Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Straight out of the shower look
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
But isn't it a weird look for a wig?? Why would someone want to go around looking like they just stepped out of the shower?
I'm thinking if it's even an appropriate/tzenuis look to look like you just stepped out of the shower?

Yes it’s a weird look. Just goes to show that some of the styles that our community adopts based on what the secular world is doing, are ridiculous,

amother
Whitewash

amother Bergamot wrote:
So I asked dh what he thinks about such a wet on purpose style (without showing him the pictures). He said immediately, it'll look as if she just came out of the mikvah!

Cos I wear my wig when I dunk LOL

amother
Alyssum

I had thick super curly hair.

That gelled/moussed look was the only possible way for me to do my hair, short of blowdrying it straight and then recurling it, which took upwards of an hour and a half and did NOT look good anyway since I wasn't that good at it.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:07 pm
peace2 wrote:
Lol yeah also we all know she didn't just step out of the shower so to me her hair looks super greasy (like she hasn't stepped INTO the shower in a few days)

Yes exactly!

Busybee5

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:07 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Hey, so Snape from Harry Potter was actually just ahead of his time with the greasy slimeball look!

LOL

elusivity

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
That’s ridiculous. We shouldn’t wear clothes cuz it’ll make men think we’re naked under there Can't Believe It

This is really reaching. lol I bet this was started by a woman. No regular man is that s-x obsessed. Only a woman with low self-esteem and is terrified of her husband cheating on her would come up with the utter rubbish

Um. A regular man is a MAN.
Man = s** obsessed.
That's just how Hashem made them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:13 pm
elusivity wrote:
Um. A regular man is a MAN.
Man = s** obsessed.
That's just how Hashem made them.

No, hashem did not make men s-x obsessed & most men are not s-x obsessed.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:14 pm
Mousse, French for "foam," not mouse, English for a small, long-tailed, verminous rodent infesting granaries, homes and other places where food is readily available. "Crunchy mouse" is a deep-fried delicacy in countries like China and its neighbors, where virtually any animal from insect to rodent to cat and dog is fair game for human consumption. In Western countries where such critters are considered unfit for human consumption, "crunchy mouse" is
the dried-up, brittle, but intact remains of a critter who died in a dry, hot place like an attic and gives the baleboste conniptions when she comes across it. Ask me how I know.

zaq

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:17 pm
It's all in the name. If they called the look "drowned rat" it would die on the cutting-room floor.

elusivity

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:

maybe "men" in my world means something different to "men" in your world Confused

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:

But they really are.

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:22 pm
I'll be the odd woman out and say that I think those pictures look so cute. I really like the style. It's so fresh, especially the 3rd picture where it was flipped out.

elusivity

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:28 pm
The attitude that men aren't s-obsessed comes purely from Hollywood. The guy is always a perfect gentleman who is head over heels in love with the girl simply because she's a wonderful person. If there are any ulterior motives he's automatically a p*rvert [not sure which words are allowed here]
But that's just not the way the world was created.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:30 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
Maybe the rest of you are fortunate enough that your hair comes out looking gorgeous after a shower, but my hair comes out looking like a scraggly, frizzy mess. I can guarantee you that the models in these ads have had their hair gelled to look that way - their hair does not naturally look that gorgeous after a shower. And any man that has ever seen his wife after a shower will know that her hair does not come out looking like a model. Probably closer to a wet dog than a model

I went to a very extreme school and yes, we learnt the whole "wet hair makes men think of you in the shower" thing. Now listen, I'm no guy, so maybe I can't say anything for certain. But it always sounded very weird for me tbh.
Re how hair looks out of the shower: my hair is literally only nice-looking after a shower. The rest of the time it's a thick, poofy, tangled mess. After the shwer it's gorgeous. Having said that I wouldn't wear a wig that looked like that - it just looks weird!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:33 pm
amother Lime wrote:
I went to a very extreme school and yes, we learnt the whole "wet hair makes men think of you in the shower" thing. Now listen, I'm no guy, so maybe I can't say anything for certain. But it always sounded very weird for me tbh.
Re how hair looks out of the shower: my hair is literally only nice-looking after a shower. The rest of the time it's a thick, poofy, tangled mess. After the shwer it's gorgeous. Having said that I wouldn't wear a wig that looked like that - it just looks weird!

My Dh loves my messy straggly wet hair after a shower. But yeah I agree not for a wig!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:35 pm
amother Purple wrote:
But they really are.

No, they're really not. Not obsessed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:36 pm
elusivity wrote:
maybe "men" in my world means something different to "men" in your world Confused

Or you don't know what the definition of obsessed is.

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:37 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I'll be the odd woman out and say that I think those pictures look so cute. I really like the style. It's so fresh, especially the 3rd picture where it was flipped out.

the second and third pic are cute but they don't look like they just stepped out of the shower. it looks more like they brushed their hair with a wet brush. different story.

the first pic is "get into the shower this second" awful.

I guess we'll wait and see how this plays out in the frum world.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Have you asked many men about this?

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 3:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
No, they're really not. Not obsessed.

I'm with you. I'm sure, out of all the men in the world, *some* are obsessed, but it's not an inherent part of male human nature. It's actually very cultural whether men or women are thought of as more s-x obsessed - I remember reading a version of 1001 nights, basically a collection of Middle Eastern folktales, and being surprised at how, in story after story, *women* were shown to have more interest/desire than the men. It's a very different view than modern Western culture.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels