Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I'm short $1500, any ideas? UPDATE AT END OF THREAD
1  2  3  4  Next

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 8:53 am
Posting this in sheitels because this is about a sheitel! I thought all night about posting this and I decided to go for it.

About a year and a half ago I posted about my change from 10 years in tichels back to sheitels and the lack of extra cash to get something to wear. BH I was able to buy a cheap fall which I wear a lot, but it's so painful and I can't wear it every day. Someone else told me about a gemach who was able to send me a beautiful sheitel for free, which is so nice, but it's a "Frankenwig", meaning a lot of work and cutting of the cap, etc. was done to it before it became mine, and the hair line sits so far above my own, people stare at me in public and I've been asked why I don't have a wig that fits. I took it to be fixed and this is the best the pro can do. It's fine, but it's super uncomfortable physically and emotionally to wear.

SO. Now it's been about 1.5 years back in sheitels and I'm so glad I made the change! Many of you gave me chizzuk and it really helped me so much. I feel so much better about myself now! I am at work now in my 11 year old sheitel and even this feels better than what I was doing before.

I found a sheitel that will meet my needs, and I have $500 saved up for it (thank you SO MUCH to the amother who posted on here about online surveys, I made it all from there!).

My actual question, and I am posting this under my screenname to give this post authenticity. Does anyone have any leads for a remote data entry job that can be done in the evening? I have a full time job and a part time job, and I just need something to make a "quick" $1500. The surveys earn about $150 a month which is AMAZING and a total gift from HKBH, and I know I can keep plugging away at it and I will. BUT if someone had a lead to a temp job to earn the rest of the money I need in the next few weeks, I would really appreciate any and all leads and ideas!

Last edited by watergirl on Fri, Mar 01 2024, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:19 am
Maybe you can offer a service to do something for purim.
Prep MM
Cook foods

( I would like to know about the surveys thing. I can use quick cash too)

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:25 am
A full time job AND a part time job and a part time work too? How many hours do you make each week?

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:30 am
I have no leads but if you send me your PayPal I can send something towards this mitzvah.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:31 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Maybe you can offer a service to do something for purim.
Prep MM
Cook foods

( I would like to know about the surveys thing. I can use quick cash too)

Great suggestion! But where I live, MM are all super simple and this is not a service that would be useful here - think: bag of chips and wafer.

(Survey site is cloudresearch)

Last edited by watergirl on Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:31 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
A full time job AND a part time job and a part time work too? How many hours do you make each week?

40 at my main job, PT job is about 10 hours a week, sometimes less.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:32 am
lamplighter wrote:
I have no leads but if you send me your PayPal I can send something towards this mitzvah.

Thank you so much, please instead daven for me to get parnassa for this. I can pm you my name if you are willing.

SweetAngel

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:35 am
Someone once posted about remote positions training ai maybe u can look into that?
Can you tell me abt the survey thing?

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:41 am
What color are you? I have a 4 year old lace top that I don’t wear anymore. It’s not perfect but it’s not bad

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:42 am
SweetAngel wrote:
Someone once posted about remote positions training ai maybe u can look into that?

Data annotations.

Hard to get accepted though

Watergirl, it would be my honor to contribute to the cost of your wig.

I haven't done it on this site, but I woudl definitely send to you.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:43 am
watergirl wrote:
Thank you so much, please instead daven for me to get parnassa for this. I can pm you my name if you are willing.

Definitely!

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:45 am
SweetAngel wrote:

Interesting, AI training! I will google that! (ETA - you need certifications apparently, or experience in specific fields, which I don't have sadly!)

Surveys - cloudresearch.

Last edited by watergirl on Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:46 am
Consider a synthetic fiber wig?

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:47 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Data annotations.

Hard to get accepted though

Watergirl, it would be my honor to contribute to the cost of your wig.

I haven't done it on this site, but I woudl definitely send to you.

Thank you, I don't feel good taking donations, but welcome davening!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:57 am
https://www.dataannotation.tech/ does not require any certifications. You have to take entry exams to try getting accepted and it’s very hard to pass but I do think it would be up your alley if you got in. Sadly I didn’t get in.

They pay 20+ an hour 1099.

Have you ever tried getting accepted to Prolific? I take surveys on prolific and earn about $200 a month. It’s another good option. I doubt you have time for it though!

amf

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:59 am
Somebody once posted about a platform where you tutor Asian kids in English. No prep or anything required, they provide everything and you just dona zoom session with the kids
Due to the time difference you can do it in the evenings

Anyone remember the name of the platform?

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 9:59 am
amother Ruby wrote:
https://www.dataannotation.tech/ does not require any certifications. You have to take entry exams to try getting accepted and it’s very hard to pass but I do think it would be up your alley if you got in. Sadly I didn’t get in.

They pay 20+ an hour 1099.

Have you ever tried getting accepted to Prolific? I take surveys on prolific and earn about $200 a month. It’s another good option. I doubt you have time for it though!

Thank you, I've been on the waiting list for prolific for a few months now.

I'll look into the site you posted!

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:00 am
amf wrote:
Somebody once posted about a platform where you tutor Asian kids in English. No prep or anything required, they provide everything and you just dona zoom session with the kids
Due to the time difference you can do it in the evenings

Anyone remember the name of the platform?

It's VIPKid.com, which I looked into but the hours I can do don't work for them from the last time I looked.
(ETA - I looked on there again and created a profile because it seems you can create your own hours now since the last time I looked. We'll see where this goes, but it's still $7/lesson and it's not enough for my need at this time, but I'll give it a go!)

Keep the ideas coming please!

Last edited by watergirl on Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:03 am
There are wattsapp groups selling second hand wigs in excellent condition

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:14 am
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Consider a synthetic fiber wig?

Welcome back in all aspects dolly!!

Look at these 2 fb groups

Wigs you wish you had but can't afford (average price 800, some less some more, for new wigs)

Sheitels marketplace (secondhand)
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels