Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need help relocating to NY/NJ

gentlemama

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:52 pm
Hello! My husband, daughter, and I are relocating to New Jersey from Miami. We had a hard time here and my husband was able to find work in New Jersey and started in November, he is staying with a couple of friends right now and I am with my mom in FL, we are looking for an apartment in Passaic or Highland Park but have had a really hard time finding something. Realtors are telling us we should be able to find something for April/May but we have already been living apart for many months. We recently started looking into short terms in or near Boro Park because my husband can easily carpool into work there but also are having no success. Our next idea is to look into non Jewish areas as there seems to be more inventory but we would really like to avoid that. Wondering if anyone knows anyone or is anyone that has a space available that they might rent out for 2 months in or near Boro Park, Passaic, or somewhat close to Bayonne.
Ty in advance!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:56 pm
There are short tems currently available in Passaic. Are they out of your price range or is there a different issue? Did you speak to a frum Passaic real estate agent?

gentlemama

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:36 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
There are short tems currently available in Passaic. Are they out of your price range or is there a different issue? Did you speak to a frum Passaic real estate agent?

We spoke to a frum agent, they gave us information for only 1 short term that had no living area. Someone previously mentioned a place called “Avenue “ I believe, that is out of our price range. But thats all we know about.

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:19 am
How many bedrooms do you need, and what's your budget?

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 6:04 am
Zillow is showing tons of apartments to rent in highland park. Orchard gardens is popular among frum families

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 9:34 am
gentlemama wrote:
We spoke to a frum agent, they gave us information for only 1 short term that had no living area. Someone previously mentioned a place called “Avenue “ I believe, that is out of our price range. But thats all we know about.

How about the new places on Pennington? Not short term but should be opening soon.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 10:16 am
gentlemama wrote:
Hello! My husband, daughter, and I are relocating to New Jersey from Miami. We had a hard time here and my husband was able to find work in New Jersey and started in November, he is staying with a couple of friends right now and I am with my mom in FL, we are looking for an apartment in Passaic or Highland Park but have had a really hard time finding something. Realtors are telling us we should be able to find something for April/May but we have already been living apart for many months. We recently started looking into short terms in or near Boro Park because my husband can easily carpool into work there but also are having no success. Our next idea is to look into non Jewish areas as there seems to be more inventory but we would really like to avoid that. Wondering if anyone knows anyone or is anyone that has a space available that they might rent out for 2 months in or near Boro Park, Passaic, or somewhat close to Bayonne.
Ty in advance!

Passaic sounds perfect for commuting.

Sometimes places are word of mouth and not listed for to keep a nice crowd there are shuls or locals that can help you find out what’s really available in the area

gentlemama

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:56 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
How many bedrooms do you need, and what's your budget?

Short term a big studio, 1 or 2 bedroom

Long term 2 bedroom 2400$

gentlemama

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:56 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
How about the new places on Pennington? Not short term but should be opening soon.

These are out of our price range

gentlemama

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:59 pm
Yes its just hard without being there or knowing anyone, someone tried to get me into a chat but I guess its closed to outsiders. Otber than that im on an email list but I havent seen anything posted yet.

amother
Quince

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 2:03 pm
gentlemama wrote:
Short term a big studio, 1 or 2 bedroom

Long term 2 bedroom 2400$

That's what a 2 bedroom in HP costs. Def look into it

gentlemama

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 2:16 pm
amother Quince wrote:
Zillow is showing tons of apartments to rent in highland park. Orchard gardens is popular among frum families

Ty

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:58 pm
Have you looked into Staten Island. Very close to Bayonne?

gentlemama

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:40 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
Have you looked into Staten Island. Very close to Bayonne?

We’d prefer to stay in New Jersey long term.

CPenzias

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:13 pm
Any interest in Linden? It's easy to get to the city from here

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:29 pm
How about Carteret NJ? Not a frum place but there are a few frum families because of the Yeshiva there. They’d love it if another family came to join and I bet you could rent a house for that price!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating