Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Have you or would you ever...
Previous  1  2  3  4

Have you or would you take your infant/toddler out of their carseat in a moving vehicle?
Absolutely not!!??! I care about my child's safety!  
 37%  [ 77 ]
Never have, but maybe under extreme circumstances  
 27%  [ 57 ]
I've done it, but it was a one-time thing  
 24%  [ 50 ]
Of course! Laws are guidelines - my baby's comfort and happiness are more important  
 11%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 207

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 7:49 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I'm curious what you all think of this.
Why is it so crazy if you are seatbelted while nursing your baby and you maneuver the seatbelt to cover him as well. I know its not ideal but I think in emergency situations I would do it.

I'm not an expert, but I don't believe the seatbelt is designed to function like that so it wouldn't work correctly. Otherwise what would be the point of car seats, we'd just hold our babies and buckle them on us.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Mar 02 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Yes I'm large chested and have nursed at least one baby as a passenger. Maxi cosi car seat. I've also pumped and the. Fed the bottle to the baby while traveling

This makes much more sense to me. Leaning over a baby, unbuckled sounds nuts. There's no way my body can stretch that far.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 4:23 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
This makes much more sense to me. Leaning over a baby, unbuckled sounds nuts. There's no way my body can stretch that far.

No, I was sitting next to him, buckled in the middle of the car. I adjusted the carry handle of the infant seat so it wasn't in the way, then pulled up my shirt, unclasped my bra and leaned over so he could nurse. I stayed buckled, so did he. BH everyone was safe.

On other trips, I brought along my handheld pump, so as my husband was driving I pumped and then the baby had a bottle ready to go.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:20 am
Why is it so crazy if you are seatbelted while nursing your baby and you maneuver the seatbelt to cover him as well. I know its not ideal but I think in emergency situations I would do it.

Seatbelts are not made to protect infants. It could suffocate them c’v

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 5:30 am

Seatbelts lying across the wrong part of the body can cause damage to internal organs and the spine. Furthermore, the baby would chas veshalom get crush between a locked seatbelt and the impact of your body moving forward from the impact of the accident. Please don't do this!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 03 2024, 11:43 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
I guess I'm pretty stretchy lol. I just push my baby's face to the side of the carseat, lean over, and guide my breast into his/her mouth. It's not terribly comfortable but it works, and it's much better than stopping (not always is there a safe place to stop either) and making the trip 20 minutes longer, or having a hungry baby scream.

I think you need to be tall for that. Believe me I tried but I'm not even close to reaching.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics