Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Window covering trend for LR/DR, that are quality/reasonable

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 4:23 pm
Which Window coverings are people buying now for LR/DR, that are good quality/reasonable?

Before buying window coverings, how do I know what the current trend is, and how to determine quality? Everyone who sells, will tell me theirs is the best.

If I dont want to spend big bucks, and Im not willing to measure, order, and hang them myself, who can I call, who will sell me the best quality window coverings for the price Im paying?

What can I expect to pay for an up to date window covering for a 55" X 60" window ( I have a few about that size in LR/DR)? and for sliding doors?

tia

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:26 pm
Are you looking to go to a frum store? Online everything has to be measured? If you have a neighbor or friend that could help you measure, buy online cheap and call down a handyman to install.

The zebra shades are not the shade to get anymore so if your going to a frum store keep that in mind you may want to see other options.

*no one is throwing them out just yet but newer houses have different options

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 6:59 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
Are you looking to go to a frum store? Online everything has to be measured? If you have a neighbor or friend that could help you measure, buy online cheap and call down a handyman to install.

The zebra shades are not the shade to get anymore so if your going to a frum store keep that in mind you may want to see other options.

*no one is throwing them out just yet but newer houses have different options

What style are they showing now?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 7:26 pm
bump

Which Window coverings are people buying now for LR/DR, that are good quality/reasonable?

Before buying window coverings, how do I know what the current trend is, and how to determine quality? Everyone who sells, will tell me theirs is the best.

If I dont want to spend big bucks, and Im not willing to measure, order, and hang them myself, who can I call, who will sell me the best quality window coverings for the price Im paying?

What can I expect to pay for an up to date window covering for a 55" X 60" window ( I have a few about that size in LR/DR)? and for sliding doors?

tia

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:34 pm
bump

Will anyone who feels they have experience with choosing window coverings, please tell me whats in, and where to get it reasonably?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:36 pm
Everyone in my very trendy neighborhood is doing semi sheer ceiling to floor curtains in their dining room

The custom window treatment guy we spoke to recommended fabric look roller shades or Roman shades if we didn't want curtains

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 10:38 pm
I haven't bought shades recently (I still have the zebra shades)

But what I'm seeing in the design world is long (floor to ceiling) drapes in gauzy/chiffon fabric. No visible curtain rod. Possibly with a solid roller shade directly on the window for privacy? I'm not 100% sure on the logistics; as I said, I don't have them myself. But that's what I see around.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Mar 10 2024, 11:45 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Everyone in my very trendy neighborhood is doing semi sheer ceiling to floor curtains in their dining room

The custom window treatment guy we spoke to recommended fabric look roller shades or Roman shades if we didn't want curtains

What color couch and accent chairs has been trending ?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:37 am
Any suggestions for people who come to Jackson, who are user-friendly, and are well priced for what you get (you dont find out later that you overpaid)?

tia
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries