Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Car seat for frequent flyers

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 11:52 am
I need to get an infant car seat. Something hospital approved (my hospital doesn’t allow doona). My husband and I will be flying a lot to visit his parents who live out of the country. Ideally, we’d like something that has a swivel option that is good for an infant and a toddler.

We were looking into the Nuna Revv before we realized that we can’t use it for flying. Is there something like that that’s FAA approved?

Money isn’t issue. We’ll be using it a lot so we’re happy to spend on a good one

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:05 pm
Can you get a cheap car seat for hospital and use it as a spare or for second car and then get a doona?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:10 pm
I would get a regular, good car seat (I use Nuna Pipa Lite and am very happy) for every day use and a Doona for traveling only

I am very anti Doona as a general car seat but for traveling it makes the most sense. You don’t want to shlep a huge heavy car seat or take something that needs a base, and you’d need to get a stroller anyways for the car seat to click into that’s also good for traveling which just adds another heavy thing to take around with you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:12 pm
Honestly, we’d rather not get the doona. Aside for the hospital not allowing the doona, our baby’s PT’s (he’s a preemie) have strongly advised against a doona. They said it’s extremely bad for the baby’s positioning and, especially since he’s a preemie, we shouldn’t look to complicate his development further

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:15 pm
You do not want to lug a heavy swivel seat through an airport. Trust me.

I took maxi cozi Roma for flying. It's lightweight but has the best padding of the light weight seats. And that was still quite bulky but at least it wasn't heavy.

scruffy

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:17 pm
Going to echo everyone else here to get what you like for everyday, and a different car seat for travel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:20 pm
I guess that’s what I’ll need to do - get two separate car seats

Maybe I’ll still get the Nuna revv for the car and the maxi cozi for flying

GettingThere

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:35 pm
I don’t know of an exact car seat but I have used a snap n go for traveling and it’s amazing. Has a large basket and is just so easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics