Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What are things you'll never understand?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:30 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
You do realize those who put something under are most definitely disinfecting their counter too?? It’s an extra not an instead of.

But why is my question?

At least, why do you think it's gross that people put it straight on the counter if the expectation is that they clean their counter afterward?

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:31 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Well, that's how people are making it sound.... Why would you need to put a garbage bag underneath if you clean it right afterwards??

Because salmonella is serious. It’s best to not fully contaminate your counters. You clean after too but why spread the germs in the first place?

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:32 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Because salmonella is serious. It’s best to not fully contaminate your counters. You clean after too but why spread the germs in the first place?

If you disinfect your counter there is no concern of salmonella. So, I'm still not getting why it's so gross or a concern...

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:32 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Well, that's how people are making it sound.... Why would you need to put a garbage bag underneath if you clean it right afterwards??

I don't put a full on garbage bag.
I place it on top of a food storage bag and then dump when I'm done.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:33 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I don't put a full on garbage bag.
I place it on top of a food storage bag and then dump when I'm done.

All cool. Again. I just don't see why from the point of view of the OP it's not understandable how someone doesn't put a bag underneath if putting a bag down is just an extra precaution.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:34 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
If you disinfect your counter there is no concern of salmonella. So, I'm still not getting why it's so gross or a concern...

It is still a concern. It can splash and spread further than you realize. And with something under its less likely. But also I’m not a fan of contaminating my counters.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:36 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
It is still a concern. It can splash and spread further than you realize. And with something under its less likely. But also I’m not a fan of contaminating my counters.

I guess I don't use splashy chicken.

I do a full clean up of my kitchen every night so I guess I'll be sticking with my status quo.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:38 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I guess I don't use splashy chicken.

I do a full clean up of my kitchen every night so I guess I'll be sticking with my status quo.

You only clean at night? So from when you make the chicken until the night the contamination just sits there? That’s literally the issue. That’s not disinfecting. You need to do it right away.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:39 pm
Antivaxers

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:40 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
You only clean at night? So from when you make the chicken until the night the contamination just sits there? That’s literally the issue. That’s not disinfecting. You need to do it right away.

No I clean after I use the chicken and then clean AGAIN at night.

No need to try to make issues where there are none. Stay concerned for yourself Smile

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:42 pm
Why my husband thinks I have to much shoes

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:45 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
No I clean after I use the chicken and then clean AGAIN at night.

No need to try to make issues where there are none. Stay concerned for yourself Smile

You asked what’s with the chicken people wondering

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
You asked what’s with the chicken people wondering

Was just asking for the logic behind it. Maybe I would learn something new. I don't blame anyone for doing it, and I'm not asking them to stop. To me that means I'm not concerned with what they are doing in their home.

You took it a step further Smile

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:53 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Why my husband thinks I have to much shoes

Why DO women need so many pairs of shoes?!

(and no, I'm not your husband! LOL ) I have 2 pairs of shabbos, 2 of weekday, and I dont buy new every season.

amother
Eggplant

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

(and no, I'm not your husband! LOL ) I have 2 pairs of shabbos, 2 of weekday, and I dont buy new every season.

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:00 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Was just asking for the logic behind it. Maybe I would learn something new. I don't blame anyone for doing it, and I'm not asking them to stop. To me that means I'm not concerned with what they are doing in their home.

You took it a step further Smile

I was just answering the questions you asked on the thought process.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:24 pm
Sigh…

Another potentially fun/interesting thread reduced to ‘chicken and shoes’.

Alas…

Now, if we were discussing “chicken shoes” then it would fit the OP’s post as ‘Something I’ll Never Understand’. And if your chicken does wears shoes, then should one, or should one not, put them on the counter...?

So I guess my post in answer to ‘Something I’ll Never Understand’ is, once your not understanding of an issue feels warranted of a discussion: why not create a spin off and let the original intended enjoyment continue here?

To the issue at hand: presumedly all those in favor of covering vs not covering counters when using raw chicken/meat AND those in favor of shoes on vs. off in the house are BOTH alive and well as they are posting on this thread. So…

In conclusion… both ways seem to work just fine and produce equally healthy people, couples, families…
Solved it!

Imamother is awesome.

Now onto World Peace…

But I digress. Please continue…

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:27 pm
amother Eggplant wrote:
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

Shocking, no?

When my son was getting married, we went to bring his stuff to his apartment a few days before the wedding (the kalla had already brought her stuff). He peeked into the closet and quipped "what, she's opening a shoe store?!" I warned him "dont you ever make such a joke to a woman!" LOL

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:50 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:

Dd came to my room this morning to check if she could find a pair of shoes to wear from my closet. She looked in and then asked me very seriously how do you live with so few shoes????? My answer was quite finely bh What

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:54 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
From my perspective: because sometimes this is something we are expected to do as guests in the house. And we don't have house shoes there, and don't have feet that can just borrow a pair. And don't have feet that can go without shoes. So you end up awkward and apologizing while they say, "So for you it's fine", and you get nervous about what you might be trekking in, and then the six year old comes in and says, "She's wearing shoes! Why can't I? It's the same dirt."

Logistics question: when you do this, if a kid comes running in from the backyard and really needs the bathroom, do they have to stop and take off their sneakers first? What about their friends, who might be wearing tie shoes? Genuinely figuring it out. I have a kid who is into this and doesn't like to wear outside shoes in the house and especially their room. And this kid will ask other people to get things for them from their room that they forgot when they're already in the car to go to school, because they don't want to have to take off and put back on shoes.

My kids remove the shoes outside my door. I have a shoe rack where we keep all the school shoes. No shoes need to get searched for during the morning rush.
I also have two sets of Floafers. One for the house and one they wear when they run out to play so when they want to come in for a Quick drink or the bathroom it is easy to kick off. I usually buy the Floafers during the company sale and can get two for the price of one.
I just want to reiterate that since I teach it to them from when they get their first pair of shoes, it is not a nuisance for them. The same way they remove and hang up their coats, stow their bags, the shoes gets removed. And yes they definitely last longer this way.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics