Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mishloach Manos for male English Teachers

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:12 am
Just curious what people here do. If you generally give a bottle of wine to the Rebeim for purim and something nice for the English teachers what do you give the male English teachers? Do you give them wine also or same thing you would give to the lady English teacher? It's my first year with a man English teacher so not sure what the norm is.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:20 am
I can't see why female teachers deserve a lesser gift. What does gender have to do with it? If rebbeim get a bigger gift than English teachers because they teach more hours, then a male English teacher should get a gift comparable to the one you give his female counterparts. In such a case, I would make all the teachers' packages gender-neutral, without frilly pink frou-frou, red heart candy, or gift certificates to nail salons. The male teacher shouldn't feel singled out because of his gender.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:23 am
I give a bar of chocolate, can of moscato, and a card with a note and some cash to all female teachers and male English teachers.

Rebbis get a bottle of wine with a card and (more) cash.

gdgirl

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:48 am
do you give cash/check even though you already did by chanuka?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:52 am
People are frantic about their sons knowing chumash, gemara etc., hence the gifting of melamdim...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries