Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
How many pairs of earrings do you have?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:09 am
1. How many sets of earrings do you own?
2. Do you wear only real jewelry (silver, gold) or do you wear costume jewelry also?
3. How often do you feel the need to replace your jewelry?
4. Do you have any jewelry that is sitting in your closet that you're embarrassed to wear because it's outdated or some other reason?
5. If you had an extra $500 what type of jewelry would you buy?
6. Do you feel bad about not being able to afford to buy more jewelry?

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:25 am
I do not own any real earrings. Every one of them is costume and fake. I like fun, colorful earrings. My husband also enjoy shopping for fun jewelry. So I probably have 50 or 60 pairs and I’m always buy new ones. The only real jewelry that I have is my engagement ring which I just had redone. Thank God we could afford to buy me lots of real jewelry but it’s just not really my thing. I’m not so good with putting everything away in the perfect spot, and I tend to just put it on the counter at night and if I had real jewelry, I think I would be stressed about always having to put it away carefully so it doesn’t get stolen. and I happen to like my look. I would like to get a new ring not engagement ring, but I don’t wear my wedding ring because it’s gold and doesn’t match my new setting for my engagement ring. So I hope in the next year I will get that. $500 it’s not really so much so I probably will just spend it on costume stuff. I really like her phone jewelry adds to my order.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:28 am
amother OP wrote:
2. Do you wear only real jewelry (silver, gold) or do you wear costume jewelry also?
4. Do you have any jewelry that is sitting in your closet that you're embarrassed to wear because it's outdated or some other reason?

1. 4 but only ever wear 2 and one need back which I don’t have so I wear the same pair every single day
2. Costume
3. Whenever I lose one and I’m down to none
4. Yes. Not embarrassed though. I just don’t like it. Of my 4 pairs 2 are real. One was given to me by DH for my birthday about 2 weeks after we got married. Never liked it. The other is a pair of small diamond studs. I don’t love studs on me and I would be afraid to lose one so don’t wear it.
5. No idea even. I never bought myself jewelry that part of me has no idea where to even start.
6. Yea of course what woman doesn’t want jewelry. But I’m working on being happy with what I have

Ruchi

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:35 am
4 pairs

ray family

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:44 am
I have a few pairs. But wear the same pair of studs every day.
I can only wear real
The only time I change them is for a simcha or something.
I don’t feel embarrassed by what I have bec they’re all classic and timeless.
I wouldn’t feel the need to buy new jewelry just because I had some extra money. Unless I had a simcha and needed something new to match what I was wearing.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:49 am
About 2 dozen
Both
I don't replace it. I repair it if broken.
No, I only buy things I like, so for me it's always in style.
For one item? Maybe simple diamond stud earrings.
No. Because I wear costume jewelry, I can usually afford to if I want to. But I don't buy it often.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:50 am
Probably about 100, not joking. All costume jewelry, a lot of it from Shein, from before the war, the rest from Amazon or cheap street shops. All kinds of shapes and sizes, golden, silver and colorful ones.
I'm a bit of a collector, or maybe one should call it hoarder type.

I've got some real gold ones somewhere which I got as a graduation gift, but I don't wear them. Had a pair of tiny diamond studs my mother gave me, but I lost one Crying

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 1:52 am
Not even 1,
I don't have pierced ears

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 2:20 am
amother OP wrote:

1. Probably around 20 pairs.
2. Only gold, everything else (including gold plated, silver, nickel free, and surgical steel) irritate my skin
3. I get new jewelry a couple times a year. Not super expensive pieces. (Not saying it's cheap...but 1200 range not 10k)
4. I'm married almost 20 years, and yes, I do have jewelry from the earlier years that's in perfect condition but looks very dated. (For example, the heavy gold necklaces with an X and heart pattern.)
5. I would love, love, love to buy an Israel necklace (I've been seeing it all around...outline if the shape of the land with magen dovid inside)
6. Meh. BH I'm happy with what I have, but I have no problem admitting jewelry is my soft spot and I wish I could afford more.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 2:24 am
amother Calendula wrote:
I do not own any real earrings. Every one of them is costume and fake. I like fun, colorful earrings. My husband also enjoy shopping for fun jewelry. So I probably have 50 or 60 pairs and I’m always buy new ones. The only real jewelry that I have is my engagement ring which I just had redone. Thank God we could afford to buy me lots of real jewelry but it’s just not really my thing. I’m not so good with putting everything away in the perfect spot, and I tend to just put it on the counter at night and if I had real jewelry, I think I would be stressed about always having to put it away carefully so it doesn’t get stolen. and I happen to like my look. I would like to get a new ring not engagement ring, but I don’t wear my wedding ring because it’s gold and doesn’t match my new setting for my engagement ring. So I hope in the next year I will get that. $500 it’s not really so much so I probably will just spend it on costume stuff. I really like her phone jewelry adds to my order.

Can you please share where you buy? I love costume jewelry but can’t find enough

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:35 am
amother OP wrote:

1. Like 15

2 are real gold, a bunch are silver, a few gold plated and some are costume.
2. Both
3. Don't replace, I buy new.
4. Nope. Just one thing dh bought me I don't like.
5. I want so much stuff, I wouldn't know where to start. I haven't gotten real jewlery since I got married since dh is still in college and money is tight...
6. Yes. I love jewlery and really want more.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 4:24 am
I have over 20 pairs some real some not, I wear a different pair each day to match my outfit. I love accessories. I don't replace I add when I find something I like and have the extra money to buy it. I have some heirloom pieces I don't wear and plan on selling one day to make my kids weddings. I don't feel bad about not being able to afford as I don't always wear real and I design my own costume jewelry I wear some pieces and sell some pieces. It's a hobby I have been doing for a really long time.

Golde

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 5:25 am
I don't know, maybe 10-15? Some of them are bas mitzva gifts. I don't wear them though, I had my ears pierced as a girl but the holes have grown in now.
Both.
I've never felt a need to replace anything. I have on occasions come over a piece of jewelry that I really liked or wanted to buy to go with a certain outfit for a simcha. This happens maybe once a decade or so.
4. Do you have any jewelry that is sitting in your closet that you're embarrassed to wear because it's outdated or some other reason? No, not that I'm embarrased to wear, but I do have quite a lot of jewelry that I don't wear. The earrings for instance.
I certainly woudn't spend it on jewelry if I had an extra $500.
Not at all, I feel proud to be living a simple life where these symbols don't matter.

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:25 pm
Over 100 pairs at least. Probably closer to 150/200. I collect fun and funky earrings. People who know me will see a pair of cute or interesting orcerird earrings and buy them for me. I may have 1 or 2 pair that are real, but I prefer my crazy ones.
If I had $500, I'd probably buy 50-100 more pairs. I never spend a lot on them.
I never replace, I just add to my collection.

And I am really not interested in other jewelry. I have a few bracelets and necklaces. Nothing real.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:31 pm
4 only wear one

I can only wear 18k and up

Don't feel a need. I wear diamond studs almost everyday its classy and timeless.

4. Do you have any jewelry that is sitting in your closet that you're embarrassed to wear because it's outdated or some other reason? Not really, I buy forever pieces

Whatever I'm in the need for.

No

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 3:34 pm
I have 2 real pairs, one for shabbos, one every day.
I have a bunch of costume earrings that I loved before I got my real weekday ones but since I got real 2 years ago, I never wear the fakes. it just doesnt call to me.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 4:00 pm
2. beautiful diamond ones from when I was engaged and nice weekday hoops, white gold and small stones, after my first baby. (Push present or IVF baby present)
I also own a pair of pearls that I wore as a teen. I wear them yk when we don't wear gold.

kenz

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 4:51 pm
All of you with jewelry you feel is outdated who would love something new, sell the old stuff and buy something new! I did it a couple of times and I love getting something new and not spending anything on it other than what I received for the old stuff. Unless it’s something really sentimental, why keep it if you never wear it?

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 5:42 pm

Maybe 20 real pairs and another 20 costume. But I still wear earings I got when I was a child (real, not costume). They're beautiful, and I still love the way they look.

I wear real and costume. Mostly real, but some costume. We had jewelers in the family so costume jewelry was frowned upon. I felt like such a rebel when I wore costume jewelry as a teen.

I don't really replace. I just add occasionally. But it's really not so often that I buy jewelry. I don't really get tired of what I have.

I do have some jewelry that was gifted to me and is not my taste so it doesn't get worn. Outdated doesn't bother me. I don't buy/wear based on fads, I wear what I like. I wouldn't even know if a style of jewelry is in our out of style.

Earings. I love them!

I buy much less jewelry than I can afford.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 5:49 pm
Zero I’m poor
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics