Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Straight out of the shower look
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:24 pm
Rappel wrote:
So you spend thousands of dollars on luxury locks so you can have the most gorgeous hair in the world, and then you goop it up so it looks permanently slimy??? XD

This used to be true.

Spend thousands of dollars on your wig so it should look the most luscious beautiful thick and beautiful hair.

Now its thousands of dollars to look as natural as possible.
Even if its not beautiful.
As Long as it looks exactly like hair.

I always said Id prefer my wig looks "wiggy" but gorgeous and thick, then natural and flatter like hair.

I feel like Im getting influenced by the lace though.
I feel old fashioned in my skin top, and I shouldnt.

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:33 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Wet hair makes men think of you in the shower.

That’s ridiculous. We shouldn’t wear clothes cuz it’ll make men think we’re naked under there Can't Believe It

This is really reaching. lol I bet this was started by a woman. No regular man is that s-x obsessed. Only a woman with low self-esteem and is terrified of her husband cheating on her would come up with the utter rubbish

kugelEater

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:41 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
That’s ridiculous. We shouldn’t wear clothes cuz it’ll make men think we’re naked under there Can't Believe It

This is really reaching. lol I bet this was started by a woman. No regular man is that s-x obsessed. Only a woman with low self-esteem and is terrified of her husband cheating on her would come up with the utter rubbish

That's why I said it's krum, not frum:)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:55 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Wet hair makes men think of you in the shower.

It's not about what men think.
It's about how we portray & represent ourselves.
(Tzenuis is not about men. It's about ourselves.)

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:56 pm
Ogoodness its not about imagining youre in the shower!!

Its about women looking so exposed.
When youre used to a certain look and then you see something much much more natural ,that is not even beautiful but just so so natural looking, it surprises you and makes you look.

If it becomes the norm I presume it wont be so shocking.

But when I saw someone wearing it, for a second I was like embaressed for her because of the men in the room.

I cannot come to terms with people prefer a scraggly natural looking thin wig, than a beautiful wiggy piece

Or not scraggly per se, but so so natural as if it grows out your head.

Barely No one has beautiful luscious hair without doing work to it.

You see these women with beautiful clothes, full face of makeup, heels and an uber flat thin wig...

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:56 pm
kugelEater wrote:
It's krumkeit, not frumkeit. The fear is that men will see your wet hair and imagine you in the shower... Puke
And how would you know this?

I actually think it's a sleazy kind of look, not classy or elegant at all.

pause

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:02 pm
There's a reason perfume and jewelry ads portray models in the rain or shower.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:07 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Can someone educate me as to what's not tznius about wet hair? I haven't come across this sensitivity before.

Many years ago when I was in Seminary in Jerusalem, I was invited to a cousin's house in the neighbourhood for Shabbos, but because it was close by I slept at the dorm. I must have showered late before Shabbos without drying my hair and went to my cousin's with wet hair. My cousin was absolutely shocked and made sure to tell me so. It had never even occurred to me that it would be an issue and I was quite taken aback by the intensity of her reaction. Confused

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:11 pm
Maybe the rest of you are fortunate enough that your hair comes out looking gorgeous after a shower, but my hair comes out looking like a scraggly, frizzy mess. I can guarantee you that the models in these ads have had their hair gelled to look that way - their hair does not naturally look that gorgeous after a shower. And any man that has ever seen his wife after a shower will know that her hair does not come out looking like a model. Probably closer to a wet dog than a model

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:12 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Maybe the rest of you are fortunate enough that your hair comes out looking gorgeous after a shower, but my hair comes out looking like a scraggly, frizzy mess. I can guarantee you that the models in these ads have had their hair gelled to look that way - their hair does not naturally look that gorgeous after a shower. And any man that has ever seen his wife after a shower will know that her hair does not come out looking like a model. Probably closer to a wet dog than a model
This! They puts in lots and lots of effort to make it look like they put no effort in at all.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:15 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
And how would you know this?

I actually think it's a sleazy kind of look, not classy or elegant at all.

So why is it sleazy?

In general, a “I just woke up like this” or “totally had s-x in the limo on the way here” artfully rumpled look is considered s-xy because, even if subconsciously, it feels like you’re getting a more intimate look at someone.

DVOM

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:16 pm
I must see what this 'right out of the shower' look looks like.

Can someone post a picture?

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:22 pm
How do I post a picture?]

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:24 pm
I give up

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't think that it's a classy or refined look.
I think it's considered provocative & seductive in the world.

When I shower at night my hair is still wet in the morning. I've always left the house with wet hair, my hair takes hours to dry.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:

Made me think of this comic 😆

peace2

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:41 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I give up

Click Upload Images under the text box, upload the picture, copy the link and then click post image (next to upload images) and paste the link in. It will embed the picture in your post

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:44 pm

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:45 pm
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong

peace2

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:46 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
[img]C:%5Cfakepath%5CIMG_0871.webp[/img]

You have to convert that into an imgur link. Put that path into the Upload Images box, it will give you a URL. Copy that URL into the Post Image box and it should display the picture
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels