Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
MM to Ganenot and Morot in Israel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:10 am
I think people give wine and chocolate and money to rebbeim in cheder, right? But in my girls' ganim and classes someone always collects money so I have never given anything of my own. But I've seen that others do. Makes sense because the 10 shekels or whatever per kid doesn't amount to much of a thank you. So do you give to the class collection and also give something of your own? If so, what do you give? A regular MM? A fancier type like wine or something? Do you include money or a gift card or anything else? Don't want to have the only kid coming empty-handed.

girlinjerusalem

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:15 am
I give my regular mm but instead of a cheap bag I give it in a nice dish they can keep (I bought for 15 shekel from zol stock)

Success10

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:17 am
I just chip in with the class. If it was a very special or influential teacher, I give something at the end of the year.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:20 am
You can give a a regular mm like a box of chocolates etc.
Or just a gift - that is what im doing they dont need my food id rather spend the money on a gift.
Write a nice note I guess with the class mm there are no personal notes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:51 am
Thanks all, this is helpful. Looks like I can really get away with anything. Is that also for a gan and also a kid in (Beit yaakov) school?

salt

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:05 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks all, this is helpful. Looks like I can really get away with anything. Is that also for a gan and also a kid in (Beit yaakov) school?

If there is a class (school) or gan collection I never give anything extra.
I always found that it was the minority that gave something on their own in addition.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:25 am
I give a small token one. This year I am doing a mini red coffee jar, red chocolate bar, and a few toffees that match the color scheme. I don't think you have to though, it adds up with all the rebbes and class gifts...

My issue is I can never work out how many morahs there are! Seems to be two in the morning and then tzaharon is a balagan... My daughter told me there was one tzaharon Morah before I went mm shopping, then when I came back she said there were three!?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics