Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Did you remove your widows peak?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not considering doing this in order to wear a lace wig. It still shows very easily with my regular shaitel that even has bangs. It shows when I wear my snood. I don’t want my hair to show.
It sounds like laser is the way to go. I don’t have time for that now. I wish I could do it myself.

Exactly what I was saying.

The only way a widows peak looks normal is if you get a lace.
I don't have a lace so my widows peak is really annoying. I threaded for a while, but I hate maintaining.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:59 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Of course I have one! If there were a poll I’d respond ‘no way!’

How do you cover your hair?

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:10 pm
I don't wear wigs with a center part because of this. I did not want to remove hair and create an artificial hairline. I hate the ultra smooth look on a person's face which comes from laser or waxing. A person has natural thin facial hairs and when removed just makes them look awful in my opinion.

So all my wigs are either thick bangs or off-center part.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:12 pm
I originally lasered it for my lacetop and I'm happy I did because I have a very low hairline and hated that I had to wear falls and snoods lower. There's a way to make it look natural. There was a poster above who said her husband thought it looked artificial.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
If so, how did you remove it?
I’m seriously considering doing this because I’m having a hard time with Shaitels.
Also, how hard is it to maintain?

My daughter did. I think she did electrolysis. She is very happy. Did not come back. Yet.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:15 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
How do you cover your hair?

I wear a wig. How do you cover yours?

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:16 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I don't wear wigs with a center part because of this. I did not want to remove hair and create an artificial hairline. I hate the ultra smooth look on a person's face which comes from laser or waxing. A person has natural thin facial hairs and when removed just makes them look awful in my opinion.

So all my wigs are either thick bangs or off-center part.

For me no matter what I have to wear the wig very low. How do you avoid that?
I get getting bangs, but how does it help to have an off-center part?

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:17 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
I wear a wig. How do you cover yours?

You don't find that you have to wear your wig super low which then makes your face covered by hair in an unnatural way?

I struggle so much with this!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:19 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
You don't find that you have to wear your wig super low which then makes your face covered by hair in an unnatural way?

I struggle so much with this!

No. Maybe I have a higher forehead? Or my widows peak isn’t as deep?

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 11:23 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
No. Maybe I have a higher forehead? Or my widows peak isn’t as deep?

I guess. I never thought I had a short forehead but maybe I do. I've tried my wig on for fun at a place further back on my head and I look so much better. But my hairline is just too low so it would be showing a solid inch of my own hair which looks ridiculous.

I think I'll basically need to get bangs to cover it, remove the widows peak so my hairline is higher up, or not wear sheitels all together. It's been very frustrating!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:17 am
I lasered 12 years ago. Needed a few sessions maybe 4 or 5. Looked artificial for years, now the last year or so it looks so much better. Guess a few hairs did grow in but definitely not a widows peak.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:24 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
For me no matter what I have to wear the wig very low. How do you avoid that?
I get getting bangs, but how does it help to have an off-center part?

Because my widow's peak comes down in the center. Once the part is off center, the hairs on that side cover the peak. Overall I don't have a low hairline.

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:27 am
Lasered a very low hairline. I was only able to wear bangs before. I don't regret it.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:29 am
I never heard of such a thing until imamother. I find the thought simply horrifying.
I have had bangs on my sheitel for almost 20 years, my widows peak has never been an issue. I'm trying to figure out how it would show with bangs - I'm not understanding that

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:28 am
amother Grape wrote:
Because my widow's peak comes down in the center. Once the part is off center, the hairs on that side cover the peak. Overall I don't have a low hairline.

Same.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:11 am
No way.
Especially today with lace tops its no longer even an issue. Make your shaitel macher trace your hair line and finished.
Btw, halachically its considered facial hair and does not nned to be covered. Ask your lor. Dont take it from me or anybody on imamother.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:18 am
Nope. I have one, but I always liked it and never had a problem with wearing shaitels. I wear it just off center. I don’t wear my wig lower because of it.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:23 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
Exactly what I was saying.

The only way a widows peak looks normal is if you get a lace.
I don't have a lace so my widows peak is really annoying. I threaded for a while, but I hate maintaining.

I have a very pronounced widow speak that is very low and I have a lace and having rly big issues with it… I don’t think the lace was done well and wig keeps sliding back and widow speak sticks out and it looks ridiculous. I have to keep pushing it forward. It’s as if the wig just wants to sit back and is more comfortable that way…. Part of me just wants to get bangs and call it a day but idk. It’s a whole new style for me. For now I got a fall recently and just wear that bc it’s comfy and more me.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:29 am
amother Yellow wrote:
I never heard of such a thing until imamother. I find the thought simply horrifying.
I have had bangs on my sheitel for almost 20 years, my widows peak has never been an issue. I'm trying to figure out how it would show with bangs - I'm not understanding that

I don’t think bangs is the issue. That’s actually one of the solutions in my opinion to a low hair line. But not everyone looks good in bangs. I would love to just switch to bangs but idk if I can pull it off.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:41 am
Just started tweezing my widows peak as it was turning gray. I love it! Now I can wear my hair off my face.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics