Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise Routine

amother

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 2:02 am
just this week, I decided that I wanted to try to lose my post pregnancy pounds, and decided on a whole food and exercise plan (which I have started to implement, BH) when two things happened:

1. it snowed, so I cant push my baby in the stroller.
2. I found out that I am bh bh bh expecting (im pretty sure will iyh go to doctor to confirm)

how should I go about exercising now that the weather is no good and I am pregnant. any advice or ideas???

willow

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 5:36 am
Good for you, Thumbs Up making the commitment to lose weight is hard and so worth it. O.K so your stuck inside never fear you can still get your groove going.
1- put on that music and dance. Music You can dance with your baby or by yourself. Make sure to get your feet off the ground.
2- I do not know if you have a VCR but there are a lot of great workout videos out there.
3- I am sure you have seen excercise magazines or attended classes so now is the time to start doing some strectches and leg lifts.
4- you obviouly have a computer so either download a excercise routine or go to a site that has pictures of excercise moves that you can imitate
5- jumprope. even if you do not have a real one imitate one
Enjoy yourself. You can do it, and all the Hatzlacha in the world.

imanut

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 8:38 am
when I was in the same situation we bought a treadmill. I used it 4 times a week for 30 minutes and gained much less weight the second pregnancy. now I'm using it to try to get rid of the combined weight gain of 2 pregnancies.

elisecohen

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 10:32 am
Do check with your doctor. Generally there is no reason not to begin mild aerobic exercise. There are many tapes out there, as well as using a treadmill, etc, which are safe and healthy. A fit Ima is a happier and healthier Ima.

During my last pregnancy I worked out an hour a day through my ninth month (my tummy sure got in the way of knee lifts by the end though). I was already working out before I got pregnant, but had only been doing so for a few months.

Leslie Sansone tapes are good and safe, and you can do many of them holding a toddler (I know from experience). Or you can go walk around a mall pushing the stroller (many malls have early hours when they open up the hallways before stores are open so exercisers can use the safe, warm facility in relative peace without bumping into shoppers--some malls even have "clubs" with give aways, free water bottles, etc). Libraries in the US generally have prenatal and other exercise tapes you can borrow for free, too.

Rivk

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 10:53 am
I exercised a lot during my second pregnancy. I gained 25 lbs as opposed to 50 lbs shock with my first. I also felt that being in shape really helped during labor and pushing. Don't worry about the snow impeding your ability to get out and go - in a few more months it will be spring!

Frumom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 7:08 pm
I do videos, my baby gets a kick out of watching his mommy punching and kicking!
I'm editing my post because I read it too fast and didnt read the part where you said you're pregnant now.
Maybe try doing stretches and walking indoors, like at a mall or something?

Last edited by Frumom on Mon, Dec 12 2005, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

hardwrknmom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 7:40 pm
good luck with excersising and being preg. bh!
You're going to gain the weight anyway right? Just relax and enjoy Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise