Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Heart prints on clothing for girls, is it a problem?
1  2  3  Next

Do you buy clothing with hearts for your kids?
Sure, why not?  
 93%  [ 270 ]
No, it's a problem  
 1%  [ 5 ]
Don't love it but don't have a problem with it...  
 4%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 289

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:18 pm
I have a full house of girls and always loved heart prints on tops or dresses, heart necklaces, e.c.t. I recently befriended a new neighbor and she mentioned that she always knew it's a sheiladige thing 😲

Anyone ever heard of this?
Does anyone have a problem with buying clothing with heart pictures? If yes, what's the reason?

mom_13

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:21 pm
Can we please focus on real issues?

Really no issue. A heart is a shape like circle, square, triangle, etc.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:23 pm
I love hearts! No shaila that I know of

Tao

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:24 pm
And just when I thought I had for sure heard it all, someone comes up with a gem like this. Can't Believe It LOL

Simple1

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:24 pm
I like hearts unless it has a very valentines look .

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:25 pm
Definitely a Shayla because people might think you love your girls.
The real answer is, of course - No problem.

cheese cake

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:25 pm
What’s the problem?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:51 pm
excuse my ignorance, but what does sheiladige mean?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:52 pm
Why would hearts be an issue? It's so cute.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:52 pm
Hmm I just opened my ups package of clothing I ordered for my girls with hearts on it. do I need to return it?

anyway, the only thing I ever heard of people having issues is with teens or adult women wearing heart necklaces. never heard of anything other issues at all.

peace2

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:53 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
excuse my ignorance, but what does sheiladige mean?

I assume it means worthy of asking a Shaila about. Keep dressing them in hearts, I'm sure they look adorable and girly and there's no problem with it

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:53 pm
Sheiladik means questionable

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:54 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Hmm I just opened my ups package of clothing I ordered for my girls with hearts on it. do I need to return it?

anyway, the only thing I ever heard of people having issues is with teens or adult women wearing heart necklaces. never heard of anything other issues at all.

What’s the issue there?

socialbutterfly

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:56 pm
I've never heard of the heart shape being a problem. Can someone enlighten me?

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:57 pm
So I've heard of people associating hearts as romantic... hence it not being tzenius....

Me personally, I really like hearts. I think they are adorable. But I wouldn't buy stuff for my kids with huge red hearts.
I see those a lot. Really cute colored clothing with amazing cut/style ans a huge red heart... so I skip.
But I also wouldn't do a huge red circle or square.
I feel like a heart has a little more character than circles or squares.
I actually don't particularly go for polka-hearts (I think I just coined a new term. Lol)
❤️🩷🧡💛💚💙🩵💜🤎🖤🩶🤍 I feel like its just too much..... But I do like polka dots.... 🔵🔴🟣🟢🟡🟠🟤⚪️⚫️

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 6:58 pm
Op, I understand your question, some super sensitive types like me (not necessarily religiously, but noticing nuance & detail sometimes to nth degree with a tendency to be curious about things), but I believe that this is completely fine & acceptable.

Some may choose to not wear red, or in certain esp more in town more rw communities avoid denim, etc etc.

But avoiding hearts in today's day would be missing the forest from the trees, & in chinuch, being overly sensitive & overly cautious can backfire.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:09 pm
amother Garnet wrote:

And why is it that people have a problem with heart necklaces on adult women? Really trying to understand...

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:18 pm
I went to TD high school. Heart shaped necklaces were banned because “love”. Love is a horrible thing, apparently

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:18 pm
My baby once had a top that had embroidered on it (in the same color as the top so wasn't so obvious) dad+mum+ Heart =me! I only noticed it after she'd been wearing it for a while

amother
Diamond

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 7:19 pm
Chas veshalom someone should think someone loves you or you love someone. Because love obviously means forbidden romantic boy-girl relationships. (There is no other kind of love, apparently.) In which case I'm surprised no one has raised objections to untzniusdik diamond engagement rings, which are nothing if not a very very public demonstration that some male loves you or lusts after you enough to want to marry you and you love or lust after him enough to agree. Shameful, disgraceful and a shandah.

Sarcasm alert.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics