Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Why did your toddler tantrum today?
1  2  3  Next

readreread

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:39 am
I thought this could be a fun thread.

Today, my 16 month old cried because we gave him the wrong bottle. He said "baba," so we gave him a munchkin cup and he took one sip then screamed and threw it across the room screaming "BABA BABA BABA" so we gave him his usual sippy cup and he downed the rest like he had been in the desert for five years.

GrowingUp

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:45 am
I took away the bag of marshmallows she took from the pantry. I have no clue how many of them she ate. She’s almost 2.

amother
Starflower

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:54 am
She lost the ice cube she was sucking on
And I couldn't find it, obviously
And the ice tray was empty

#firstworldproblems

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:55 am
I didn’t give my toddler his prize for potty training he has to earn enough stickers on his chart , crazy total meltdown right right before heading out to school 🙈
Luckily we got there on time somehow 😂

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:57 am
She couldn’t close the minivan door herself after I buckled her into her car seat but also couldn’t close it first because I needed to buckle her in Can't Believe It

She’s almost 3 and in the “I want to do it myself” stage.

imamommy5

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:59 am
We have a tantrum every morning that the sun came out. And it shouldn't have because she didn't tell it to yet and that's just pure chutzpah on the suns part.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:02 pm
After he spilled his entire bowl of cereal on the floor before he ate any of it. We made him clean it up.

honey36

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:04 pm
Not all from today, but funny tantrums I remember;

She asked what day it was. I said it's Tuesday. She begins crying, "nooo! It's Monday!" And won't calm down. (Not as if we do anything different/fun on Mondays). Finally I say, "ok, ok your rights it's Monday" and she calms down.

She was screaming at older DD in the car "stop it, stop it ". DD claims she's not doing anything. Toddler still crying, says "stop looking out my window!!!"

She is crying, "I want diamonds!!!" Over and over. I have no idea what she's taking about. Finally after a long tantrum I realize she wants almonds!

Hey123

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:08 pm
She didnt stop crying since a cup of Orange Juice wasn't enough for her, she wanted the WHOLE bottle Very Happy

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:09 pm
The daily not wanting to get dressed or buckled in the carseat tantrum Wink Almost 2.5 yo

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:11 pm
BH no tantrums today Smile Do I get a reward?

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:12 pm
My toddlers current obsession is the moon, trucks, and cats. She often asks for more of these items and I unfortunately cannot just make them magically appear. This is the cause of many tantrums this week.

Cookie Monster

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:20 pm
Her bus wasnt coming yet. At 8am….

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:22 pm
She stuck her hand into her dirty diaper and then tantrummed about her hand being dirty. 🤪

runninglate

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:22 pm
Because he wanted to start the day at four thirty am!

Lovable

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:23 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
BH no tantrums today Smile Do I get a reward?

Nope
She does!
You do know that tantrums are totally up to the lil bosses 100%

sunshine23

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:31 pm
My 3 yr old tantrumed that I was awake before him screaming "go back to bed" (he steals candy in am ) my 18 mo the old tantrumed because I wouldn't put on a second coat on top of her coat she was wearing at 7 am just for fun

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:44 pm
My 22 mo was tantrumung cuz I brought her back inside.
She took off her pj's, put on her brother's shoes, her own coat and hat and came outside to wait for her brothers bus.
Her legs were naked and she was trying to ride her ice covered bike and mad at me yelling it's "kohlt!" And motioning I should make it less cold.... I picked her up and brought her back inside. She came right back out so I closed her hat and coat and let her stay outside for the 3 minutes till the bus came.
Then I picked her up and brought her back inside she was MMMMAAAAD. All morning. There wasn't anything I could do that was "right" she loves music and singing but today even that didn't work. Every time I started singing she yelled "no!"
I stated singing I love you. She yelled "no wuv yuuu!" I started singing kupala songs she yelled "no pukala!" There was no distracting her. The morning was one long tantrum until it was naptime. And now she's awake too early and talking to her stuffies. Let's hope she's in a better mood this afternoon.

I know it might sound crazy to yall but I absolutely LOVE this age and stage tantrums and all. My favorite time.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:58 pm
He couldn’t unbuckle me while he was buckled in the car LOL

giftedmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 1:01 pm
She wanted only cookies for breakfast
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics