Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Have you or would you ever...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Have you or would you take your infant/toddler out of their carseat in a moving vehicle?
Absolutely not!!??! I care about my child's safety!  
 37%  [ 77 ]
Never have, but maybe under extreme circumstances  
 27%  [ 57 ]
I've done it, but it was a one-time thing  
 24%  [ 50 ]
Of course! Laws are guidelines - my baby's comfort and happiness are more important  
 11%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 207

amother
Valerian

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 11:30 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I really didn't want to do it but my baby was crying and needed to eat and there were no signs indicating a rest area soon.

So pull off at any exit or even the shoulder.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Mar 01 2024, 1:46 pm
I’ve grabbed vomiting toddlers out of their car seat so that they don’t choke on their own vomit! If I felt that was the case.

Unfortunately vomiting happens a lot in my car- so this scenario has appended 3-4 times at least. But they go right back after….

mom923

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 7:13 pm
We grew up always having to wear seatbelts and sit in boosters. I remember carpools showing up with 4 seats to pick up 6 kid telling us to double buckle or sit on the floor. I was in 4th or 5th grade and asked for her phone to call my mother. She didn’t want to let me and told me just to sit in a seat, I didn’t have to double buckle if I didn’t want to. But I insisted. Ended up getting a ride with someone else who had room.

Would never carpool with someone who wouldn’t make my kids buckle and sit safely. Would rather do all am and pm drives myself.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 7:22 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
But how do you situate the blanket while you are leaning on top and over the car seat?

Try it and you'll see it's doable. I've done it

amother
IndianRed

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 7:27 pm
Funny to read this
I feel like therea imamother life and real.life

In real life so so many people I know will take their kid out if needed
I guess everyone here is perfect !

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:13 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Funny to read this

No, not perfect, but I don't play around with my kids lives. I think people are in denial about it until they unfortunately see it up close as I have. Please please don't take the chance it is never ever worth it.

Beautiful

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:53 pm
Never ever. A passenger I know did this, car got into accident, baby flew out onto road. Sat Shiva.

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:54 pm
amother Gold wrote:
I chose the last option, although I don't do it because "Laws are guidelines - my baby's comfort and happiness are more important"
I take my baby out to feed him. I take him out when he needs to be taken out.
Not saying it should be done. I should probably pull over and take him out once we've parked. But I'm just pointing out that the wording makes it seem like we're totally disregarding laws and safety for comfort. It's not like that.
I'm actually impressed and inspired seeing the results!

I hate to say this but grief is intense woman. Don’t bring it upon yourself c’v

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:55 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Funny to read this

In real life they are all asking for a funeral

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:56 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
it bothers me my kids carpool doesnt buckle the kids in and the kids are jumping around the car. WWYD?

Switch carpools YESTERDAY

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:57 pm
Anyone who’s witnessed parents bury their child can probably relate. My blood is absolutely boiling that this is even an OPTION in peoples brains!!!!! None of you who think this is remotely normal practice deserve to have children.
You are asking for a tragedy. You will be sobbing for life if it happens.
Do better.

zaq

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:00 pm
Absolutely not. I'd get off the road and stop the car.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:07 pm
For those who can nurse while their baby is in the car seat- are you very large chested? I have nursed 5 babies very successfully, I am very experienced and yet cannot imagine this working for me at all. Forget about being covered, there’s no way I would be able to position myself. When I’ve needed to nurse on the road, we had to pull over.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:09 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
For those who can nurse while their baby is in the car seat- are you very large chested? I have nursed 5 babies very successfully, I am very experienced and yet cannot imagine this working for me at all. Forget about being covered, there’s no way I would be able to position myself. When I’ve needed to nurse on the road, we had to pull over.

C cup, if that's large.

The carseat you have may also make a difference. My basic Graco works but I can imagine others not. It's not pleasant for me, but it works.

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:

I've tried it a couple times in a desperate situation. Not large chested and I had to unbuckle myself and lean over the car seat. It was incredibly uncomfortable and didn't feel safe at all...

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:18 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:

Yes I'm large chested and have nursed at least one baby as a passenger. Maxi cosi car seat. I've also pumped and the. Fed the bottle to the baby while traveling

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:28 pm
I'm curious what you all think of this.
Why is it so crazy if you are seatbelted while nursing your baby and you maneuver the seatbelt to cover him as well. I know its not ideal but I think in emergency situations I would do it.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:36 pm
amother Catmint wrote:
I've tried it a couple times in a desperate situation. Not large chested and I had to unbuckle myself and lean over the car seat. It was incredibly uncomfortable and didn't feel safe at all...

I would not do it if I had to unbuckle.

GLUE

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:36 pm
Just out of curiosity, how do you drive and nurse a baby at the same time?
How can you see out of the window?

I have not masted the ability to drive and take a kid out of their car seat at the same time. My kids sit in the back not next to me.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 10:44 pm
Amother Zinnia, I would pull out of the carpool. I know you likely can't find another yet but I would still do it- and yes, I have. You can let them know that this is essential for you and they have a choice between doing it or you leave, and they can decide which is more important to them. This only works if your child will actually tell you what's happening- if not, I would just go. I can be forgiving of small and rare lapses- this is neither.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics