Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Non disposable toilet wand question- tmi

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:34 pm
Warning this is kind of gross.

But, if you have kind of toilet brush that you don’t throw out what do you do when there is feces stuck to the bowl?
If you use the brush it gets all over the brush.

How do you clean that?

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:36 pm
My housekeeper does my toilets, but she actually keeps the brushes in a Clorox solution all the time

dena613

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:38 pm
Bleach

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:40 pm
dena613 wrote:
Bleach

I don’t like bleach because it ruins clothes I am scared to have in my house

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:40 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
My housekeeper does my toilets, but she actually keeps the brushes in a Clorox solution all the time

What does this mean?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:52 pm
I don't use the brush for that. I don heavy utility gloves and a disgusted face, and use toilet paper to wipe away the residoodoo.
Come to think of it, I almost never use a brush. I use gloves and a scrubby sponge. The only reason I keep a brush is for the use of any guests who might find themselves in an embarrassing situation. They don't know where I keep the utility gloves.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:52 pm
I would first wipe that off with a tissue or paper towels, I only use the brush when there is nothing visible on the surface. Then I rinse it well while the toilet is flushing.

zaq

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 7:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
What does this mean?

Clorox is chlorine bleach, a common chemical used for disinfecting.
You should advise your cleaner that chlorine bleach, if diluted, breaks down after 24 hours and is no longer effective as a disinfectant. So soaking your brushes for a day is fine (unnecessary, though, because the germs are killed within 10-60 minutes), but the solution is useless after that.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:00 pm
After you clean the bowl, you pour whatever disinfect you want on your brush in the clean toilet

bsy

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:14 pm
This is why I have a disposable toilet wand

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:18 pm
zaq wrote:
Clorox is chlorine bleach, a common chemical used for disinfecting.
You should advise your cleaner that chlorine bleach, if diluted, breaks down after 24 hours and is no longer effective as a disinfectant. So soaking your brushes for a day is fine (unnecessary, though, because the germs are killed within 10-60 minutes), but the solution is useless after that.

Thanks I know what Clorox is I more meant where does she keep it?

What makes you think I have a cleaner?? I mean I do, but it’s me. And I’m just trying to keep up. Sad

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
After you clean the bowl, you pour whatever disinfect you want on your brush in the clean toilet

But pieces get stuck and don’t clean off the brush if there was stuff on the toilet before

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:19 pm
bsy wrote:
This is why I have a disposable toilet wand

What did people do in the days before disposable?

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:23 pm
I actually researched this a couple of years back.... whatever you are using to clean the toilet, use that to clean the toilet wand BEFORE YOU PUT IT BACK TO ITS STAND and after you clean the toilet. I sometimes clean it twice. This has saved me from having to clean the stand where it is put....and this way, the brush is always clean. To dry the brush, after I clean it with the clean toilet water and the disinfectant, I put it between the seat and the part underneath the seat to dry.

Works every time!!!

amother
Apple

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 8:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
But pieces get stuck and don’t clean off the brush if there was stuff on the toilet before

Do it two or three times if need be...with the cleaner you are using....after you clean the toilet. It should work
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry