Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Beware what babysitter you send to!
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:26 am
Today I was telling my long time cleaning lady that I am looking for a babysitter for my baby that will bez be born soon.
She told me to be careful where I send.

She said that her very good friend works at a jewish daycare locally, and the boss jewish lady has 25 babies in total. She doesn't tell other mothers. She divides them in different rooms, takes them at different times.
She said that any baby or toddler who cries is put into the bathroom with a closed door. She goes out shopping often and leaves them with this spanish caretaker, or chills at her house, and is only there for dropoff and pickup, where she tells the mothers how cute and good their kids are.

Nothing left to be said. My baby will be home with me (I work from home) and I will hire someone under my watch.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:28 am
amother OP wrote:
Today I was telling my long time cleaning lady that I am looking for a babysitter for my baby that will bez be born soon.

She said that her very good friend works at a jewish daycare locally, and the boss jewish lady has 25 babies in total. She doesn't tell other mothers. She divides them in different rooms, takes them at different times.
She said that any baby or toddler who cries is put into the bathroom with a closed door. She goes out shopping often and leaves them with this spanish caretaker, or chills at her house, and is only there for dropoff and pickup, where she tells the mothers how cute and good their kids are.

Nothing left to be said. My baby will be home with me (I work from home) and I will hire someone under my watch.

I’m all for being a sahm, but one horror story doesn’t mean you shouldn’t send. Just thoroughly check out the place first and during the whole time your baby is there.

FWIW I don’t like send my littles out until 1. And my babysitter is amazing and trustworthy and really competent.

But I always walk into her house, walk to get my baby from the crib. She lets me walk around, isn’t hiding anything. If she wouldn’t let me in I wouldn’t send.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:29 am
That's horrible. I don't believe most babysitters do that. I personally don't send my babys out till about a year and I am careful with who I send to at that point.

I also send to someone who I can walk into their house, bring late, not so strict with pickup and drop off. I like to know nothing is hiding.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:30 am
OP, you should really ask her which babysitter that is, so that you can spread awareness. I think you have a responsibility here.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:31 am
Here we go again...

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:32 am
Is this babysitter in Lakewood?

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:34 am
amother Wheat wrote:
OP, you should really ask her which babysitter that is, so that you can spread awareness. I think you have a responsibility here.

The problem is when posters post a name, other posters say that it’s not true and demand proof.

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:36 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
The problem is when posters post a name, other posters say that it’s not true and demand proof.

Or yell LH, LH!!

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:37 am
So op who works from home and prob wouldn't send to a babysitter anyway engaged in a conversation with her cleaning lady whose friend said....

Sorry don't believe this story. I feel like this is yet another thread to warn the moms about horrors of babysitters In a creative way.

amother
Chicory

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:38 am
amother OP wrote:

What's the point of this post? To discredit every babysitter and make every mother feel guilty?

You don't say where you live even so how is this psa supposed to help? I understand that you won't/can't name this babysitter so then no point in saying anything.

And anyway why are you taking the babysitters employees friends words as absolute truth without verifying?

keeptrying

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:40 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
So op who works from home and prob wouldn't send to a babysitter anyway engaged in a conversation with her cleaning lady whose friend said....

Sorry don't believe this story. I feel like this is yet another thread to warn the moms about horrors of babysitters In a creative way.

I 💯 believe it. I’ve also heard of some horror stories from my cleaning lady who has a friend who worked at fanniys.
This does happen unfortunately and mothers bury their heads in the sand when they choose convenient hours and cheap rates over their baby. There needs to be more awareness, it’s a huge problem.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:40 am
keeptrying wrote:
I 💯 believe it. I’ve also heard of some horror stories from my cleaning lady who has a friend who worked at fanniys.
This does happen unfortunately and mothers bury their heads in the sand when they choose convenient hours and cheap rates over their baby. There needs to be more awareness, it’s a huge problem.

If you are so concerned about awareness do something else besides for posting here

keeptrying

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:41 am
amother Chicory wrote:
What's the point of this post? To discredit every babysitter and make every mother feel guilty?

You don't say where you live even so how is this psa supposed to help? I understand that you won't/can't name this babysitter so then no point in saying anything.

And anyway why are you taking the babysitters employees friends words as absolute truth without verifying?

How was her cleaning lady supposed to verify the story? Wouldn’t you trust someone who has literally zero benefit?

keeptrying

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:42 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
If you are so concerned about awareness do something else besides for posting here

Why are you assuming that I am the one that’s posting about her?

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:44 am
keeptrying wrote:
Why are you assuming that I am the one that’s posting about her?

You just wrote "there needs to be more awareness it's a huge problem".

amother
Chicory

keeptrying wrote:
How was her cleaning lady supposed to verify the story? Wouldn’t you trust someone who has literally zero benefit?

Not the cleaning lady. The Op. She should find out if there's any truth to it before sending out a psa.

Zero benefit? Maybe she just likes to gossip.

amother
OP

The point of the post is what you see in the title.

Awareness, importance of verification, and so on.

If the story is untrue and my cleaning lady dreamed it at night, great. The point remains a point.

This is not to discredit all babysitters at all. Nothing like that was mentioned on this post.

If you don't believe it, don't. Nobody is asking or forcing you to.

The importance of verifying the safety and advocating for your children remains.

Amarante

From what I have read, everyone should drop in unexpectedly from time to time to make sure that the day care/baby sitter is not providing a Potemkin village type of show.

If the babysitter does not permit, that would be a red flag.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:45 am
amother OP wrote:
The point of the post is what you see in the title.

Awareness, importance of verification, and so on.

If the story is untrue and my cleaning lady dreamed it at night, great. The point remains a point.

This is not to discredit all babysitters at all. Nothing like that was mentioned on this post.

If you don't believe it, don't. Nobody is asking or forcing you to.

The importance of verifying the safety and advocating for your children remains.

Because most moms don't try to send their babies to a safe babysitter Banging head

keeptrying

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:45 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
You just wrote "there needs to be more awareness it's a huge problem".

And doesn’t posting on the site bring awareness? I’m confused. And for the record I’m not the one who starting all these threads.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics