Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Lahav

lkwdgirl

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 5:51 pm
Please tell me about the Lahav crowd. What kind of girls go there? I was given information for research applied got accepted and now people are telling me the crowd isn’t so desirable. Please advise

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 6:24 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:
Please tell me about the Lahav crowd. What kind of girls go there? I was given information for research applied got accepted and now people are telling me the crowd isn’t so desirable. Please advise

It’s a more cool type from the girls I know who went there. My cousin is going she wanted to lahav or meor. So meor type. She is with-it cool and dresses with it

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 7:22 pm
My dd went last year, great group of girls, def frum, tznius, good girls. It’s really hard to get in the past few yrs and they only accept really amazing top girls. Def is a desirable crowd!

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:14 pm
What do you mean not desirable crowd? They have an amazing, normal, frum, cute crowd year after year.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:25 pm
My daughter went there. There is really no seminary like it!! It’s really like one big family- and the trips and classes are so full of tochen. They go places that no other seminary goes. The hanhala is incredibly warm. My daughter grew a ton!!

Most girls were actually not cool. There are different types but all solid frum. I don’t know anyone that applied to meohr and lahav.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:27 pm
I actually got into Lahav and Meohr and many other girls I know too. Meohr is a wonderful seminary as well...

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 8:30 pm
My sister applied to Lahav and meor. She is going to meor iyh as she got in there. Lahav she is on a waiting list. I heard lots of girls are on the waiting list there.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:16 pm
Is it true that there's a lot of jappyness, high pressure with spending?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:20 pm
Would not say that Lahav has a name like that at all. Maybe some girls...but every Sem has girls like that!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 07 2024, 9:26 pm
lkwdgirl wrote:

If you were accepted on round 1, your deposit was already due today, so I'm not sure why you're looking for info now, unless your daughter was accepted from a waiting list and was just accepted?

Either way, it's not proper etiquette to come on to a public chat and speak lashon Hara and badmouth a Seminary and the potential girls who applied. Not really cool.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 8:17 am
My daughter went to Lahav a few years ago. She loved everything about Lahav. There are no other seminaries like Lahav. Here’s my thoughts.
1) it’s a mixed crowd. There are many different reasons why a girl chooses Lahav. There are brillliant girls who want to get a head start on college and then the there are good girls who worked hard but want a more hashkafic based program without reports and too much in text learning.
2) parents who can’t afford sem, Lahav is a cheaper option.
3) really exploring and seeing the country, Lahav takes more trips and it’s all tied into our history.
4) really great teachers

Lahav has the most classes. They don’t have as much free time as other sems, since they’re always on the go. I remember Mrs Goldstein saying the one thing all Lahav girls have in common is high energy and the ability to go. They could be in a vaad class until 1 and then on a bus at 6 the next morning, going on a trip.
That part was so true.

There are many different type of girls there. It’s not really a type.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 10:23 am
The girl I know who went this year is a bubbly, warm, tzanua person. If everyone else is like her, the place has to be beyond amazing.

2 of DD's friends applied this year: one is a little more cool and the other is down to earth. Neither of them got in.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 10:53 pm
Does anyone know if girls were accepted on second round?

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:43 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Does anyone know if girls were accepted on second round?

Yes I know a girl who got in on second round after being wait listed first round.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info