Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sary wigs

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:15 pm
I just tried on a Sary wig. I love how sleek and soft the hair is. But I'm wondering 1) how long do they last? Especially because the hair is so thin. and 2) this one has very dark rooting and lots of reddish highlights. How long will it take before it oxidized? I'm particularly concerned about the highlights. I'll be wearing it for Shabbos, but I'm outside a lot. Especially in the summer.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 2:56 pm
I have a sary bandfall. I’ve had it for nearly 4 years now. I got it highlighted when I bought it. The highlights have basically gone very blondes/the top of the wig has gone lighter/redder. The rest has stayed dark but I’m in Israel so probably worse because of the sun. Also I’ve been wearing it daily (inc Shabbat and yom tov often) for nearly 4 years. Otherwise it’s held up nicely. Hair still soft. Still dries naturally nicely.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:22 pm
Really great to know! I'm wondering if that's still true for the newer wigs?

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:45 pm
Bought one a little over 2 years ago and love it. Wear it daily, it's so comfortable that I find myself cooking and cleaning in it. Coloring is still good. Best part was that I got it on special for around 1200.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 5:45 pm
Bought one a little over 2 years ago and love it. Wear it daily, it's so comfortable that I find myself cooking and cleaning in it. Coloring is still good. Best part was that I got it on special for around 1200.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 6:20 pm
My previous wigs (all Miris) had a lot more hair. I'm concerned about having to replace this one sooner or having to put in extra money once the hair starts thinning. How long will it last until I have to do that?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:09 pm
Bump
I'd really appreciate an answer to my last question.
Also, is 2150 a good price for a 12"?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:53 pm
I bought my Sary about a year ago and actually took out some hair to make it sleeker. I wear it everyday and haven’t had any thinning yet

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:06 pm
I got a Sary around 2 years ago. I haven’t found that it thinned but didn’t get one that was so thin to begin with. I just colored mine as it was washed out/oxidized.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:14 pm
Thanks for the responses. How about the price? I haven't bought a sheitel in 4 years and couldn't believe the price. Is 2150 for a 14" normal these days or is that expensive?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:24 pm
It’s probably what they cost now. Wigs went up a lot and this is a good line. Does the price include the cut?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:29 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
It’s probably what they cost now. Wigs went up a lot and this is a good line. Does the price include the cut?

Cut but not baby hair etc

yrb

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 12:03 am
I love my sary!!
I have it for over a year and wear it daily. I haven’t had a issue with the color oxidizing

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 12:14 am
I also really like my Sarys. I have 2 of them and haven't had to dye either one (dark brown). I have no idea about the price so can't comment on that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels