Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Are kind bars healthy ?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:54 am
Which ones are the best to eat ?

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:33 am
They’re full of sugar and saturated fat

You’re better off eating a banana and some nuts and raisins if you want healthy

If you just want a tasty filling snack then kind bars fit that criteria but not healthy

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:35 am
Don't want to derail, but are nugo bars any better?

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:48 am
If you’re looking to lose weight this is high carbs and sugar.
Kind kids bars have less fat and sugar because they are very small.
Nothing wrong with eating it every once in a while but you won’t become healthy and thin because you’re eating a kind bar.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 7:58 am
I tend to view a lot of these types of bars as "candy bars". I enjoy these kinds of foods sometimes but consider them semi wholesome desserts (vs ice cream or reg cookies).

Nugo Slim bars are a little better re carbs & everything, but they & many bar products are are very processed & as said high in sugar, carbs or unhealthy fats. Often very calorie dense which is fine but some are trying to avoid.

I agree with other poster that if wholesome is what someone is looking for, then nuts & fruit are better bet (I like apple slices with peanut butter, or a slice of cheese). If high in natural sugars & carbs are okay, lara bars are a delicious choice.

If one eats cholov stam, some of the dairy bars at Costco aren't bad, they have a Kirkland brand that's high in protein which I like.

Costco also sells an ou pareve "IQ" bars which are also in my opinion a better protein or food bar choice then let's say a kind bar.

momX4

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:45 am
Check the sugar and protein for each bar.
Some are a better option than others.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 8:57 am
Yes, I think the Peanut Butter ones are. The orange box. I eat them by the bushel.

There is some sugar in there but not a lot, and there are other things that are good.

The kinds with the chocolate, no. That's candy not food.

I would rather have someone eat obvious candy, if they feel like it, and not sneak candy into better food.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:14 am
I look at them as healthier than a candy or chocolate bar. Are they better than eating raw nuts or fruit? No, but if it's a toss up between kind bar and chocolate bar, I think the kind bar wins on the healthier front.
They're not all equal either, some have more protein and fruit than others.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:12 am
I found a recipe to make my own kind bars. Will give it a try when I’m in the mood.

Are ‘healthy muffins ‘ better ?
Prob…. I made homemade ones from recipe posted here on ima mother
They were choc with nut butter.
& different ones with
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
No processed sugar

mom12

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:31 am
I’ve had a kind bar AND a Nugo bar every single day for the past 5 months and lost 30 lbs eating them!

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:39 am
mom12 wrote:
I’ve had a kind bar AND a Nugo bar every single day for the past 5 months and lost 30 lbs eating them!

Please tell us what else you are eating!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:46 am
mom12 wrote:

Wow. Please share your diet

seeker

Kind makes different types of bars. The ones that are literally nuts with a little layer of chocolate I do consider healthy. They do have sugar but the amount of nuts balances it out. You feel like you're having a treat but it's mostly protein. The fat is only from the nuts, which is good fat.

Obviously if you could be eating a salad with your protein, that's a healthier choice. But if you're looking for something to grab and munch, kind nut bars are way better than granola bars.

chestnut

mom12 wrote:

Is this all you've been eating?

mom12

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:49 am
seeker wrote:
Kind makes different types of bars. The ones that are literally nuts with a little layer of chocolate I do consider healthy. They do have sugar but the amount of nuts balances it out. You feel like you're having a treat but it's mostly protein. The fat is only from the nuts, which is good fat.

Obviously if you could be eating a salad with your protein, that's a healthier choice. But if you're looking for something to grab and munch, kind nut bars are way better than granola bars.

Yea that’s the one I eat

mom12

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:50 am
chestnut wrote:
Is this all you've been eating?

No! Along with balanced breakfast lunch and dinner!

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:57 am
mom12 wrote:
No! Along with balanced breakfast lunch and dinner!

Can you give us a sample of what you eat for each meal?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:21 pm
seeker wrote:

Do you know which ones fall into this category?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:20 pm
Bumping for the kind bars which are not so bad for us.
Want to buy but don’t know which one?

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:43 pm
Try these Aloha bars. You could order them from Amazon. Delicious and very healthy. I eat them everyday and dont get bored of them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017.....ss_tl
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise