Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Has your child ever experienced a negative reaction
1  2  Next

Have you or your child ever experienced a bad side effect from a vaccine?
Yes  
 41%  [ 31 ]
No  
 53%  [ 40 ]
I’m not sure, but it’s possible  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 75

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 24 2024, 11:55 pm
To any vaccine ever given?
Which one?
Did it ever take you a while to put two and two together if it didn’t happen right away?
If yes, did you find that your doctor ignored that possibility that it could have been from one of their shots?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 12:09 am
Yes.
The first 2 times, I didn't put it together.
Then I started seeing a pattern. She's regress just a bit every time. Same with laughing gas, every time she was exposed to mold....
Then got seriously sick.
Eventually diagnosed with PANS.
Later we found out she has C677T homozygous MTHFR. And very high Homocysteine levels.
She's bh recovered now but has an ABI. And has moderate to severe adhd and taurettes. And is on meds. Probably for life.
Before and after every vaccine, I now boost her immune system and help her body dotox to try to avoid any issues. Her last shots have not affected her bh!

My other kids I've always seen their immune systems take a nose dive after every vaccine. I actually used to think it was normal. I was the same as a kid. (Althoigh we got a LOT less vaccines) but nothing like this one kid.
Bh were all here and good.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:03 am
Diarrhea from rotavirus and fussiness… Dr agreed

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 2:37 am
My kid with an egg allergy had an ezcema breakout the first few times she got a flu shot till we found out she was allergic to eggs. She now gets the egg free shot or a dose of Benadryl at the same time and problem solved

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 3:05 am
I can’t remember which vaccine she got , but my daughter had an egg and milk allergy. After she got the vaccine she broke out in hives all over her body. She was also hysterical for days.
Months later I found out that that specific vaccine had I think it was eggs.
It’s been so long.
( I was able to put the pieces together because they were both noted in a journal I kept for her)

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 5:37 am
DS had a history of very frequent ear infections that always went away with alternative treatment after antibiotics stopped helping. He hadn't had one for a year then he got the MMR and got a massive double ear infection exactly when you get side effects of the MMR ( week or 10 days later, don't remember) that wouldn't go away until we resorted to antibiotics. He was extremely sick.
He never got another ear infection again. Never got another vaccine again either except tetanus many years later.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 5:44 am
Two of my children were covered head to toe with a measles-looking rash and had fever and irritability a week after getting their MMR shots. Only afterwards did doc admit it's a known side effect. I dunno, in my opinion it wasn't much better than getting actual measles. Doc also refused to submit vaers report.

lakewood mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:28 am
amother Steel wrote:
Two of my children were covered head to toe with a measles-looking rash and had fever and irritability a week after getting their MMR shots. Only afterwards did doc admit it's a known side effect. I dunno, in my opinion it wasn't much better than getting actual measles. Doc also refused to submit vaers report.

Shame on the Dr!!!!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:33 am
There was a certain one that causes fever, and child not to feel well. The site of the vaccine got hard and red for a few days.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:38 am
I don't consider redness and inflammation at the vaccine site to be a bad reaction. It's very common and has no correlation with other side effects of vaccines.

I did have one baby who had high pitched screaming for a couple of hours straight at four months from a combination vaccine. My pediatrician agreed that we should definitely hold off on the next dose until I felt ready. She was fine when we did it. With future kids I didn't give that particular combination. No lasting effects beyond that.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:39 am
after each dtap, child had social regression...asd dx at age 2.5, dr went back in records and saw after each shot within 48 hours I brought my child back in for this concern. dr and nuerologist both agreed that the correlation was too large to ignore and I should stop vaccinating this child.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:42 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
after each tdap, child had social regression...asd dx at age 2.5, dr went back in records and saw after each shot within 48 hours I brought my child back in for this concern. dr and nuerologist both agreed that the correlation was too large to ignore and I should stop vaccinating this child.

Do you mean dtap?

lakewood mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:57 am
amother Steel wrote:

FYI- you’re able to make a vaers report yourself. You don’t have to be a Dr.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:58 am
lakewood mom wrote:
FYI- you’re able to make a vaers report yourself. You don’t have to be a Dr.
Yep. I didn't know that the first time around, but did for the 2nd.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:11 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
Do you mean dtap?

yes edited

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:19 am
amother Steel wrote:

Same. Was horrible. I never believed all the negative reactions to vaccines till I experienced this

amother
Almond

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:42 am
My child started screaming in the carriage on the walk back from Drs office, when we got home I saw a big bulge by the injection site and hives all over the arm. Dr said yeah it's fine, don't bring him back, no problem, future shots? No problem....

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:50 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
I don't consider redness and inflammation at the vaccine site to be a bad reaction. It's very common and has no correlation with other side effects of vaccines.

I did have one baby who had high pitched screaming for a couple of hours straight at four months from a combination vaccine. My pediatrician agreed that we should definitely hold off on the next dose until I felt ready. She was fine when we did it. With future kids I didn't give that particular combination. No lasting effects beyond that.

That's frightening!

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:51 am
amother Molasses wrote:
That's frightening!

Yes, it really was. Luckily my doctor validated and supported my concerns. A later pediatrician looked at me doubtfully and said, well, babies cry.... Ugh, I lost all respect for her.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:56 am
My baby screamed for the next month after her shot first shot. Haven’t given her since. It’s a year later and doctor is asking when. Baby has another issue we are trying to figure out and resolve unrelated. I told the doctor once the baby’s issue is resolved we’ll give one at a time spaced apart and watch for any reactions.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics