Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Omg! I can’t believe how dumb I am 😆
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 10:06 am
amother OP wrote:
Imagine! If not for my husband*, we would both be sitting in the olam ha’emes and get such a shock from this revelation- possibly causing a jolt back to this world…

Husband: wow, baby’s swing sings the abc song too
Me: no it doesn’t
Husband: sure does
Me: don’t know what you’re talking about. Unless you know a different abc song.
Husband: no, listen it’s playing now
Me:that’s not abc, that’s the twinkle twinkle little star ⭐️
Husband:it’s the same tune
Me:seriously?? Omg! You’re totally right! Can’t believe I never knew this!!

Last night me and ds. Literally last night. lol

Ds- mom wanna hear me play abc in the piano? (He’s taking lessons)
Me- sure
Ds- plays song
Me- I thought u said you’ll play abc. That’s twinkle twinkle
Ds- Nu uh that’s abc
Me- taking a pause. Oh yea ur right
😂

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:09 am
amother Azalea wrote:
I thought the girls came in front of achasheverosh like a beauty pageant. Got married and my husband was completely shocked that I didn’t realize they had to sleep with the king…
I am not sheltered at all!!!!

Lol I didn’t know this til you posted this! 😂

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:23 am
I remembered another one from my school days.
I went to a school that taught us to read in the Ashkenazi havara.
When I was in about third grade, a friend and I went through a stage where we thought that everything Israeli was the coolest thing ever and that we wanted to be like Israelis and to start using the Sephardi or Israeli havara. What we didn't know was that only the the letter saf was pronounced with a t sound and not samech and sin. Anyways, I was asked by my very chassidish Chumash teacher to start reading from the pasuk which of course had words with samech and sin which I very confidently mispronounced reading everything as a t sound.( I remember in particular by the word וספרתי which I read as vetaparti) I don't know what my teacher thought was going on with me when until then I had always displayed very good Kriah skills. I can't quite remember what happened after that and I'm not sure exactly when I realised what I had done, but remembering that anecdote makes me chuckle.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:31 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
I remembered another one from my school days.
I went to a school that taught us to read in the Ashkenazi havara.
When I was in about third grade, a friend and I went through a stage where we thought that everything Israeli was the coolest thing ever and that we wanted to be like Israelis and to start using the Sephardi or Israeli havara. What we didn't know was that only the the letter saf was pronounced with a t sound and not samech and sin. Anyways, I was asked by my very chassidish Chumash teacher to start reading from the pasuk which of course had words with samech and sin which I very confidently mispronounced reading everything as a t sound.( I remember in particular by the word וספרתי which I read as vetaparti) I don't know what my teacher thought was going on with me when until then I had always displayed very good Kriah skills. I can't quite remember what happened after that and I'm not sure exactly when I realised what I had done, but remembering that anecdote makes me chuckle.

LOL LOL

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:20 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
All stops signs mean to stop all the way. Complete stop at a stop sign.

You're cute. Now I know that too.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:45 am
Gringotts is because of ingots
DH dropped that one on me today...

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:53 am
amother Green wrote:
Did no one learn the month song like this?

30 days had September
April June and November
All the rest have 31
Except for February

Nothing else after that.

Also in the Megillah
וְהָמָן֙ נֹפֵ֗ל עַל־הַמִּטָּה֙ אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶסְתֵּ֣ר עָלֶ֔יהָ וַיֹּ֣אמֶר הַמֶּ֔לֶךְ הֲ֠גַ֠ם לִכְבּ֧וֹשׁ
I never understood why achashverosh was so mad that haman was begging for his life until someone pointed out to me what he thought haman was doing with Esther on her bed.

In school we were taught that the falling onto her bed made it look like he was trying to attack her - which as kids, we understood to mean kill her

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:07 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:

What is ingots? Am I going to be embarrassed that I don't know? I guess this is the thread for it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 12:30 pm
What is ingots? Am I going to be embarrassed that I don't know? I guess this is the thread for it.

It’s probably because you don’t have any..

(Ok, I don’t either know what means- just google searched it)

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:27 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:

You're referring to Gringotts from Harry Potter?

ittsamother

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 1:59 pm

A brick shaped piece of metal, like silver or gold. The joke is that the bank Gringotts is where everyone stores all their ingots.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 2:30 pm
For way too long, I thought bemused meant mildly amused. It actually means confused. The good news is, when I did learn that, I also learned that I was not the only one who had it all wrong like that, so I didn't feel that dumb. You're welcome in advance to anyone who is just learning this now 😀

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:49 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
For way too long, I thought bemused meant mildly amused. It actually means confused. The good news is, when I did learn that, I also learned that I was not the only one who had it all wrong like that, so I didn't feel that dumb. You're welcome in advance to anyone who is just learning this now 😀

I’m actually so shocked!

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:58 pm
When I was 10 I thought Veterans is the long of Vet I was reading this book about a Veteran being homeless, fighting etc... actually American Girls Julie Albright (brings up any memories?) I was so confused!! or rather bemused Wink

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 3:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
My oldest students are about 18-19 now and most of them are boys so Tongue Out
(And most have DS, CP or ASD with a sprinkling of some very rare diagnosis)

Wow I just realized that my first students are turning 18 this year. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that. I'm still so young, and they were just learning to read their first words.

I'm actually desperately curious how they are doing now. I still remember many of their names...

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:11 pm
I just realized today that Hokey Pokey and Vgam Charvona are the same tune (or similar)

vtaherlibeinu

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:49 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
There was a thread about this once, but I found out in middle age I belonged to the group of people who always thought the word misled was pronounced as "mysoold" and not "missledd".

I second this one!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:58 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I just realized today that Hokey Pokey and Vgam Charvona are the same tune (or similar)

Benny Friedman sounds like Purim?

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:06 pm
I grew up in Brooklyn and always knew about Washington Heights but only learned at the age of 28 that it's in Manhattan. I never thought about it. Lakewood, Long Island, Queens, Far Rockaway, Washington Heights. Places Jewish ppl live 😀

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Benny Friedman sounds like Purim?

I think so.can anyone confirm?
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics