Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Traveling overseas 8 months pregnant

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:16 pm
Is this a possible trip? My husb and I have been talking about going for a while around the summertime (before I found out I was pregnant) we wanted (mainly him) to go visit his grandparents overseas with our 2 toddlers. (One of them is not so well and they really want to see us and our kids; it’s their only grandkids) I’m scared it’ll be too hard. Did anyone do such a trip and was it manageable?

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:23 pm
If you’re prepared to give birth there, then maybe. I personally would never.

teachkids

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:23 pm
Make sure you have good travel insurance - both if you're not cleared to travel and if baby is born there

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:24 pm
I wouldn’t

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:27 pm
Can he take the two toddlers - or maybe one- perhaps when you’re seventh months pregnant (low chance of giving birth without him there) or is that impossible?

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:34 pm
I wouldn’t even travel cross country 8 months pregnant. Not prepared to give birth somewhere else.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:40 pm
Thanks for the replies. Wasn’t even thinking about giving birth cuz I always go overdue, but I guess you never know. Maybe we’ll just have to push for another time not worth the risk.

gr82no

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:52 pm
I would travel in my eighth month, but make sure to frequently take a walk to prevent blood clots.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:55 pm
I would be cautious because you never know what can happen and you may end up giving birth when away.
Also depending on which airline, they may not let you fly. My sister had major issues being allowed on the plane when she was 30 weeks pregnant as she carries very large and they were convinced she was too far along, and the airline officially allowed flying until 34 weeks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics