Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cheapest flight from nyc to anywhere for Chol Hamoed Pesach

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:22 pm
my kids are dying to fly on an airplane, would love to treat them chol hamoed to go on a plane ride round trip... stopping for an hour or so in a nice park or nice attraction is fine too... I just dont want to make it into an expensive trip - the point is the thrill of the flight. Anyone knows of cheap tickets or what would be the cheapest destination for CH"M pesach April 25...?

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:27 pm
to return when?

galpal

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:30 pm
You do realize chol hamoed is Friday, shabbos and erev Yontif? Thursday is only real day. Not best year for such a trip

up high

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:31 pm
Me too... I would even stay overnight. Boston, Chicago, Baltimore, Florida...

galpal

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:31 pm
Unless you meant fly both ways same day?!?!
That’s crazy even if flying is the main part of the trip. You can just go for a helicopter ride at that point

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:36 pm
It's going to be an expensive trip.

Right now Spirit tickets to Chicago for that date (arriving 10 am, returning 5 pm - back in NY at 8:30) are $83.

That's not bad, assuming that the flights are on time. Also factor in transportation/parking at airport, rental car in Chicago, and cost of attraction in Chicago (Navy Pier, or Museum of Science and Industry, etc.).

Other destinations are $60 or so, but there isn't enough time to leave the airport before getting on the flight back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:41 pm
op here...
yes, I meant flying same day round trip... on Thursday the 25th
sometimes there are crazy deals like for $25 a ticket... thats cheaper than any other local attraction

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 1:42 pm
just take them to the TWA hotel
and let them watch the airplanes take off. the hotel is also fun. no need to stay overnight.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 2:39 pm
Cheapest I am seeing is Charlotte NC - and its $60 leaving 6:00 am
https://www.skyscanner.com/tra.....rtn=1

They do have some cool attractions - Nascar Hall of fame, U.S. National Whitewater Center, Carrowinds amusement park, mint museum.

By the time you pay for flights, and uber and entrance fees it wont be cheaper then a local attraction....

There where some flights that where literally you get off the plane and spend some time in the airport and then get on the plane - that would be cheaper if that's what they really are desperate to do.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 2:40 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Cheapest I am seeing is Charlotte NC - and its $60 leaving 6:00 am
https://www.skyscanner.com/tra.....rtn=1

They do have some cool attractions - Nascar Hall of fame, U.S. National Whitewater Center, Carrowinds amusement park, mint museum.

By the time you pay for flights, and uber and entrance fees it wont be cheaper then a local attraction....

There where some flights that where literally you get off the plane and spend some time in the airport and then get on the plane - that would be cheaper if that's what they really are desperate to do.

I saw this one. I don't think it's enough time to get out of the airport and go anywhere before needing to be back at the airport to go through security.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 2:51 pm
What about doing a train to Phili( $10, 1 1/2 hours), DC($20 - 4 hours), Boston ($35 - 4 1/2 hours) the Hamptons ($20 - 2 hours)

Those places all have cool cheap/ free things to do, have a cool travel method and will be way cheaper

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 2:52 pm
amother Babyblue wrote:
I saw this one. I don't think it's enough time to get out of the airport and go anywhere before needing to be back at the airport to go through security.

Domestic flights +no luggage= much more chilled security. When we did LGA it was about a half an hour....

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 3:11 pm
Found this flight for $62.70 with spirit savers club to charlotte
https://www.spirit.com/book/flights
Here is a list of free attractions
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/......html

Truth is - it is about the price of american dream - which is totally insane imho

There is also this one to Mrytle Beach SC - but you land at 1 and leave at 5 - for 52.20
https://www.spirit.com/book/flights
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics