Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Mislaibeled Instagram live-did u watch?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 09 2024, 11:56 pm
I saw on Twitter someone posted that he said he was going live to talk about why his latest cohost is leaving. I know this is soooo stupid and embarrassing that I’m even posting this lol. But I don’t have Instagram anymore so I couldn’t watch it but I’m curious what happened… if anyone cares to indulge me lol.

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 12:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I saw on Twitter someone posted that he said he was going live to talk about why his latest cohost is leaving. I know this is soooo stupid and embarrassing that I’m even posting this lol. But I don’t have Instagram anymore so I couldn’t watch it but I’m curious what happened… if anyone cares to indulge me lol.

Following lol
Im only curious cuz its pretty recent after foing the episodes with the girls...

amother
Crocus

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:46 am
It's uploaded to his Instagram.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 3:53 am
The comment section was a dumpster fire
The guy is clueless to his own behavior
He had done a live last week about Flatbush girls relations strike and he brought someone from the audience on to join him and asked her about it. She was pro the idea and then he asked her if she’s single or married and she said she’s an agunah. He later told her he knows why she’s an agunah and gave a whole list. The cohost was visibly uncomfortable.
The cohost said on his own page tonight that he wanted to put out a psa that he didn’t support what Laibel said to the agunah but laibel didnt let him so he felt he couldn’t stay on the podcast. (It seemed like it wasn’t the first time he wanted to distance himself from laibels opinions and this was the final straw)
On the live tonight, Instead of laibel acknowledging what a horrible thing he told the woman, he was just bashing the cohost as well as former cohosts for leaving and then saying he’s looking for a new one and the same breath. As if anyone would apply after hearing how he talks about them….
The comment section was hilarious, everyone was enjoying how unaware a person can be about themselves.

cupcake123

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:55 am
Recently discovered this podcast I have no sm so don't know any of the backstory. On the podcast with the girls and boys he said that he just got a new cohost (dovi? ) so is this the one that left and now there's a new new one ?

mom12

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 9:04 am
cupcake123 wrote:
Recently discovered this podcast I have no sm so don't know any of the backstory. On the podcast with the girls and boys he said that he just got a new cohost (dovi? ) so is this the one that left and now there's a new new one ?
m
Yes dovi left

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 9:19 am
Ooh following too! Can someone embed it here?

greenteaorange

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 9:31 am
Honestly this podcast is not for frum women I’m not sure why it keeps getting posted here the first time it was posted I thought it was a nice frum podcast and watched but it was a a waste of my time
— maybe someone is trying to get more people to watch it)
What’s the point of frum married women talking about this podcast that’s not relevant much it’s more for singles and modern people s
There’s so many good frum podcasts out there idk why were giving this mind

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:03 am
greenteaorange wrote:
Honestly this podcast is not for frum women I’m not sure why it keeps getting posted here the first time it was posted I thought it was a nice frum podcast and watched but it was a a waste of my time
What’s the point of frum married women talking about this podcast that’s not relevant much it’s more for singles and modern people s

You know you have the option not to open the thread if you see in the title that it’s a topic that doesn’t interest you.
Obviously there are people who are interested. And obviously if you think it’s not for from women you aren’t listening to the episodes so you don’t even know why some of the episodes are topics people would find interesting.
Not that I think it’s the most normal podcast, but I don’t see why people shouldn’t post about it if it interests them.

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:06 am
Just from the one minute of watching him make the single girls squirm about if they've ever been in a relationship before made me understand what type of person he is and why he is still single himself. He clearly saw that one young lady was clearly uncomfortable and he kept going after her until she answered him.He doesn't have boundaries. And that could be borderline abusive. What he does is not okay.he needs a lot of therapy.

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:07 am
I also think he comes across as a know-it-all and just general obnoxious. I won't watch him.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:30 am
octopus wrote:
I also think he comes across as a know-it-all and just general obnoxious. I won't watch him.

The very first time I watched him he already made me cringe. And I cringe every single time I see him again.
He’s not refined, not kind, not polite, not bright, not pleasant.
I’m not sure how people enjoy watching his podcast.

I’ll probably regret putting this out. But unless he changes I don’t think it’s worth wasting our time.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:32 am
Another co-host left leibel hanging........
*Yawn*
What else is new?
Poor guy has these troubles every 3-4 weeks. It's boring. Why do people even engage? Don join him as co hosts and wait for his **** to go down.

amother
Catmint

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:42 am
greenteaorange wrote:

I'm frum and I've found some of his podcasts worth watching. 1) he's had on some guests that deserve a platform, like Avraham Gourarie, who has an important message we all should be willing to hear. I enjoyed the one with Nissim Black. 2) if you want to be aware of various social issues and how things are changing across the frum world, this gives you insight. As cringy as the episode with the girls was, they are representative of a growing number of girls who come from more RW backgrounds and who are frum but no longer yeshivish. These trends show up everywhere and affect all of us and out families.

Personally I think his big mistake was firing the previous co-host who was no longer frum, but brought a sweetness and even a sort of idealism to some of the interviews. On his own, he's a bit too aggressive and so sure he knows best. Cutting people off and telling them so bluntly why they are wrong/you are right does not make for good podcasting skills. I haven't seen the latest agunah one, but I give credit to Dovi for leaving. Maybe it will force Leibel into a bit more of self awareness.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:36 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
The comment section was a dumpster fire
The guy is clueless to his own behavior
He had done a live last week about Flatbush girls relations strike and he brought someone from the audience on to join him and asked her about it. She was pro the idea and then he asked her if she’s single or married and she said she’s an agunah. He later told her he knows why she’s an agunah and gave a whole list. The cohost was visibly uncomfortable.
The cohost said on his own page tonight that he wanted to put out a psa that he didn’t support what Laibel said to the agunah but laibel didnt let him so he felt he couldn’t stay on the podcast. (It seemed like it wasn’t the first time he wanted to distance himself from laibels opinions and this was the final straw)
On the live tonight, Instead of laibel acknowledging what a horrible thing he told the woman, he was just bashing the cohost as well as former cohosts for leaving and then saying he’s looking for a new one and the same breath. As if anyone would apply after hearing how he talks about them….
The comment section was hilarious, everyone was enjoying how unaware a person can be about themselves.

What was he saying about Dovi?

Also, did you watch an episode a few weeks ago where they almost split up but officially "worked through it"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics