Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Urgent Oral Surgeon needed
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:58 am
Hi,
I am in a desperate sitution.
I have a tooth/mouth condition and have lost multiple molars over the last few years. I have 3 more that need to be extracted which means I MUST have implants because at this point I'm down to yogurt and oatmeal.

I was recommended Dr. Hershmans group, but they gave me a quote today of 1/4 of the work that I need, and the total was 13,000 dollars!!!!!

Does anyone have an oral surgeon anywhere near brooklyn, or actually even if I had to travel, who would either take insurance, or would give a reasonable rate?

Anyone?

I don't know what to do.

Even if I skip the implants and just extract the broken teeth, the hershman group prices are way too much .

Please advise.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:06 am
There are some hospitals that do this if it's an emergency. There's a Montifiore hospital in the Bronx that does this I think. Reach out to the referring agencies. They can help you. Bhatzlocha! Refuah Shleima

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:14 am
I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 22 years ago in Brooklyn. I believe the oral surgeon's name is Dr Strauss. He took my insurance at the time.

I do not have any more info, contact, etc as it was years ago. I just remember him and his staff being pleasant and professional.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:15 am
ShishKabob wrote:
There are some hospitals that do this if it's an emergency. There's a Montifiore hospital in the Bronx that does this I think. Reach out to the referring agencies. They can help you. Bhatzlocha! Refuah Shleima

What agency would help with referrals for this?

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:27 am
Did you try ocean parkway group? I think they take insurance https://www.oceanparkwayoms.com/doctors/

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
What agency would help with referrals for this?
Any Medical Referral Agency like Echo, Bikur Cholim, Refuah Helpline etc.. Open the jewish phonebook, bhatzlocha

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:37 pm
Hershman group is very expensive.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:44 pm
Oy mamaleh Refuah sheleima.. tooth pain is the worst pain.. I tell my husband I wish it on my enemies, and if my enemies knew what I wished on then they wouldn’t come near me, they’d be too afraid..

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:06 pm
Both Methodist and NYU have low-cost dental care in their dental schools.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:12 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
Did you try ocean parkway group? I think they take insurance https://www.oceanparkwayoms.com/doctors/

I second this

FUNMOM88

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:13 pm
Dr Zeitlin takes insurance too

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:16 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
I second this

Thank you! I will try them tomorrow!

msym

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,
I am in a desperate sitution.
I have a tooth/mouth condition and have lost multiple molars over the last few years. I have 3 more that need to be extracted which means I MUST have implants because at this point I'm down to yogurt and oatmeal.

I was recommended Dr. Hershmans group, but they gave me a quote today of 1/4 of the work that I need, and the total was 13,000 dollars!!!!!

Does anyone have an oral surgeon anywhere near brooklyn, or actually even if I had to travel, who would either take insurance, or would give a reasonable rate?

Anyone?

I don't know what to do.

Even if I skip the implants and just extract the broken teeth, the hershman group prices are way too much .

Please advise.

Hi! Dr amrani was really good. He's by kings highway oral surgery. He can probably come up qith a payment plan or discount... My dentist also reccomended brighton dental but I haven't used them.
Have you heard of avichai stern might be another option.
Hatzlacha it's so annoying tooth problems...

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:23 pm
Just to do extractions you can just go to any dentist that takes your insurance
Ocean parkway group takes all insurances and us very good. You can make an appointment or just walk in and wait as an emergency.
but for implants I think you need somebody good
Hershman is great
There’s also a dr stern that keeps on advertising

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:25 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Both Methodist and NYU have low-cost dental care in their dental schools.

With months long wait. Impossible to get appointments, as they open months they are full in seconds. Waiting almost two years and still haven’t gotten an appointment at NYU yet.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:25 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Just to do extractions you can just go to any dentist that takes your insurance
Ocean parkway group takes all insurances and us very good. You can make an appointment or just walk in and wait as an emergency.
but for implants I think you need somebody good
Hershman is great
There’s also a dr stern that keeps on advertising

Stern does implants. He’s incredible but not any cheaper.

msym

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:39 pm
For just implants I used dr barry Habib. He's in brighton beach. He was really good and had a discounted rate.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 10:57 pm
I know of two places that are less expensive
The first one is Dr Lebowitz in monsey (might be lefkowitz). Was recommended to him by my brother when I compared prices received by hershman group. I can ask for more details if you’re interested or if anyone knows who I’m talking about please chime in.
The second option is nyu dental school. They have certain days that they’re open for public and the work is done under the supervision of the teachers and sometimes of the procedure is complicated then the teacher might complete on own and use as teacher guided study. Call them to find out more as this info may be outdated after Covid.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:05 pm
dr malek does implants, as well. extractions might be based on which tooth

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 11:15 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Oy mamaleh Refuah sheleima.. tooth pain is the worst pain.. I tell my husband I wish it on my enemies, and if my enemies knew what I wished on then they wouldn’t come near me, they’d be too afraid..

Az es kumt tseynveytog fargest men kopveytog.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries