Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Sod Hadam Past Participants
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:46 am
For those of you who have taken this course, how are you doing down the line? Are you still a "changed person"? Or were the results temporary??

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 6:51 am
I would love to know the same. I never took any courses, but heard this one is different.

I only want to do it if it can help me get over resentment I have towards my sils. I'm married over 20 years, and even though we get along, I find myself still upset at them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:09 am
Bump

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:39 am
I took her course and just want to say before you take the course please listen to a free demo...I found her talking very slow annoying and dropped the course...so wanna save others money as no one warned me about her slow talking.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 8:57 am
amother Apricot wrote:
I took her course and just want to say before you take the course please listen to a free demo...I found her talking very slow annoying and dropped the course...so wanna save others money as no one warned me about her slow talking.

Thanks for being honest. She was my teacher years ago so I'm familiar with how she talks.
I want to know if the people who said it was life-changing still feel that way a few years later...have the effects stayed with them?

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:14 am
amother Apricot wrote:

Thanks for letting me know. My time and my adhd would not tolerate slow talking..

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 11:17 am
I only did first level and it was amazing
It definitely gave me a new understanding
Electricblue what type of stuff do your inlaws do

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:01 pm
Anyone else??

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 12:17 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
I only did first level and it was amazing
It definitely gave me a new understanding
Electricblue what type of stuff do your inlaws do

My mil is the nicest person, but she is not well lately.

My sis in laws (hub 2 sisters) were always sneaking and telling my husband things privately. In the beginning I tried pleasing them, but it took me a while to realize they would never accept me. They feel they can 'own' their brother without including me. It bothered me bc they are very convincing and manipulative. And he would take their side over mine.

They always have gossip on everyone...this one should get divorced. Etc
Funny how they talk on each others, but if anyone has an issue with one, they gang up together.

One told me the other one is very jealous of me. I tried disconnecting, but every time I kept to myself, they started getting suspicious.

They always find excuses to call my husband secretly. They would grill him for all kinds of information. Where I'm sending my kids, when I'm buying a house, if I'm pregnant... They would never share their own stuff. Only them giving my husband advice, as if I'm incapable of making my own decisions.

At this point, my husband knows how crazy they are, as he has seen them getting involved in his brother's marriages. I keep telling myself who cares- they are unhealthy. But I wish I wouldn't even care or be annoyed with them.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:11 am
That sounds difficult, if you want to put in effort it can help
I have a difficult relationship with some of my inlaws and try keep a distance

lotta

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 1:33 pm
The second level is more practical and kind of goes in through osmosis, so it becomes a part of you. Can't compare my previous year Erev Pesach! This year it's coming in so relaxed. The real work is on yourself. Automatically those around you are positively impacted.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 2:16 pm
Third year in and it absolutely changed me for the better I'm so grateful to have the privilege to be on this journey with her

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:32 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Third year in and it absolutely changed me for the better I'm so grateful to have the privilege to be on this journey with her

I always hear this.
My sil and friend took it. They swear they are a different person. However they still gets upset when something triggers them.

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:47 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
I always hear this.
My sil and friend took it. They swear they are a different person. However they still gets upset when something triggers them.

Just because they still have triggers doesn't mean they haven't changed. We will all be working on ourselves until 120 - if you are still here on this world, that's your clear proof that you have more work to do.

The course definitely helped me in many areas. Yes, I still have triggers. But many of my other triggers are either gone or decreased greatly in intensity.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:53 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Just because they still have triggers doesn't mean they haven't changed. We will all be working on ourselves until 120 - if you are still here on this world, that's your clear proof that you have more work to do.

The course definitely helped me in many areas. Yes, I still have triggers. But many of my other triggers are either gone or decreased greatly in intensity.

What number year are you? I’m in my first year and fell off th wagon at lesson 10 😩have to get back

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 4:57 pm
It was really nice course and id want to do it again if would have the money. Effects weren't long lasting its the type you would need to relearn hence me wanting to take course again but I'm not in a position for it now financially.

lotta

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:01 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
I always hear this.

Elctricblue, you made me smile. Smile Halevei it's as magical as pressing a button or taking a pill!

The first step is acknowledging that they get upset and being okay with it. Change happens when you accept yourself in the place that you are currently in, yet believe you have the potential to be better.

Real inner work is a process. It's not overnight. The more you find yourself and peel the layers, the more wholesome you feel with you. It's not external things happening.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:07 pm
I took it and it was helpful but didn’t last. Not sure if it’s because I’m highly sensitive and more intense. I’ve been doing the self-regulated life with the guttman sisters and I’m finding that the work I do there is sticking more. It’s more individualized and less expensive. It give me the freedom to internalize and implement.

lotta

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
It was really nice course and id want to do it again if would have the money. Effects weren't long lasting its the type you would need to relearn hence me wanting to take course again but I'm not in a position for it now financially.

Did you take level 1 only? That's the technical understanding. Once you do level 2 and start doing the work for you, that's where change happens. That's what I saw, and hear from all those who take it. It's not all about targul emun... It's so so so much deeper and so beautiful.

Whatever path you and OP choose for growth, may Hashem send you the means and to the right direction.

Last edited by lotta on Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 5:08 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I took it and it was helpful but didn’t last. Not sure if it’s because I’m highly sensitive and more intense. I’ve been doing the self-regulated life with the guttman sisters and I’m finding that the work I do there is sticking more. It’s more individualized and less expensive. It give me the freedom to internalize and implement.

I’m considering this next. Is it overwhelming? I find their information overwhelming even though probably so so helpful.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics