Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Adulting
1  2  Next

Do you feel like an adult?
Yes  
 50%  [ 45 ]
No, I feel like a grown-up  
 20%  [ 18 ]
still feeling like a kid,  
 29%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 89

SnowLeopard

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:20 pm
Hi all,

Though I’ve been married 10 years, I finally feel like an adult this year. I have a stable boring job, and am finally learning life skills and info, like the difference between gap insurance, secondary insurance, and coinsurance. I even know what the difference between and W4 and W2 is. I’d love to discuss life skills with all of you and learn more cool stuff! Let’s ask our burning questions here!

lilytee

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:22 pm
Today I realized how much joy I get from being fully domesticated. And it scared me.

SnowLeopard

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:42 pm
lilytee wrote:
Today I realized how much joy I get from being fully domesticated. And it scared me.

I love this response

HarrietW

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:44 pm
lilytee wrote:

What does domesticated mean? You don’t work out of the home?

AlwaysCleaning

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:48 pm
Ah yes I get excited about a new laundry detergent scent. I must be am adult now

SnowLeopard

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:51 pm
For all of the adults on here, when did that happen for you? Was there a moment in time that you had a sudden realization or was it more gradual?

For all of the grown ups, what keeps you young and full of dreams?

SnowLeopard

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 7:53 pm
AlwaysCleaning wrote:
Ah yes I get excited about a new laundry detergent scent. I must be am adult now

Yesss! And a new sponge- nothing like it! Your post goes so well with your username 😊

lilytee

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:05 pm
HarrietW wrote:
What does domesticated mean? You don’t work out of the home?

Dictionary

do·mes·ti·cated
adjective
(of an animal) tame and kept as a pet or on a farm.
"domesticated dogs"

OFTEN HUMOROUS
fond of home life and housework.

I thoroughly enjoy housework and being home when I can 😆

shira leah

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:07 pm
When I had to get health insurance I felt like an adult. No... not when I graduated from college, or when I got my first job, or when I got married, or had a baby, or bought a house.... Health insurance.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:30 pm
When I could buy all the crazy candy I ever wanted at my discretion. And these horrible looking nosh no longer tempted me.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:37 pm
lilytee wrote:

Why did it scare you?
To me, it's such a fulfilling & accomplishing feeling that I can bh run a home very well basically by myself.

44now

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:38 pm
When going to the grocery on your own is a rare and exciting treat...

singleagain

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:58 pm
I'm 37 and still don't feel like a full adult.

nightingale1

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:25 pm
Anyone feel the opposite? I feel like a total child. Sometimes I look at my toddler and think I’m his mother?? I have no clue what I’m doing!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:41 am
How does the poll make sense? Being an adult and being grown up are basically the same thing.

a2z

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:53 am
You didn't have an option for "nope, I'm still playing by ear"

Bnei Berak 10

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 3:27 am
When a large separate eight drawer deep freezer and a pesach kitchen are your dreams.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 4:17 am
The first time I felt it, I was 18 and I drove to pick up my first drivers license by myself!

Nowadays, I feel like an adult when my house is clean, I’m on top of the bills and I take my kids out to a new place we haven’t been before.

I find myself getting excited over the lamest things:

When the laundry baskets are finally empty (for like a half hour- if I’m lucky).

If I manage to get it a really tough stain.

When I make a new fancy dish.

When I learn a new cleaning hack- and it impresses my mother!

When I make a new dinner and everyone eats it (soooo rare).

When my desk is neat and I’m on top of my work game.

SnowLeopard

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 8:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
How does the poll make sense? Being an adult and being grown up are basically the same thing.

I had a third option for still feeling like a kid, but it got cut off. I was still pretty happy with the results; I feel like a grown up is what kids call adults, and is kind of like playing pretend adulting. I was going to have this middle one as a joke, but when the bottom one got left out, I was happy anyways.

singleagain

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 8:40 am
SnowLeopard wrote:
I had a third option for still feeling like a kid, but it got cut off. I was still pretty happy with the results; I feel like a grown up is what kids call adults, and is kind of like playing pretend adulting. I was going to have this middle one as a joke, but when the bottom one got left out, I was happy anyways.

Would you like me to add the third option?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics