Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
March of the Penguins (movie)

Meema2Kids

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 3:25 pm
Has anyone seen this? My SIL (not frum) wants to get this for my kids. I want to make sure it's appropriate before giving her the ok. You can only learn so much from a review.... Smile

elisecohen

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 3:37 pm
My mom took my kids to see it, but I haven't seen it. They liked it but apparently it got a little boring in the middle. OTOH, it's a little like the famous "Meerkats" show--a lot of the cute little baby penguins don't survive, so if your kids are very sensitive, they might be upset by that.

RedVines

Post Mon, Dec 12 2005, 6:21 pm
We rented it and personally I cant stand it, It is fine for kids although they do have a mating scene...which I have FF so not sure what that is all about...my kids wont sit more than a second for it!!!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 2:33 pm
We didn't have TV or videos at home when I had little kids, and when they would see nature stuff elsewhere, it was just too much for them. My son cried at night for years & had nightmares about the mommy bear and the baby bear getting separated....

BH he's now 18 years old, happy as a lark learning in E"Y, but he didn't get over it by magic, he had a guidance counselor, etc., at school to talk to, as he aged.

chanala

Post Sun, Jan 08 2006, 5:20 pm
I strongly suggest renting it first and deciding for yourself. Some kids may be OK, others not. My daughter was OK but I was squirming through a couple scenes wondering how she would react (the mating scene, and the dead penguins).

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:48 pm
http://aish.com/societyWork/ar.....s.asp

chanala

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 2:42 pm
Motek wrote:
http://aish.com/societyWork/ar.....s.asp

Very clever!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics