Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Frozen breastmilk

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:54 pm
I’ll be traveling shortly with a baby who takes breastmilk (I finished pumping and am using my stash now). What’s the best way to bring frozen breastmilk with me on the plane and to my destination? Once it’s defrosted you only have 24 hours to use

smss

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 9:55 pm
Cooler bag with ice packs

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:04 pm
Cooler bag with ice packs. Depending how long your flight is your may be able to ask for ice for your cooler to keep Frozen.

I traveled from NY to Paris + delay with frozen milk.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 10:50 pm
So a cooler bag with ice packs would work for the flight. What about for the trip? We’re going for about a week. So I need to bring a LOT of milk. That won’t fit in a cooler bag.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Feb 19 2024, 11:09 pm
If you pack a suitcase full it should stay frozen until you arrive. Obviously once you get there you'll need a freezer.

People fly to Israel all the time with frozen meat in their suitcase.

Set your freezer to coldest temperature two days before you fly. And that temperature a box could stay frozen for a really really long time.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:26 am
I’ve sent to israel from new jersey. I used a cooler bag and the ice packs that stay frozen for a few days. I forgot the brand. the milk bags arrived frozen. if u use a regular cooler and send it under the plane into luggage will be even better. line it with good ice packs. and pack the milk bags tightly. should be fine. I’ve done a 13 hour drive too and everything frozen solid bH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics