Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
If you could live anywhere…
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 9:58 am
In a large, spacious house with lots of windows and beautiful grass, palm trees and a pool of course! But, ideally in a Jewish community near the beach. Also typing this fm my tiny apt in BP but I can't complain about the view, only about the parking!!

amother
Tuberose

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:06 am
a beautiful suburban moshav like area near jerusalem..

someone already posted that above but I need to second it.

GLUE

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:58 am
A place were the infrastructure works.
Not pron to blackouts or other issues. If a traffic light falls down there are people directing traffic so it moves.
A place where there are street tree's and a tree canopy over the sidewalk and part of the streets.
A place that you could walk to the stores, schools, work you would not have to "live" in your car driving your kids around town. A place that respects that some people don't want to drive everywhere.
I would want a garden big enough to plant a Walnut tree.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:06 am
fauxreal wrote:
Love this thread, and love seeing everyone’s rural/farm life yearnings.

I’d also live in a ranch, with acres and acres of land, and horses and cows and chickens dotting the landscape.

Or in a cabin in a remote, secluded, wooded area where the seasons change vividly before your eyes.

…Typing from my apartment building apartment in Boro Park while the view out my window is another apartment building.

All of this. Ideally a ranch that includes a vegetable and flower garden surrounded by forest on all sides.

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:07 am
If not in yerushalayim by the beis hamikdash, I would love to live on a farm with a big farmhouse. Always been my dream (my husband says the same of we didnt need to be in a jewish community).

peace2

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:18 am
So interesting to read everyone's farm dreams! I'm very content in my suburban life and have no interest in gardening or feeding chickens Smile
In seminary we went to this apartment that has a rooftop porch with a direct view of the kosel and har habayis. An American family was living there, don't remember their names but there was a crazy story about how they came to own it. If they were selling I'd take it!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:28 am
GLUE wrote:
A place were the infrastructure works.
Not pron to blackouts or other issues. If a traffic light falls down there are people directing traffic so it moves.
A place where there are street tree's and a tree canopy over the sidewalk and part of the streets.
A place that you could walk to the stores, schools, work you would not have to "live" in your car driving your kids around town. A place that respects that some people don't want to drive everywhere.
I would want a garden big enough to plant a Walnut tree.

I live in such a place. Good infrastructure, no blackouts or anything like that.

Schools, shops, work are all within walking distance. My husband drives and so do some of my kids, but I don't and I've never really needed it. For hosp and dentist appointments and some doctor's app it's too far to walk but near enough for the bus or Uber.

What we don't have are street trees or gardens big enough for your walnut tree. But would to love to welcome you to the community if you'll come without the trees!!

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:32 am
A house with a yard in EY.

A girl can dream right?

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:33 am
If circumstances were right and easy? In yerushalayim as close to the kotel as possible

GLUE

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:34 am
amother Floralwhite wrote:
I live in such a place. Good infrastructure, no blackouts or anything like that.

Schools, shops, work are all within walking distance. My husband drives and so do some of my kids, but I don't and I've never really needed it. For hosp and dentist appointments and some doctor's app it's too far to walk but near enough for the bus or Uber.

What we don't have are street trees or gardens big enough for your walnut tree. But would to love to welcome you to the community if you'll come without the trees!!

What place is this?

tichellady

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:46 am
I have no desire to live on a farm and very much enjoy having friends who live close to me. I actually love many things about the place where I live, although it’s not perfect. I wish I could be near all my friends and family, although we are all over the world

ftm1234

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 11:59 am
On a farm, definitely.

But I wouldn't want to be completely isolated. I would want my family and friends to live nearby, possibly also on farm.

Side note, I wish there was a chassidish community where homeschooling was accepted.

I dream of homeschooling my daughter.

amother
Alyssum

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:25 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
A huge palatial penthouse in the center of yerushalayim

We have exactly the same taste .

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 1:41 pm
GLUE wrote:
What place is this?

Europe.

amother
Currant

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 2:01 pm
Exactly where I live now

Small cozy yerushalayim apartment (unrenovated)
on the sweetest little block with the best neighbors.
I love the charm of my cream terrazzo floors and quaint little kitchen Smile
And living in yerushalayim is a dream come true

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 4:59 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Exactly where I live now

Small cozy yerushalayim apartment (unrenovated)
on the sweetest little block with the best neighbors.
I love the charm of my cream terrazzo floors and quaint little kitchen Smile
And living in yerushalayim is a dream come true

I live in Bnei Barak and I still dream of living in Yerushalayim every day…

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 5:07 pm
Living on a scenic beautiful moshav filled with nature and flowers in Kush Katif filled with jews, shuls and life. Also a ten minute drive from the beach too.

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 5:13 pm
Port Isaac in Cornwall.
Or any other quaint little english or irish village.
Thats my dream.

Gt

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:15 pm
Not even a question- Yerushalyim! Heart

amother
Holly

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 8:27 pm
In a cute town with lots of greenery and a beach or lake just 2 blocks away. All people in the town are one happy family, no peer pressure. Even in this simple town I still need a pool in my backyard!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics