Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Where's ur purim prep up to?
1  2  Next

Where's your purim prep at?
Thought of theme but didn't do any prep yet  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Have costumes but no MM shopping or prep yet  
 11%  [ 24 ]
Started shopping already have SOME things I need  
 34%  [ 72 ]
I didn't even think of purim or themes yet  
 9%  [ 20 ]
Didn't do any shopping yet. (That's what next Thursday and Friday will be fof)  
 4%  [ 9 ]
Started baking already if doing homemads  
 4%  [ 10 ]
Everything is shopped for and/ planned  
 25%  [ 53 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 206

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:31 am
Just curious if anyone else is going crazy they didn't finish shopping or prepping yet

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 7:35 am
Haven’t really thought about Purim . My husband left me two weeks ago. My life has been hell for the past 20 years but now it’s even worse . I don’t even know when Purim is .

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:22 am
Got the costumes, ordered supplies I need to make MM except food items which I’ll take care of buying over the weekend and assembling them

Normally I’d have been done a month ago, but I’m due right after Purim so I’ve been focusing on pesach prep

BatyaEsther

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:23 am
amother Hosta wrote:
Haven’t really thought about Purim . My husband left me two weeks ago. My life has been hell for the past 20 years but now it’s even worse . I don’t even know when Purim is .

Sending you wishes for nechama. I can’t imagine how hard a time this must be.
May you very soon have a nachafochu and may your life be filled with joy, love, feelings of peace, safety & security, and bracha.
Kol Tov

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:28 am
Bought costumes for the most part. Still need to finish them up and buy coordinated bags/boxes for some of them. I have to finish teacher mm and figure out family mm.

Had a baby last week so first focusing on bris and then next week will be Purim iyh.

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:37 am
I have 3/4 of costumes.

I started on the homemade preps and got more ingredients but still have plenty more to get done.

I got some boxes but not all because store was out of it, and keep checking in if they got more every few days, so keep going back couple of times for same thing.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:45 am
I've cancelled Purim. Very Happy LOL Very Happy

I'm halfway through Pesach cleaning. Hiding Hiding
(There is a good reason, because I need to turn over at least ten days early this year.)

We'll do Purim next week.

We don't do themes or poems anyway, and older children are responsible for their own costumes.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:09 am
I have costumes
Shaloch manos are almost all tied up.
Need to cook

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:14 am
Costumes is the big fun part for my family and we always have ours over a month early.

MM I don't do anything special at all. A day or two before Purim I'll buy a few packages of mini candy bars.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:36 am
I'm at the chilled stage - my girls take care of their own costumes - usually some sort of sweatshirt. I started my baking, but haven't finished yet due to no space in my freezer - I'm making Sheva Brachos tonight for my nephew, so once that's cleared out I can finish up my Purim baking.
I'm having Purim Seuda with my sister, and the things I am making (sides of salmon, dips, hot vegetable) are the last minute by nature, so no pressure right now for that.
The thing that is a bit stressful is my teen thinks she's giving mm to the whole planet - OK, half her grade and some - and she really needs to scale those numbers down. And decide what she wants to put in them and how to package them. And I need to take her shopping. Joy.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 9:56 am
Costumes are purchased.
MM will be done next week- I don’t know why people feel the need to get it done a month early. I don’t really have space for it and it takes one night.
Seuda we are going away Smile

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:08 am
amother Green wrote:
Costumes are purchased.
MM will be done next week- I don’t know why people feel the need to get it done a month early. I don’t really have space for it and it takes one night.
Seuda we are going away Smile

I feel like since there were two adars this year people have been in a purim mood for a while so I went ahead and got a lot of it done. Just felt like I had more time than usual. I’m usually in a last minute night before panic which is really not fun. Every year I say I’ll do it earlier and finally this year I have. It’s such a relief.

essie14

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:17 am
Costumes are all bought.
bags for MM are bought,to go with our theme.
Haven't bought anything to go inside yet.
Tentatively planned menu for seuda.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:21 am
I have all the costume components already at home or ordered. My teenager makes her own costumes, so once I get her the supplies she's on her own.

We have our theme ironed out and know what we're making, but we haven't started cooking/baking yet. I'm not worried though.

scruffy

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:25 am
Costumes are done.

I bought all of the packaging I need for mm, still need labels done and some components.

Menu is planned for seuda.

This all took much more stress than I thought it would.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:48 am
Literally nothing yet. Havent thoight og costumes, seuda, mm. Nothing.
I complety forgot about purim coming.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 10:51 am
My youngest dc has her costume, container and we will iyh shop grocery tonight.

I have no idea what I will give out. I usually do iced coffee, Danish and a chocolate. I wanted to do something different. I try to keep it under $2.50 since we give out to many.

My older kids are also last minute.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:13 pm
Out family is aging out of themes, only 2 high school boys at home. Bought most of the Shalach monos, wine too, just need to get something to go with wine for Rebbis and Rabbis.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 5:39 pm
I thought about Purim, but didn't get much further than that because I need money to buy the stuff to actually prepare anything, and that we don't have yet.

I live OOT and am driving tomorrow IYH to buy Shalach Manos supplies (very limited local options) and hopefully Hashem will provide by then! Smile (Hashem is always reliable, but not always on my timetable.)

relaxation

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:03 pm
voted other. Didnt do any shopping yet and we never do themes etc. not our type.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics