Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Dd is toilet trained and wets only at home, not at school

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:53 pm
Can someone explain what the proper approach to this is on a parenting and practical note?
Dd is 2.5 and has been toilet trained for about 5 weeks. Shes only occassioanly asked to go like at week 2 or 3 of the process but by now she stopped and I make sure to take her every 1.5 - 2 hours... but if I forget or get pre-occupied with my other kids she wets and doesnt even feel bad about it. The odd thing is that in school the teachers tell me she asks to go... im gathering that its her way of connecting and getting attention from me.... but id much rather give it to her on a positive moment (if it would just be my choice) any insight on how to handle this and get her to ask? Shes already been getting goodies for making on the toilet...

TIA

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 9:57 pm
I had this with my child. Was perfect in school and would wet themselves at home with 1 and 2. Just patience and bribery. Oh, and crying while cleaning. But I’m not sure how much that helped. (It was a lot)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:04 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I had this with my child. Was perfect in school and would wet themselves at home with 1 and 2. Just patience and bribery. Oh, and crying while cleaning. But I’m not sure how much that helped. (It was a lot)

OP here...
What do you mean by :crying while cleaning?" You made yourself cry out loud??? or maybe you didnt have to make yourself... LOL

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:05 pm
Maybe her Morah helps her and she likes the one on one attention. Try giving her attention when she goes at home and Less attention when she misses.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:06 pm
Good question: I didn’t have to make myself. And I didn’t in front of kids. But picture yourself following every book and every tip and child conveniently only made right in front of potty after getting up.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I run thin after so many 1 and 2 cleanups.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Maybe her Morah helps her and she likes the one on one attention. Try giving her attention when she goes at home and Less attention when she misses.

OP here.I asked her morah recently if she takes her or she asks to go... and she said that both. Believe you me she still gets loads of attention each time she goes... should I do a dance too after each trip??? Like what does the kid want from me???

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 10:08 pm
I had that my dd was 2.2 months. Going nicely at school and having accidents on the floor at home. I had to make sure to remember to put her on or she wld go on the floor. Finally she’s 2.6 now she asks to go. I was so excited I think it’s a maturity thing and in school she wld see everyone going plus the toilets there are kiddie sized.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:34 pm
OP here...'
THis is so mind boggling... im literally losing it... even if I take her every hour she can still wet before the hour... Should I get a portable potty and leave it accessible for her to use at her convenience or should I put her on pull ups at home?
What bothers me most is that shes not even bothered by her wet pants... she doesnt even come to tell me... but she knows shes wet cuz if I come close to her she will say "my panty isnt wet" - with a smirk on her face...

I dont find that punishing helps for her either...

Im out of ideas...

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP here...'
THis is so mind boggling... im literally losing it... even if I take her every hour she can still wet before the hour... Should I get a portable potty and leave it accessible for her to use at her convenience or should I put her on pull ups at home?
What bothers me most is that shes not even bothered by her wet pants... she doesnt even come to tell me... but she knows shes wet cuz if I come close to her she will say "my panty isnt wet" - with a smirk on her face...

I dont find that punishing helps for her either...

Im out of ideas...

I know someone like that she started to put her kid on a diaper when she came home for a few months. After a few months she tried at home and it worked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics