Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can you help me find the right shirt?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:14 pm
Calling people who love to help with online shopping.

Need black turtleneck or mock turtleneck for DD (required for a performance). Can be a shirt or lightweight sweater.

Prefer to spend as little as possible because she's never going to wear it besides this.

Must arrive by the end of this week. I live in NY and have Amazon prime. Doesn't have to be from Amazon, just saying that's one thing I have access to.

DD is 11 years old, on the tall side but not huge, and very very skinny but wearing a beginner bra. I tried an adult XS and it was kind of swimming on her. I tried a child size but the cut was weird, the neck stood out funny, and the material was not black enough (trying to figure out how to describe it - if she's going to be on stage with lights it's going to have to be actual black to fit in with a line of other girls who presumably found actually black shirts but aren't telling me where except the kids who fit into adult smalls)

TIA!

galpal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 12:36 pm
Why donโ€™t you try shell station ribbed tops. You may end up being able to use it for something else as well

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 1:09 pm
Because Shell station costs like $40 and I'd rather not if it can be helped.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:48 pm
I would buy the cheap adult xs and take it in at the sides and shorten the sleeves if necessary. Plain running stitches with black thread, or with a bevy of safety pins if running stitches are beyond you.

Why do you say she'll never wear it? A black turtleneck is a classic wardrobe basic that never goes out of style. It may take your dd a few years to grow into it, but so what?

galpal

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 2:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
Because Shell station costs like $40 and I'd rather not if it can be helped.

They are much less than that and can likely be worn again with something

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 3:07 pm
https://www.amazon.com/DOKOTOO.....ss_tl

50% off coupon today.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:14 pm
I would take a link to something cheaper from shell station, when I looked on their website I only saw expensive.

The Amazon one isn't available in any size that would work ๐Ÿ˜ฉ goes straight from 7-8 to 14-15. Looked so promising at first ๐Ÿ˜”

I don't have time or skill for a sewing or safety pin project. She would look like a clown and I have a lot on my plate.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:40 pm
https://theshellstation.com/co.....r-116
23 not 40

busy mommy

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 4:46 pm
H&M
Maybe this in the XXS?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:15 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
https://theshellstation.com/collections/kids-shells-turtleneck/products/r-116
23 not 40

Thanks. Not sure why I wasn't seeing that myself.

That will be my backup plan if Amazon etc don't come through. Bummer that the one linked above is only the wrong sizes. H&m looks like a cropped kind of size that wouldn't work.

avimom

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:22 pm
I wonder if your daughter is with mine lol! I ordered several things from Amazon and these worked best (in the largest sizes): (one doesn't have a mockneck and has some ruffles on the shoulders but she said it was fine)

GORLYA Girl's Long Sleeve Soft Knit Mock Turtleneck Slim Fit Pullover Sweater Top for 4-14T Kids [amazon]

CNJFJ Kids Girls Cute Crew Neck Fuzzy Sweaters Ruffle Long Sleeve Basic Solid Pullover Sweaters [amazon]

GrowingUp

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:37 pm
Would this work?

https://kidichicusa.com/produc.....61217

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:51 pm
GrowingUp wrote:
Would this work?

https://kidichicusa.com/produc.....61217

I'm not sure. It doesn't look so much like a turtleneck, but it's called mockneck so...?!?! Price is very right and they have our size... I wonder if it's available in store, I can get to a kidichic.

Side note what is wrong with me that I can't seem to find these things myself? I checked kidichic and Shell station and didn't see the items linked here! Oh well bh for kind imamothers, I'll be grateful for you instead of down on myself

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 5:53 pm
avimom wrote:
I wonder if your daughter is with mine lol! I ordered several things from Amazon and these worked best (in the largest sizes): (one doesn't have a mockneck and has some ruffles on the shoulders but she said it was fine)

GORLYA Girl's Long Sleeve Soft Knit Mock Turtleneck Slim Fit Pullover Sweater Top for 4-14T Kids [amazon]

CNJFJ Kids Girls Cute Crew Neck Fuzzy Sweaters Ruffle Long Sleeve Basic Solid Pullover Sweaters [amazon]

Thank you! We have bas mitzvah at TAG school, big big place so I'd say there's a solid chance we're on the same mission.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics