Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Ideas for a side Profession or outlet

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 12:57 pm
I have worked my way up to a certain point in the company I work for. When I took this job it was ideal for me.

At this point in my life my children are out of the house more hours and I can use more income.

The issue is that I still cant work a full 9-5 and that is the only type of job that will pay more than my current salary. I would like to find a side job where I'm not committed to hours rather to get the job done. Any ideas? I am creative, I enjoy people and am great at diplomacy. I am terribly disorganized though

P3aches

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have worked my way up to a certain point in the company I work for. When I took this job it was ideal for me.

At this point in my life my children are out of the house more hours and I can use more income.

The issue is that I still cant work a full 9-5 and that is the only type of job that will pay more than my current salary. I would like to find a side job where I'm not committed to hours rather to get the job done. Any ideas? I am creative, I enjoy people and am great at diplomacy. I am terribly disorganized though

Maybe you can tutor?

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:28 pm
Negotiator
Medical/Patient Liaison
Hatzaloh/Chaveirim Dispatcher
Bikur Cholim Coordinator

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:29 pm
Do you have any education?

If you do I would look into mediation - you work with lawyers or batei din on trying to get out of court settlements....

Or a creative filed like interior design, web design, where you can take side projects on a job by job basis.

Editing is also something always in demand and is freelancing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:37 pm
My writing skills aren't great.

Do I need a lot of schooling for interior design?

Never did any schooling past High school

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
My writing skills aren't great.

Do I need a lot of schooling for interior design?

Never did any schooling past High school

You need to take courses to learn the programs they use (autocad, revit etc) and also will need to take a course to get certification. It can take up to a couple years

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 1:55 pm
That's way too long for me. Any other recommendation?

Light1234

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 2:05 pm
How about have a look at frum classifieds for part time positions and base your decision on what you find?

HarrietW

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 5:12 pm
Real estate agent. It requires a course, but you can have flexible hours and a lot of potential

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 20 2024, 5:15 pm
HarrietW wrote:
Real estate agent. It requires a course, but you can have flexible hours and a lot of potential

With the current market is it a thing? I would actually love to do this. Where can I find out about courses given?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:05 am
amother Lightcoral wrote:
You need to take courses to learn the programs they use (autocad, revit etc) and also will need to take a course to get certification. It can take up to a couple years

I know plenty of people who have done the interior design course to learn the programs in a few months, and certification depends on state - my friends who did it in NJ did it start to finish in under a year.

Real estate agents is a brutal job, that pays well but is really mostly suited to someone who is very motivated and will be aggressive about getting listings. Everyone else doesn't really make money.

Is there a niche need that you think you can fill in your area?
The best way to have a side hustle is to find a need that you can fill and build a business around it.
Or, if you have a skill that you can monetize. Are you great at organizing - personal organizers seem to be in demand. Are you a fantastic shopper - a personal shopper or a social media presence and website where you post links for great deals that you monetize can be great.
Do you travel a lot? Can you sell itineraries to different destinations? Do you bake - what about a home baked goods business filling a niche in your community. Can you open a store filling a need in your basement?

salt

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:09 am
Designing digital photo albums for people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics