Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Please hit me with your best DIET recipes
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:16 am
Not just healthy. I need diet. I must lose ten pounds by pesach.
Please help! Meals, snack, muffins etc. No fish please.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:55 am
What's the difference between a diet recipe and a healthy recipe?

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:12 am
Eat a cup of vegetable soup (not a cream based one!) before every meal.

Drink lots of water, cut soda and juice completely if you haven’t already.

Comptroller

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:15 am
Stir fry
salad
soup

Same principle: take 4-5 veggies, for a salad, for a soup, or for a stir fry
For stir fry add a protein (chicken, turkey).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:20 am
Comptroller wrote:
Stir fry
salad
soup

Same principle: take 4-5 veggies, for a salad, for a soup, or for a stir fry
For stir fry add a protein (chicken, turkey).

Any reciped?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:26 am
How people lose weight differs

I lose weight by eating what I call "clean" foods - I.e. steamed vegetables; a small portion of carb like plain sweet potatoes and a good size portion of animal protein like grilled fish or chicken breast.

I don't generally potchke too much with the veggies as I cook veggies I like and just season. If I am ambitious I roast a lot of veggies and even eat for snacks. I make a very good ratatouille which I keep in the refrigerator and also a gazpacho.

I have a lot of recipes that provide flavors to the chicken breast or fish with minimal fat or extra calories. Not difficult to make

I find I am best with larger quantity of lower calorie food (within limits of course) versus a small portion of a higher calorie food. Therefore I wouldn't eat lasagna or pasta because I would still be hungry versus the same number of calories in the form of a chicken breast/fish, veggie and small amount of carbs. A baked sweet potato or regular potato isn't that many calories and is very satisfy as a side.

ganmama

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:08 am
To lose 10lbs before Pesach you’ll need to be running a deficit of about 1000 calories per day… which is quite an intense deficit, and for many women would take you below a healthy caloric intake.

As far as healthy recipes… anything can be healthy, with some small tweaks. And some small swaps can make a big difference in your weight without feeling totally deprived.

Reducing the amount of oil you use when preparing food can sneakily reduce your calories (1 tbsp of olive oil is 120 calories).

The next easy swap is to stretch your carbs (I.e if you’re eating rice, take half a portion and add veggies to make up the volume. Or half pasta half zucchini noodles).

Another thing is to swap your sweet treats for things that have more nutritional value. Ex, instead of a chocolate bar have a sweet protein bar. Reach for a fruit instead of a sugar treat.

If you’re drinking juice or soda, then cut it out and you’ll have significantly reduced your calories and carb load.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:15 am
If you are extremely motivated to lose 10lbs by pesach look up the dunkan diet.
Basically you jump start your diet by eating only protein for a few days (you're allowed 2tbsp of oat bran to help with transit).
You then alternate days when you eat only protein or vegetables. It's pretty restrictive but it works. There's a list of food you can eat in unlimited amounts.
In the past I've done it by "cheating" and adding 2 since if ww bread for lunch while still losing weight.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:05 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
If you are extremely motivated to lose 10lbs by pesach look up the dunkan diet.
Basically you jump start your diet by eating only protein for a few days (you're allowed 2tbsp of oat bran to help with transit).
You then alternate days when you eat only protein or vegetables. It's pretty restrictive but it works. There's a list of food you can eat in unlimited amounts.
In the past I've done it by "cheating" and adding 2 since if ww bread for lunch while still losing weight.

Dukan?

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:10 am
I find oatmeal very filling for the calories, just don't add real sugar. Oatmeal + splenda + berries is good.

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:12 am
My best diet is replacing breakfast with just a protein coffee (they sell these in Israel in the refridgerated section, under 200 calories and 20 - 25 g protein), then having a regular sized lunch and dinner.

I just prefer to get the dieting part done early.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Not just healthy. I need diet. I must lose ten pounds by pesach.
Please help! Meals, snack, muffins etc. No fish please.

Does drinking lemon in water help?

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:50 am
lamplighter wrote:
What's the difference between a diet recipe and a healthy recipe?

Oh, I have alot to say on this.
I've been noticing more and more that cookbooks label recipes as "healthy " and then call for 3/4 sugar and 1 cup canola oil (that is most unhealthy oil) That is not healthy!!! And why does everyone think that brown sugar is healthier than white? I honestly don't know the story with the different flours if one is "healthier" than others, I've been hearing that ww isn't has healthy as people think. But for some reason - -and I know I'm crazy- it gets me all worked up and annoyed. Sugar and canola oil are not healthy!!!

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Clear wrote:
My best diet is replacing breakfast with just a protein coffee (they sell these in Israel in the refridgerated section, under 200 calories and 20 - 25 g protein), then having a regular sized lunch and dinner.

I just prefer to get the dieting part done early.

I wish. I don't get to choose when I diet, it's gotta be all day for me or else I am gaining.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:08 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Dukan?

Yes sorry for the typo.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:33 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
Oh, I have alot to say on this.
I've been noticing more and more that cookbooks label recipes as "healthy " and then call for 3/4 sugar and 1 cup canola oil (that is most unhealthy oil) That is not healthy!!! And why does everyone think that brown sugar is healthier than white? I honestly don't know the story with the different flours if one is "healthier" than others, I've been hearing that ww isn't has healthy as people think. But for some reason - -and I know I'm crazy- it gets me all worked up and annoyed. Sugar and canola oil are not healthy!!!

I am not sure what "healthy" recipes you are looking at but the cookbooks and websites I browse that have healthier options don't post recipes with these kinds of ingredients.

For example Cooking Light is a great source of healthier less caloric recipes and it doesn't have these kinds of recipes. Some websites will post "splurge" types of recipes but I have never seen them labeled as "healthy" but they will often add that it is fine to splurge or it is for some kind of holiday occasion when it is typical to splurge.

There are also cookbooks or websites with healthier recipes that concentrate on cuisines that are healthier like many of the so-called Mediterranean style cookbooks that generally are very flavorful and healthy for just about everyone.

I don't comment on recipes but I find many of the recipes posted as every day recipes to be incredibly unhealthy and set up children for a lifetime of food preferences that aren't healthy. Using huge amounts of duck sauce, ketchup is not the way to go since there are easy ways to make food flavorful without adding so much sugar into ones diet.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 1:53 pm
Get the book Food You Love by Rorie Weisberg. It's available on Amazon.

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:39 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I am not sure what "healthy" recipes you are looking at but the cookbooks and websites I browse that have healthier options don't post recipes with these kinds of ingredients.

For example Cooking Light is a great source of healthier less caloric recipes and it doesn't have these kinds of recipes. Some websites will post "splurge" types of recipes but I have never seen them labeled as "healthy" but they will often add that it is fine to splurge or it is for some kind of holiday occasion when it is typical to splurge.

There are also cookbooks or websites with healthier recipes that concentrate on cuisines that are healthier like many of the so-called Mediterranean style cookbooks that generally are very flavorful and healthy for just about everyone.

I don't comment on recipes but I find many of the recipes posted as every day recipes to be incredibly unhealthy and set up children for a lifetime of food preferences that aren't healthy. Using huge amounts of duck sauce, ketchup is not the way to go since there are easy ways to make food flavorful without adding so much sugar into ones diet.

Miriam pascal has a recipe for "healthy muffins" and a pancake something that she labeled as healthy and has alot of sugar and oil in it. There is not one ingredient that is healthy or diet friendly. Pure pumpkin? Add a cup of sugar and it's not healthy anymore...
The recipe is good, but in no way healthy.
There are a few others, but I can't think of those. My problem is when it's labeled healthy and not "light".
Susie fishbein's "lightens up" has a really good brownie recipe. Her intro to the recipe is that it's not healthy or "light" but there is half the amount of sugar in it than usual brownie recipes and it's good treat.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:50 pm
I wasn't asking what the difference was, I was asking OP what the difference is or means to her.

To me diet recipes have lots of fake ingredients and healthy recipes have whole/clean ingredients but I was curious what she was looking for.

The truth is it's losing weight is not about what you do eat it's more about what you don't eat (dieting/losing weight not health per se).

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 2:55 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
Miriam pascal has a recipe for "healthy muffins" and a pancake something that she labeled as healthy and has alot of sugar and oil in it. There is not one ingredient that is healthy or diet friendly. Pure pumpkin? Add a cup of sugar and it's not healthy anymore...
The recipe is good, but in no way healthy.
There are a few others, but I can't think of those. My problem is when it's labeled healthy and not "light".
Susie fishbein's "lightens up" has a really good brownie recipe. Her intro to the recipe is that it's not healthy or "light" but there is half the amount of sugar in it than usual brownie recipes and it's good treat.

I don’t really consider muffin to be particularly healthy although I imagine there are some that have very Spartan ingredients and I have made baked oatmeal which is a bit like a muffin because you can eat it as a slice.

Pancakes aren’t necessarily unhealthy and can obvious be made slightly healthier but pancakes generally don’t have a huge amount of either sugar or fat until you add butter or syrup.

I don’t really look for healthier versions of dessert types of foods because I think they should be viewed as a splurge and it’s better to really enjoy the best quality. A lot of the diet cookies etc are actually counter productive in terms of what people wind up eating.

In terms of healthy eating I think the best is to try to do healthier stuff on a regular basis and have fruit for a snack instead of a brownie and then have a wonderful brownie for a special dessert.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise