Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Serving marror for a crowd, ideas needed

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:41 am
What is a good way to do marror for a crowd? Usually we wait as dh puts horseradish inside each romaine leaf & dips etc, also by hand.

So any nice, clean, efficient, pretty way to do this for a crowd?

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:56 am
amother OP wrote:
What is a good way to do marror for a crowd? Usually we wait as dh puts horseradish inside each romaine leaf & dips etc, also by hand.

So any nice, clean, efficient, pretty way to do this for a crowd?

2 large bowls of Marror for each side of the table.
(If there is more than one table - 2 bowls per table)
1 small bowl of marror per large bowl.

Dh can serve you and your immediate family, and the guests can do their own.
(Or the father of each family, or designate one neat person at that side of the table..)
If the guests are your older married couples- have dh do for the younger kids, and designate one of the married children on the other side of the tabel to do that side..)

Keeps it neat and pretty and time conscious so that one person isn't preparing 12 peoples Marror one by one.

We use Glass bowls and it's beautiful for the seder.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:06 am
Um its not even rosh chodesh adar yet..

Elfrida

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:07 am
Measure out the shiurim in advance, and have them ready on a small disposable plate. Pass the plates round, and have two or three bowls of horseradish that everyone can add according to taste. The same with charoset.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:24 am
My father gives his children/Mom. The married guys are in charge of their spouse/children.

Glass or disposable mini bowls for the ground marror and charoses. If you have a lot of ppl, make 2 so things take faster.

Have a lot of napkins around. Each lettuce portion is put on a napkin and passed down that way.
Korach also on a napkin. It makes a mess usually.

They sell mini disposable bowl that are great for karpas and eggs at start of the meal.
Like this https://www.einhornsonline.com.....37575

Also great to have on hand for compote.

They make a larger size that is great for salads/dips like chrien, cucumber, carrot etc.
https://www.einhornsonline.com.....98342

Also a good idea to measure out motzei/matzo into bags erev yt. It saves so much time if you have a crowd.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:58 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:
Um its not even rosh chodesh adar yet..

I hate to break it to you but Rosh Chodesh Adar aleph has long gone.....

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:01 pm
amother Aster wrote:
I hate to break it to you but Rosh Chodesh Adar aleph has long gone.....

Rosh chodesh adar bais.... then purim... then rosh chodesh Nissan.. And only then is pesach.
Trying to understand how people are planning pesach when were still only thinking about purim

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:04 pm
Rosh chodesh adar bais.... then purim... then rosh chodesh Nissan.. And only then is pesach.
Trying to understand how people are planning pesach when were still only thinking about purim

Maybe they can think about two things at once? Maybe their MM and costumes are done?
On a different note, I started Pesach cleaning and Purim prep still hasn't started.

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:07 pm
Last year we had close to 20 people so dh prepared shiurim on advance. He put each amount for matzah and marror in a zip lock bag and labeled with a permanent marker if it was matzah shiur, marror or koreich shiur. Saved a lot of time. We are never so organized and I doubt that will happen again but I enjoyed it last year!

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:10 pm
amother Aster wrote:
Maybe they can think about two things at once? Maybe their MM and costumes are done?
On a different note, I started Pesach cleaning and Purim prep still hasn't started.

I guess some people are super super organized. Way out of my league

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:15 pm

I used to have a list in my wallet year around with items I needed to buy for Pesach. If I saw a good sale I bought even if it was in the middle of the summer.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:18 pm
I guess some people are super super organized. Way out of my league

Some people cope better if they know and plan things in advance.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:24 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Some people cope better if they know and plan things in advance.

Yeah and between me and you, Pesach takes a lot more out of me the Purim does so it makes sense to think about it and plan for it longer then I think about or plan for Purim.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 3:54 pm
Thanks for all the ideas. I am trying to be very organized this year, its not my strong suit. But tbf, purim is basically planned enough.

Last year we did ziplocs with pre-weighed matzoh and that was amazing. Also got those little bowls for karpas, brilliant idea.

I just want to have a way to make marror streamlined so will try some of the ideas here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics