Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sleepovers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:50 am
Dd gets invited to sleepovers. Until recent, I knew the Moms and was ok with it. Recently for some reason dd started to befriend girls with challenging family situations (we are discussing this. )

Dd was invited to a sleepover and I don't want her to go.

What's the best way to handle this, longterm.

Dd did invite them to our house, but there is a limit of often I'm willing to host. Dd doesn't want to hurt the girls feelings, but understands that their home may not be a safe home.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:54 am
Let her join till a certain hour (like midnight) and then pick her up. My mother AH used to do this.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:01 am
Chayalle wrote:
Let her join till a certain hour (like midnight) and then pick her up. My mother AH used to do this.

Love this idea!

Also, don't specify an exact time to make it safer for the child.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:04 am
Chayalle wrote:

Thank you so much for this idea!!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:10 am
How often are the girls having sleepovers? I have a few girls and none ever have a sleepover!

tichellady

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:15 am
You can have a policy that your kids can only go to sleepovers with close family friends. It is a bit awkward but I don’t think there is any way around that

Rachel Shira

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:15 am
I don’t have kids this age and don’t have a strong stance on sleepovers either way right now. But if it’s a family you don’t trust for whatever reason, wouldn’t staying there until midnight be just as bad as staying totally overnight?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics