Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What age can they wear a dress?
1  2  Next

Is she too young for a dress?
yes  
 63%  [ 54 ]
no  
 36%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 85

sillymommy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:36 pm
My 15 month old daughter is walking already- can I put her in dresses this season? Or still too young?

Of course everyone has their own opinion on these things but just curious to know yours- does it look silly on a baby this young? Or why not?

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:41 pm
I wouldn't because I don't like the look, plus they'll be in dresses soon for the rest of their lives. Enjoy the baby things whilst you can! Doesn't last long enough.

sunshine23

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:43 pm
I will put my 24 m old in really mini dresses and bloomers almost like swing top

amother
Clover

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:43 pm
Newborns can wear dresses LOL
Otherwise it's really a matter of taste. I usually won't do dresses until at least 2. I'd do really short ones, but won't last a season.
I personally don't like how it looks when a diaper shows under a dress. If they aren't toilet trained, they'll wear tights or diaper covers.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:44 pm
sunshine23 wrote:
I will put my 24 m old in really mini dresses and bloomers almost like swing top

Yeah that's different, that's adorable.

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:45 pm
A mini dress just barely covering covering their diaper with bloomers

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:50 pm
I wouldn’t do a dress for this age. Either a romper or a tunic with a bloomers. My baby is 17 months and won’t be wearing dresses this season.

teachkids

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:51 pm
I do mini dresses from newborn and real dresses for Shabbos once they’re walking. My 2.5 year old wears A dress to school every day. But I’m OOT so we don’t do frum style

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:52 pm
I like short dresses with leggings/ short leggings under

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:53 pm
I would do something like this

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $3.63 | 2Pcs Baby Clothes For Girls Summer Soft Linen Cotton Toddler Boutique Clothing Set Tops Blouse + Bloomer Baby Girl Clothes
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMzNhsS

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:53 pm
I don't like dresses for that age. I don't think it's cute. Especially if the kid has no hair/little hair.
A mini dress with bloomers, may look cute.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:55 pm
My daughter is 18 months and although dresses aren't my preference, if I see a really cute one I can't resist buying it, I don't care if other people don't like it.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 7:56 pm
amother Burlywood wrote:
I like short dresses with leggings/ short leggings under

Yes that's a tunic , not really a dress. With short leggings under is so cute!

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:03 pm
sunshine23 wrote:

Why dress a baby almost naked? I don’t understand the look.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:04 pm
Depends on the kid. Tall mature looking kid woth lots of hair bs short babyish looking with very little short hair....
Also, the length will make all the difference. That 1/2 can make it or break it.

Dresses on walking kids can be so cute! (Or yachna)

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:06 pm
Also it depends on the child's build. My older daughter was tall and sturdy already at that age and looked cute in dresses hitting above the knee.

My younger daughter now 18 months is shorter and chubbier and a bit more wobbly and the same dresses hit at/ below the knee. I don't usually do dresses for her unless it's more tunic style with leggings under.

(Meanwhile my 2.5 year old hardly agrees to wear shirts and pants anymore, only dresses, so yes, enjoy the cute rompers and shorts while you can)

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Milk wrote:
Why dress a baby almost naked? I don’t understand the look.

Same. I can’t stand it. Literally like they’re not dressed at all

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:15 pm
It really depends on the kid. I put my daughter in dresses at 12-18 months but she’s tall and slender and has a lot of hair. Most people assumed she was at least two. Honestly, rompers kind of looked kind of dumb on her at that age.
Other kids, with chubbier baby bodies and little to no hair would have looked ridiculous in a dress.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:20 pm
My friends 2year old looks like a 5 year old (super super tall )and looks ridiculous in rompers . She always looks like she’s at the beach wearing a bathing suit . My friend was like I’m not putting. 2 year old on dresses or skirts. Well.. she should have…

amother
Lightcoral

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 8:21 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
My friends 2year old looks like a 5 year old (super super tall )and looks ridiculous in rompers . She always looks like she’s at the beach wearing a bathing suit . My friend was like I’m not putting. 2 year old on dresses or skirts. Well.. she should have…

It's not either dresses or rompers. My kids were never in rompers once walking. They wear Leggings & tops.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics