Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/o cleaning help can’t afford
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:43 pm
Anyone else here do all of pesach themselves?? No option in my book for cleaning help (let alone for pesach food, we hardly manage regular food during the month).

I don’t get the extra obsession with cleaning help, just clean on your own

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:45 pm
Yup!

It was funny to me how the on the other threads some moms were complaining that they can't afford to raise the cleaning lady's pay to ensure she will stay with them and not go to someone else

And I'm thinking lady you're miles ahead of me...I cant afford any cleaning help at all

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:47 pm
Yup. Even when I had help, it was only 2 hours a week and she usually cancelled. When she did come, I never had her do anything heavy, just the usual work.

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:47 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Yup!

It was funny to me how the on the other threads some moms were complaining that they can't afford to raise the cleaning lady's pay to ensure she will stay with them and not go to someone else

And I'm thinking lady you're miles ahead of me...I cant afford any cleaning help at all

Thanks for commiserating and I’m sorry. But really nothing wrong with cleaning on our own, lfum Tzara Agra

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:48 pm
Me too. But you make it sound easy. For me it's a big job and wish I had help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:49 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:

It’s a huge job. I also wish I had help.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:50 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:

What made is easier for me was learning the halachos with dh. Most of what people do is really not necessary according to halacha.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:51 pm
I do it on my own, it's not that terrible!
BH for DH, he's a great help, and I try to keep a positive attitude with the rest.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
What made is easier for me was learning the halachos with dh. Most of what people do is really not necessary according to halacha.

Ya I do very minimal. But it’s still a huge job, I’m just overwhelmed with work and regular household stuff as it is. But Hashem helps somehow and every year we go into a beautiful yomtov with the house properly pesachdik

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:55 pm
Dh and I do all the cleaning, with a bit of help from the kids. But if I could afford help I definitely would do it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:20 pm
There's just no way I can do it on my own! Bh my husband is really good about pitching in, and as my kids got older, they are amazing as well.

I never give the cleaning lady Pesach cleaning ! (In the years that I had). I don't understand how anyone trusts them, I don't. The year that I had a difficult pregnancy and let my cleaning lady clean my toys... I found pretzels in one of the toy boxes after Pesach.

The best investment I ever made in Pesach cleaning was a steam cleaner. Costs around 100 dollars and lasts for years! Worth its weight in gold!

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:24 pm
No paid cleaning help for me! Dh and the kids do most of it while I'm at work. And I do the shopping and cooking. As long as everyone pitches in its manageable. We also don't go crazy doing a whole spring cleaning.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:31 pm
Can I get a raise for my extra hours put in before Pesach? I am my own cleaning lady... I deserve a raise LOL

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:45 pm
I really think this is cultural. Even when I was very tight financially, I had some cleaning help. I consider it a necessity. I currently have 10 hours a week which is less than almost everyone I know. I can count on one hand the people I know who don’t have cleaning help.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:49 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
I really think this is cultural. Even when I was very tight financially, I had some cleaning help. I consider it a necessity. I currently have 10 hours a week which is less than almost everyone I know. I can count on one hand the people I know who don’t have cleaning help.

It’s a necessity for me too. I just literally have no way to pay for it. Literally.

Wow, well that makes me feel great, that all the people you know have help. What’s the purpose of sharing that?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:54 pm
I hv once a week but not for pesach cleaning.
I do that myself. I find it easier on my own.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:56 pm
amother Lilac wrote:

So if you had no money for food and clothing you still would NEED cleaning help?

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:16 pm
amother Lilac wrote:

Almost everyone you know has more than 10 hours of cleaning help? :scratching headits a cultural thing? I assume you either live in a very wealthy neighborhood or in a (3rd world?) country where house-help is very cheap.

I'm with you, OP

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:16 pm
I don’t really use my cleaning help for pesach. I like doing everything on my own.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:18 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Almost everyone you know has more than 10 hours of cleaning help? :scratching headits a cultural thing? I assume you either live in a very wealthy neighborhood or in a (3rd world?) country where house-help is very cheap.

I'm with you, OP

I also live in a place where most people have more than ten hours cleaning help a week.

I guess there are a lot of Jewish wealthy neighborhoods, boruch Hashem...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette