Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Crystal chandeliers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:19 am
I have a very delicate crystal chandelier.
I can’t take the crystals off. How is the best way to clean it. I tried with a spray but it stayed foggy looking…

Please give product name …
Ty

zaq

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:12 am
This will be very tedious and time consuming, but that's the nature of the beast.

IMPORTANT: Water and electricity don't mix. First, cut off the power by flipping the circuit breaker switch or removing the fuse controlling the chandelier's circuit! It is NOT enough to switch off the light switch.

Protect the floor or table with a sheet of plastic covered with newspaper. Fill a tall jar with glass cleaner or sudsy ammonia. Immerse each crystal chain or drop, one by one, in the solution, then lower the jar, letting the excess liquid drip back into the jar, and wipe the crystals dry with a lint-free cloth. After all the crystals are so treated, repeat the process with a jar of plain rubbing alcohol. The alcohol will remove any residual grease and fingerprints. Let everything air dry.

Do not switch the chandelier back on till everything is Sahara dry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry