Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Cheap floor for bedrooms- what to get

lucky14

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:05 pm
Due to allergies we need to get rid or the carpeting. We have a zero budget but for health reasons need to do this.
What flooring can we get that will be budget friendly?
Anyone familiar with the cheaper floor options? Anything DIY (so we can cut cost on someone to install)?
How do the cheaper options hold up over time?

frumPA

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:14 pm
Vinyl flooring. Can look at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

otstud

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:15 pm
We put laminate wood look flooring, it’s 79 cents/square foot at the cheapest end and holds up well as long as there isn’t exposure to water that just sits on it.

lucky14

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:30 pm
otstud wrote:
We put laminate wood look flooring, it’s 79 cents/square foot at the cheapest end and holds up well as long as there isn’t exposure to water that just sits on it.

Would a cool-mist humidifier be an issue? We run one when the kids have colds and during the winter when it’s especially dry from the heater.
What about kids when they come out of the bath and walk around? Do you need to make sure to dry off the floors after that or are you taking about more water than that?

lucky14

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:27 am
Bumping. Anyone have DIY vinyl flooring and how did it hold up after a few years?

teachkids

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 8:38 am
lucky14 wrote:
Would a cool-mist humidifier be an issue? We run one when the kids have colds and during the winter when it’s especially dry from the heater.
What about kids when they come out of the bath and walk around? Do you need to make sure to dry off the floors after that or are you taking about more water than that?

I don't know vinyl, but we have wood floors and put a towel under the humidifier so it doesn't wreck the floors

Grateful2bhere

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:21 am
In somewhat similar situation, Laminate & vinyl are what seems to be the trend. I haven't seen for as low as 79 cents per sf as someone wrote, I hope I can find it so low.

Both are apparently sturdy & long lasting, while laminate is a combo of natural & synthetic material, vinyl is just synthetic & I think is chosen esp for let's say kitchens, laundry rooms, & patios.

But they're very similar in look, so I don't see why vinyl can't be in any room for a little extra waterproofing protection.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars