Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
In Lakewood Tuesday. Where to get plus size clothes?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:00 am
I'm chubby in the midsection and sometimes it seems standard Lakewood stores are only for skinny ppl. Please give shopping suggestions!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:20 am
Sorority

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:22 am
Junees
Unique boutique opened in Lakewood I think , they would have

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:30 am
Junees has a decent plus size section
Also periwinkle
European finesse

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:29 am
Fame and Rebecca also sell some plus size clothes.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:48 am
Sorority is a great plus sized store. Fame is in the same shopping center, it's not a plus size store, but they have a decent selection of plus size clothing.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:01 am
amother Chambray wrote:
Sorority is a great plus sized store. Fame is in the same shopping center, it's not a plus size store, but they have a decent selection of plus size clothing.

Does sorority have sizes 12-14?
I find that regular stores carry very little in that size while plus size stores start at size 16-18.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:07 am
amother Grape wrote:
I find that regular stores carry very little in that size while plus size stores start at size 16-18.

I don't think so. I usually get the smallest size there and I'm a 16. Some things are too small or don't fit me well, but officially it's not a 12-14.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:18 am
Womens Wardrobe

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:23 am
amother Chambray wrote:
I don't think so. I usually get the smallest size there and I'm a 16. Some things are too small or don't fit me well, but officially it's not a 12-14.

Really? I am probably a 16/ small 14 size and I don’t get the smallest size. Maybe I am hippier or have a larger bust. Once in a while I’m a 1 there. But they also sometimes have just XL if the brand doesn’t do plus. If someone is in the area, it’s definitely worth giving it a shot, and then do Fame in the same plaza. Their tops go up to 3 or 4x usually and they have some skirts in larger sizes. If someone is a 12-14, they can prob even fit into an L or XL skirt in certain cuts.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:24 am
amother Grape wrote:

They definitely have some things in that range. For sure check it out

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:41 am
What age and style?

One of my daughters was plus size so I can tell you what I learned from that. We’re yeshivish so we weren’t looking for anything too trendy.

Unique Boutique and European Finesse are not for younger shoppers at all.

Sorority has a mix of things, some more for older ladies that my daughter wouldn’t ever wear, but also has basic skirts and tees that she did wear.

Fame is hit or miss, sometimes you get lucky, they have a range of sizes. Sells more colorful and fun things so many of the styles weren’t for us, but sometimes got really cute things there.

Periwinkle sometimes has stuff my daughter liked, again hit or miss. They have some stuff for older ladies that she wouldn’t look at, but plenty of stuff she did like.

Brooklyn Southwest occasionally has things, depends on your mazel.

Junee not really our taste, too trendy.

bnm

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:56 am
Sorrority starts at a 12/14 in some styles. Imdue in the same strip has till xl. Fame might have some up to 2x. Between those 3 stores you should find.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:06 am
Thank you so much everyone. I should add that I'm not trendy just like classic pretty type and I'm also price conscious. With those facts in mind, please let me know what you think.

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:56 am
Kohls actually had lots of tznius dresses online right now. Mainly simply Vera wang, Draper James and nine west

eagle

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:05 am
I believe japparel has plus size and they may be on sale too

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:06 am
I'm a size 12 and bought a dress at Sorority. They didn't have a huge selection for me, but the salespeople were really helpful. It was a good experience.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:08 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Kohls actually had lots of tznius dresses online right now. Mainly simply Vera wang, Draper James and nine west

I generally don't find Kohl's to be good quality. What about Macy's? Do they have anything nice right now?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:31 am
I second womens wardrobe especially if you're classy and not trendy. its in a house and you have to sift through the racks but I've been extremely successful there every time I go- more than sorrority or other stores.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:39 am
What sizes does Womens Wardrobe carry? What are the prices like?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics