Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Survey Sites
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 2:48 pm
I’ve seen different survey sites mentioned here multiple times for a side hustle.

Can anyone help me with the names?

Is there any other recommendation that you can help me with for side Income?

We are drowning quite literally.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 3:16 pm
I use Swagbucks for surveys and other activities.

I also use cashback sites when shopping including MrRebates and Rakuten

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
I use Swagbucks for surveys and other activities.

I also use cashback sites when shopping including MrRebates and Rakuten

Thank you.

I know there were two or three more.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:49 pm
Prolific! I’ve earned around $200 a month since joining in November. It’s the highest paying survey site. People in the US get the most surveys but the UK does pretty well too.

They have a wait list but you can get lucky and get accepted quickly.

https://www.prolific.com/

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:57 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Prolific! I’ve earned around $200 a month since joining in November. It’s the highest paying survey site. People in the US get the most surveys but the UK does pretty well too.

I got accepted to prolific last week, and the first few days I had a lot of studies, but now I have none. It keeps saying "waiting for studies." Is this the norm?

watergirl

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:03 pm
I’ve been doing CloudResearch.
The trick is, you have to keep refreshing your screen over and over again. There are a ton of people on the site and they snap the surveys up really really fast. You cannot wait until you get an email that you qualify for a survey because by the time you click on it, it will absolutely be full already.

Cloudresearch is associated with prolific.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:19 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
I got accepted to prolific last week, and the first few days I had a lot of studies, but now I have none. It keeps saying "waiting for studies." Is this the norm?

Congrats on getting in!

Where are you located? If you’re not from the US or UK then you can go some time without any surveys from what I hear. How long has it been since you got your last survey?

Were any of your surveys rejected? You get kicked off the site if you have an approval rate of less than 90% which is easy to have happen if you mess up on a survey early on in your time on the site. You can check if a survey was rejected by looking through your submissions.

Try using your phone’s data instead of WiFi and reloading the page to make sure the WiFi isn’t flagged in their system.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Congrats on getting in!

Where are you located? If you’re not from the US or UK then you can go some time without any surveys from what I hear. How long has it been since you got your last survey?

Were any of your surveys rejected? You get kicked off the site if you have an approval rate of less than 90% which is easy to have happen if you mess up on a survey early on in your time on the site. You can check if a survey was rejected by looking through your submissions.

Try using your phone’s data instead of WiFi and reloading the page to make sure the WiFi isn’t flagged in their system.

I did 21 surveys, 1 was rejected, 5 are still awaiting review but the rest were approved

I'm in New York

I don't have good phone date
I was really counting on this to make side cash, I'm upset I already got flagged

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:43 pm
I did 21 surveys, 1 was rejected, 5 are still awaiting review but the rest were approved

I'm in New York

I don't have good phone date
I was really counting on this to make side cash, I'm upset I already got flagged

Oy it might be the rejection causing the issue. Why was it rejected? I can look up in prolific’s rules whether the reason for rejection was valid or not and help you draft a message to the researchers. If you can convince them to return it instead of rejecting it then you would just not get paid for that survey but your account wouldn’t be flagged anymore.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:45 pm
Why would something be rejected?

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:49 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Why would something be rejected?

A few reasons. The site wants to provide high quality research so if someone completes a survey and misses an attention check which is a question specifically designed to make sure the participant is reading every word of the questions, they will get rejected. For example they’ll put a paragraph of writing about a topic and in middle they’ll write a sentence telling you to select a specific wrong answer in the question below. If you just skimmed the paragraph, you’d miss that line and choose a different option which would show them that you’re not giving the survey enough attention.

Another reason could be if you complete a survey way too quickly. They then suspect that you may be using AI to complete it.

This page has more info about the reasons a survey can be rejected - https://participant-help.proli.....ected

I’ve been on the site a few months and BH have not gotten any rejections. It’s really more in the beginning when you’re at risk of getting rejections because you don’t know to read as carefully as you need to. If a researcher wrongly rejects you, you can open a case with prolific and they can make the researcher take back the rejection.

amother
Nemesia

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 8:02 pm
I still haven’t been excepted to prolific. I’m still waiting and really hoping that they will except me..

But I’m using cloud research and it’s pretty good I think

anyone knows of any other surveys site that’s actually good and doesn’t make you download things??

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 8:05 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:

Did you have to submit your drivers license? I got accepted but that's what's stopping me from completing my profile

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 8:09 pm
amother Holly wrote:
Did you have to submit your drivers license? I got accepted but that's what's stopping me from completing my profile

Yes, I did. They use an independent vendor to confirm your drivers license info to make sure you’re a real person. Universities like Harvard (🤮) use their site, it’s very legit. They need to provide quality data, the drivers license is a necessary part of that.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 8:14 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Yes, I did. They use an independent vendor to confirm your drivers license info to make sure you’re a real person. Universities like Harvard (🤮) use their site, it’s very legit. They need to provide quality data, the drivers license is a necessary part of that.

Got it. Thanks, I'll look into it again

watergirl

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:44 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I still haven’t been excepted to prolific. I’m still waiting and really hoping that they will except me..

But I’m using cloud research and it’s pretty good I think

anyone knows of any other surveys site that’s actually good and doesn’t make you download things??

I believe that you cannot Have accounts with both sites because I think they are associated with each other.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:22 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
Oy it might be the rejection causing the issue. Why was it rejected? I can look up in prolific’s rules whether the reason for rejection was valid or not and help you draft a message to the researchers. If you can convince them to return it instead of rejecting it then you would just not get paid for that survey but your account wouldn’t be flagged anymore.

The reason for rejection was that I failed attention check, so I guess I deserved it

Truthfully I usually did the surveys at night when my kids were asleep. Then one day I decided to do some in the afternoon when they were around and I guess I got distracted and messed up on one.

Just frustrating that now I will never be able to do it just because of one mistake

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:33 am
The reason for rejection was that I failed attention check, so I guess I deserved it

Truthfully I usually did the surveys at night when my kids were asleep. Then one day I decided to do some in the afternoon when they were around and I guess I got distracted and messed up on one.

Just frustrating that now I will never be able to do it just because of one mistake

You should try messaging the researcher to ask if they can please return the survey instead of rejecting. You can also ask them to tell you what the attention check that you failed was. Prolific has very specific rules about attention checks, for example if a survey is longer than 5 minutes, you would have to fail 2 attention checks for a rejection to be allowed. If they tell you what the attention check was then hopefully you can find a way to invalidate their rejection.

The rules for attention checks can be found here - https://researcher-help.prolif.....1ODc0

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:59 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
You should try messaging the researcher to ask if they can please return the survey instead of rejecting. You can also ask them to tell you what the attention check that you failed was. Prolific has very specific rules about attention checks, for example if a survey is longer than 5 minutes, you would have to fail 2 attention checks for a rejection to be allowed. If they tell you what the attention check was then hopefully you can find a way to invalidate their rejection.

The rules for attention checks can be found here - https://researcher-help.prolif.....1ODc0

I guess I can try but I think I fully deserved the rejection in this case so I'm not sure it's worth fighting

It's just frustrating that no one will give me a second chance

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:20 am
I guess I can try but I think I fully deserved the rejection in this case so I'm not sure it's worth fighting

It's just frustrating that no one will give me a second chance

It’s 100% worth fighting because it’s probably your only chance to get back on the site. They really may give you a second chance if you try. I’m active on prolific’s subreddit and there really is potential for them to be nice and return it to you because you asked politely, or for you to overturn the rejection if the attention check wasn’t per prolific’s rules. It’s happened to many people. It’s really worth messaging them.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics