Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Good, easy, chocolate dessert
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 7:55 am
canuk wrote:
Anyone have a good desert preferably chocolatey. My kids are all coming for shabbos and I want a desert that is not too compicated but great! Thanks.

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:02 am
do you have the purple cookcook? spice and spirit has an easy chocolate pie recipie. you need graham cracker crust, Let me know if you need it.

rowo

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:03 am
cant find the recipe but google chocolate self saucing pudding.
it's basically a cake with a yummy gooey chocolate sauce that forms underneath. it's very easy to make (I've even mixed it in the pan) you mix the ingredients, pour into pan, sprinkle cocoa, brown sugar over it, pour hot water on top and bake. then keep it warm till the end of the meal. serve with vanilla icecream if you want.

freidasima

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:05 am
Sure:

Milchig version.
Boil up a 100 g. package of lilquid whipping creme with two 300g bars of chocolate. Melt the chocolate in the creme.
Boil for two minutes.
Let cool. Refrigerate for a day or even freeze.
Whip. Freeze again.
make into round balls (it hardens) and dust with cocoa.
Put back in the freezer.
They are like frozen truffles and the kids will love them. You can use bitersweet chocolate as well.

Pareve version - use pareve chocolate and pareve whip and then freeze.

A zillion calories.

Another possibility is just to put the boiled liquidly creme and chocolate into the fridge for a day until it hardens a bit and then put over chocolate ice cream.
Yummy!

rowo

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:11 am
dont know how to make a link
but this looks like a good one (I use soy milk or s/thing like that)

http://www.cheap-and-easy-reci.....g.htm

yo'ma

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:16 am
rowo, the link worked.
now canuk has to see this, b/c I put it up for her.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 9:59 am
I have posted this recipe a number of times ( embarrassed ) but it's my all-time favorite... and I haven't found any other recipe that has topped this yet!

You can use ramekins instead of cupcake holders/ muffin tins- this recipe is very easy

Molten Chocolate Surprise

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (I just use the same oz. of chocolate chips)
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 CHIPS AHOY! Real Chocolate Chip Cookies (Lieber's makes great substitute- I think they're called Chip's Wow??- perfect size and texture)
Whipped Cream (garnish, I like vanilla ice cream instead)

PREHEAT oven to 425°F.

Melt chocolate and margarine in large pot. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Beat whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour with wire whisk until well blended. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating constantly until well blended.

LINE 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, on bottom of each cup; cover evenly with batter.

BAKE 8 min. or until cakes are firm around edges but still soft in centers. Let stand 1 min. Carefully remove cakes from muffin pan. Invert onto dessert dishes (I do this right before serving instead of right after baking); remove paper liners. Serve with whipped topping.

azoy

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:44 am
REALLY SIMPLE FROZEN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE

One bowl needed!! No pots or pans!!

3/4 C Margarine MELTED
1 C. sugar
1/2 C Cocoa

beat those ingredients 2 minutes until it gets kinda separated. I use an electric hand whisk.

4 eggs - add them one at a time to the mixture and beat after each egg
1 teaspoon vanilla - add

beat about 5 minutes until the mousse gets lighter (it starts off very dark, and will visibly get darker) - continually scrape sides and bottom so nothing gets stuck.

then pour into pre-made graham cracker crust (keebler is parve) and freeze!

I whip up rich's whip the next day and take out the frozen mousse and spread it on top and then put back in freezer (if you don't wait until the pie is frozen first, it will get all messy)

when you serve it you don't need to let it sit out first. I drizzle the plate with black and white syrup before serving.

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 11:58 am
Whip up whip, instant chocolate pudding and creamer/soy milk, can add a bit of vanilla and pour into graham cracker crust.

Freeze or refrigerate for ice cream or chocolate pie. There was one point when we were making this every week.

Of course it doesn't compare to the more patchky stuff but its good.

bubs

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 3:57 pm
Thanks everyone. These sound great. I will try one tonight.

grin

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 12:24 pm
azoy wrote:

3/4 C Margarine MELTED
1 C. sugar
1/2 C Cocoa

beat those ingredients 2 minutes until it gets kinda separated. I use an electric hand whisk.

1 teaspoon vanilla - add

beat about 5 minutes until the mousse gets lighter (it starts off very dark, and will visibly get darker) - continually scrape sides and bottom so nothing gets stuck.

I whip up rich's whip the next day and take out the frozen mousse and spread it on top and then put back in freezer (if you don't wait until the pie is frozen first, it will get all messy)

when you serve it you don't need to let it sit out first. I drizzle the plate with black and white syrup before serving.

this definitely sounds like a must-try.

azoy

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 12:29 pm
grin wrote:
azoy wrote:

3/4 C Margarine MELTED
1 C. sugar
1/2 C Cocoa

1 teaspoon vanilla - add

it really is amazing! it takes less than 10 minutes to make, no egg separating, baking, and you dont take out 100 bowls and pots and pans Smile and it tastes great Smile

OldYoung

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 12:32 pm
azoy wrote:
grin wrote:
azoy wrote:

3/4 C Margarine MELTED
1 C. sugar
1/2 C Cocoa

1 teaspoon vanilla - add

it really is amazing! it takes less than 10 minutes to make, no egg separating, baking, and you dont take out 100 bowls and pots and pans Smile and it tastes great Smile

(looks delicious, but am I the only one raised with the 'no raw eggs rule?' Confused)

azoy

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 12:55 pm
OldYoung wrote:

(looks delicious, but am I the only one raised with the 'no raw eggs rule?' Confused)

I was too busy eating uncooked brownie batter to care for such rules Smile

OldYoung

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 12:58 pm
azoy wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

I was too busy eating uncooked brownie batter to care for such rules Smile

lol that was my mother's rule so now I just don't even bother looking at recipes that call for raw eggs. I remember the day she came home looking like she won the lottery- She was at a health food store (maybe Trader Joe's?) and found 'pasteurized eggs.' I thought it was totally impossible and I have no idea how the science in those works... but that's when she started making some raw egg recipes. I never bothered to look for them though...

shnitzel

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 1:23 pm
I have a super easy healthyish egg free chocolate mousse recipe

1 pkg silken tofu
one pkg chocolate chips (although tastes better if its good quality chocolate - about 10 oz. I think)
tsp. or so of vanilla
can add a splash of maple syrup

Blend tofu with immersion blender
melt chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler, be careful to cook just until smooth.
Add vanilla and melted chocolate chips to tofu and blend all together
Put in fridge.

Very yummy easy and no one will ever know its tofu (I promise no one has ever guessed)

To make it even nicer you can melt more chocolate and brush it onto silicone muffin cups and then refridgerate or freeze. Pop out the chocolate cups and scoop mousse or pipe (can fill a plastic bag and pipe using that) into the cups. Looks beautiful.

grin

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:28 pm
OldYoung wrote:

I think home-made mayo is healthier than the chemical-ridden store-bought, even tho it has raw eggs. It's the raw egg-white that's supposedly poisonous when eaten without the yolk.
and anyhow, did anyone here say that mousse is healthy?!

redhot

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:33 pm
grin wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

I think home-made mayo is healthier than the chemical-ridden store-bought, even tho it has raw eggs. It's the raw egg-white that's supposedly poisonous when eaten without the yolk.
and anyhow, did anyone here say that mousse is healthy?!

raw egg isnt poisonous. raw egg (as far as I knwo-either part) can contain salmonella. bad news

grin

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:39 pm
redhot wrote:
raw egg isnt poisonous. raw egg (as far as I know-either part) can contain salmonella. bad news
actually, raw egg-white does have small amounts of poison, which is counteracted by the yolk. another little-known wonder of ma'ase habriya.
re: salmonella, that's true, which is why anything prepared with raw eggs shouldn't be kept for as long as the store-bought version - IMO not more than a week.

Last edited by grin on Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

elf123

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:40 pm
[quote="OldYoung"][quote="azoy"]
OldYoung wrote:

lol that was my mother's rule so now I just don't even bother looking at recipes that call for raw eggs. I remember the day she came home looking like she won the lottery- She was at a health food store (maybe Trader Joe's?) and found 'pasteurized eggs.' I thought it was totally impossible and I have no idea how the science in those works... but that's when she started making some raw egg recipes. I never bothered to look for them though...

I started buying those "pasteurized eggs" from Trader Joe's when we moved to NJ, had never been there before...I don't really use them in "raw egg" recipes, but I do use them in everything else...cakes, cookies, kugels...even if you don't really have to watch your cholesterol, it's an easy way to cut out cholesterol for the whole family...I was just at Trader Joe's today, I went there just to buy the eggs...I usually buy 5 or 6 at a time. They are also cheaper there than in the supermarket.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics