Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Allergies and childhood vaccines
1  2  Next

I have an allergy
I’ve never been vaccinated  
 11%  [ 3 ]
I’ve had all my vaccinations  
 30%  [ 8 ]
One thing has nothing to do with the other - please elaborate  
 57%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 26

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:16 am
Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I just chose allergies - mods, feel free to switch if need be.

If you have an allergy to something - whether food or other, is it possible to originate from a vaccine?

My husband after his covid shot magically developed an allergy to eggplant, soy sauce and tahini. Was on one of the strongest medications for seasonal allergies as well - all following his one dose and nothing helped.

It got me thinking about other allergies, like peanut specifically as I have a sibling who is highly allergic and am wondering - is it possible it can be linked to a childhood vaccine?

If you’ve never vaccinated your child or were never vaccinated yourself, (any vaccine) but have allergies, I’d be curious to hear. Just trying to figure this out.
Thanks.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:25 am
I have an anti vax cousin with kids with allergies. I developed majority of my allergies in those teenage years there are no shots. It is true that stress on the body can trigger allergies- that could be stress from a bad reaction to a vaccine or stress from living through a pandemic. A million things can trigger allergies- there's a lot we still don't understand about them

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:29 am
I’m not an anti vaxxer.
I did my regular scheduled vaccines and for my kids.
The only child I took a vaccine in pregnancy for is the one that has multiple life threatening allergies.
Just stating facts could be totally unrelated.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:36 am
My neighbors oldest was allergic, she blamed on vaccines...didn't vaccinate next 2, yet they r also allergic!!!
Sounds more hereditary than from vaccines.

essie14

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 6:54 am
My entire family (siblings, nieces, nephews , etc) are all vaccinated for everything and none of us have any major allergies. I have a son allergic to dust and cats which I really don't think is related. I can name 75 people I know who are fully vaccinated and have no allergies.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 7:47 am
There's literature on this. Look up th1 vs th2 immune response and how vaccines skew that.

Vaccines are designed to hyper stimulate the immune system. Allergies are a hyper sensitive immune response.

Vaccines contain adjuvants (aluminum) plus sometimes food antigens in addition to the pathogenic antigen. When scientists want to create a mouse model of allergies they inject them with aluminum + that food antigen. So yes, it definitely a thing.

That being said, not ALL allergies are caused by Vaccines. There are other causes as well.

puzzle

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:14 am
This poll won't work for what you're trying to show because many more people in general are fully vaccinated than never vaccinated. That means you'll get more responses for fully vaccinated but it doesn't prove anything.

You're trying to see if there's a correlation between allergies and vaccines so it should be something like this:
I'm fully vaccinated and have allergies
I'm fully vaccinated and don't have allergies
I'm not vaccinated and have allergies
I'm not vaccinated and don't have allergies

It would be even better if you added options for partially vaccinated because it's probably very rare for someone to have never received any vaccinations.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:15 am
Some of my kids had symptoms of food allergies before they were vaccinated.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 9:25 am
No idea if there is any connection but this is the reason why I don't give the Hep b vaccine in the hospital. I think their immune system is still immature and I'm worried about causing allergies and they really don't need Hep B at that age. My oldest two have allergies so by my third I started delaying Hep B.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:00 am
I have allergies and have been fully vaccinated, however I started having allergies before I got any vaccines.

My kids have been fully vaccinated according to their age (oldest is 11) and b'H have no allergies (one is mildly allergic to some kind of soap, but that's it).

I do have an allergy to a vaccine (tetanus), but that only appeared as an adult when I moved countries and they give a different vaccine here than what I received as a child/young adult (I had no reactions to the tetanus vaccines there). So it is from an additive or other ingredient in this specific vaccine.

I don't think it is correlated, they are different types of immune reactions.

People can develop allergies out of the blue as adults, or have allergies disappear, there are some ages that are more common, as our immune system undergoes changes at various points in life. How old was your husband when he developed allergies?

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:05 am
Israelis have fewer peanut allergies than Americans, and it's been hypothesized that it's because Israeli babies are given peanut-based Bamba.

IMO a lot of allergies are caused by babies and young children kept in excessively hygienic conditions, and not enough playing in the dirt/being licked by the dog/eating off the floor.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:18 am
amother Pear wrote:

People can develop allergies out of the blue as adults, or have allergies disappear, there are some ages that are more common, as our immune system undergoes changes at various points in life. How old was your husband when he developed allergies?

He developed it within a week or two after his Covid shot along with other side effects, but this was a strange one that we didn’t realize right away if it could be linked to it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:19 am
amother Honey wrote:
Israelis have fewer peanut allergies than Americans, and it's been hypothesized that it's because Israeli babies are given peanut-based Bamba.

IMO a lot of allergies are caused by babies and young children kept in excessively hygienic conditions, and not enough playing in the dirt/being licked by the dog/eating off the floor.

Then how does this explain babies who are breastfed and only within the first few weeks of their life getting allergies through their mothers milk to peanuts or dairy or other things?

bnm

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:20 am
I wish there was such a simple link. There are many causes of allergies. One of them is definitely a genetic link. We don't have all the answers yet. Signed, from a family of 3 generations of allergies. One of my kids showed symptoms on day 1.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:35 am
amother OP wrote:
Then how does this explain babies who are breastfed and only within the first few weeks of their life getting allergies through their mothers milk to peanuts or dairy or other things?

It doesn't. There are many contributing factors to allergies.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 10:54 am
amother OP wrote:
He developed it within a week or two after his Covid shot along with other side effects, but this was a strange one that we didn’t realize right away if it could be linked to it.

How interesting. I haven't heard of anyone else with this or seen any research on the matter, but I don't know everything LOL

I had something the opposite. My autoimmune disorder disappeared within a few weeks (the period when immunity happens) after receiving the covid vaccine. Who knows if it is related, but the autoimmune condition has been completely gone ever since.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:14 am
Whenever I have been under major life stress I"ve developed a new allergy. Without fail. Nothing to do with vaccines, totally stress connected. I now have a bunch of allergies, I can trace each one back to a particularly stressful period and something I was exposed to then.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:20 am
amother Pear wrote:
How interesting. I haven't heard of anyone else with this or seen any research on the matter, but I don't know everything LOL

I had something the opposite. My autoimmune disorder disappeared within a few weeks (the period when immunity happens) after receiving the covid vaccine. Who knows if it is related, but the autoimmune condition has been completely gone ever since.

Wow so interesting. We have lots of auto immune in the family. Curious which auto immune it helped with for you?

mommy1000

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:43 am
I am convinced my ds allergies stemmed from vaccines.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:52 am
I think they can be a trigger, but not the only factor. My non-vaccinated baby had food allergies. Once I removed those foods, his eczema cleared 100%. However, once I started catching him up at age 5 for school, he developed more allergies and eczema.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics