Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bedtime for infant

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 4:30 pm
I have a 10 week old bh
He is a pretty good nighttime sleeper he goes to be about 930 sleeps until 3ish and then again until 6ish and back again until 8ish
He is cranky from 730 until bedtime though did anyone give their baby an early bedtime and still have them not wake too early
I'm scared by putting him in earlier he will also wake up too early while I'm getting my other kids ready for the day

amother
Wandflower

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 5:00 pm
You definitely should put baby to bed earlier!! 6:30/7:30 is ideal!! It’s not like he’s sleeping through the night ; you said he’s up at 6:30 anyway (and you put him back to bed) so what’s your concern ?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 5:07 pm
12 hours of night time sleep is common at that age. Not every baby but you could see yours.

I put my baby to bed around 8:00. Pick her up to feed her right before I go to sleep and then put her back to sleep. She then usually sleeps till 4.00 and then till 8:00

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 5:10 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
12 hours of night time sleep is common at that age. Not every baby but you could see yours.

I put my baby to bed around 8:00. Pick her up to feed her right before I go to sleep and then put her back to sleep. She then usually sleeps till 4.00 and then till 8:00

Wow that is not my experience! Lucky you

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 5:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a 10 week old bh
He is a pretty good nighttime sleeper he goes to be about 930 sleeps until 3ish and then again until 6ish and back again until 8ish
He is cranky from 730 until bedtime though did anyone give their baby an early bedtime and still have them not wake too early
I'm scared by putting him in earlier he will also wake up too early while I'm getting my other kids ready for the day

When’s his last nap before bed? It could be he needs a short nap closer to bedtime… The over night sounds amazing!!

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:45 pm
tichellady wrote:
Wow that is not my experience! Lucky you

I know I'm lucky. But my baby sounds very similar to OP's baby so it might likely work for her.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:49 pm
I have 6 kids and none of my babies ever had a set bedtime until they were 6 months old at least
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics