Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
For fun- what did you splurge on for YT?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:39 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Really can’t think of anything. Gifts aren’t my love language so I guess that includes gifts to myself? I don’t ascribe much value to material items, cheap or expensive.
Bh we have what we need and more.

Ha your username!

giftedmom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:40 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Ha your username!

Ha! Bh those are priceless gifts!

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:41 pm
I'm getting myself new tichels for yt

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Disclaimer and warning…

Enter this thread at your own risk.

I’m ok with getting tomatoes for this. I just don’t enjoy all the frugal competition threads on this board. If this is not your cup of tea then please skip this thread, I do not wish for anyone to get hurt or take offense.

So… I bought my 3 year old a designer dress for YT for $165. I know I’ll get a lot of hate for it, but the rest of her outfits were like $35 annd down (yay past season) and I only have one girl.

The material is gorgeous, the fit is perfect and I get a secret thrill when I look at it. She has a really cute stomach that made lot of dresses too tight on her and this just cuts her in such a nice way.

(Don’t worry, I pay full tuition, give tzedakah and paid with my debit.)

What about you? Bonus if it was something you splurged on yourself.. because jokes on me my outfits are no near as expensive.

Can you post a pic of the dress. Looking for something like this for my 3 yo for my sons bar mitzva

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 9:54 pm
I got some tichels and a dress for myself!

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:15 pm
amother Milk wrote:
That was me! And I feel the same about leben. But it’s so nice to see that B”H Hashem gave people the means to splurge. Chasdei Hashem.

Just decided I am splurging and buying myself a shaar Ha bitachon.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:19 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I'm not sure why my post got hugged. I'm genuinely happy for OP. And bH while we don't have money for extras, we have enough for all that we need. I don't feel poor just because I need to watch what I spend at the grocery. BH there is money to spend there and I'm not relying on handouts!

I’m speaking for myself but doesn’t hugs mean support and love towards the poster ? I always hug posts when I read them and feel positive feels or of course if someone posts something sad or terrible or tragic. I’ve seen people comment how they’re annoyed or insulted when someone hugs their posts. Why?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:21 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
I’m speaking for myself but doesn’t hugs mean support and love towards the poster ? I always hug posts when I read them and feel positive feels or of course if someone posts something sad or terrible or tragic. I’ve seen people comment how they’re annoyed or insulted when someone hugs their posts. Why?

Because hugging is a dislike button on imamother

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:28 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Because hugging is a dislike button on imamother

Yikes I didn’t know that. But also I don’t think that’s true because when someone posts something devastating they always get dozens of hugs , and there is no way that in those cases it’s meant as dislike. So I don’t really understand this …

amother
Ebony

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:37 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Not necessarily for yt but last week I ordered the at home laser machine. I'm dreaming about it for a while already and last week my craving won.

Tell me more about this
I want to do half leg, will it work?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:52 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
No splurges bec our bills are high now from Purim and other expenses

Thinking of getting Le labo perfume

I have a wishlist that includes Celine sunglasses and an Hermes belt but chances of me getting those are like 5%

Maybe dh will get me a $400 piece of jewelry for yt

Also thinking of getting glasses and maybe a dress online that’s almost $200

I’ll see what the next few weeks being in terms of expenses

Where do you get a nice piece of jewelry for $400? It's diamond? I need deets lol

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:52 pm
a amother cornflower wrote:
Yikes I didn’t know that. But also I don’t think that’s true because when someone posts something devastating they always get dozens of hugs , and there is no way that in those cases it’s meant as dislike. So I don’t really understand this …

I don't think she meant it literally. You're right, it's supposed to be like a literal hug- show of emotion toward the other poster.
She meant that on Imamother people abuse it and use it as a dislike button

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 10:59 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I really want to splurge on myself but I feel too fat and hopeless.
If anyone has any ideas for a dress that might work for a 5 foot 165 pound upper 30s year old. Let me know. Oh and I have too much anxiety to go shopping in person because my body.

I say this in the nicest, calmest and least harsh tone possible. Please please get help because 5ft 165lbs is anything but fat! That is totally normal. I'm sorry our twisted world has led you to believe otherwise. I would check out some plus size stores, there are many now with beautiful items. But seriously, skinny is not the solution to your problems.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:13 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Where do you get a nice piece of jewelry for $400? It's diamond? I need deets lol

Why wound you assume that she’s referring to is Diamond?

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Why wound you assume that she’s referring to is Diamond?

Why do you care?

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:19 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
No splurges bec our bills are high now from Purim and other expenses

Thinking of getting Le labo perfume

I have a wishlist that includes Celine sunglasses and an Hermes belt but chances of me getting those are like 5%

Maybe dh will get me a $400 piece of jewelry for yt

Also thinking of getting glasses and maybe a dress online that’s almost $200

I’ll see what the next few weeks being in terms of expenses

Just bought 3 perfumes from Dossier. They make dupes from expensive perfumes.

I’d never heard about Le Labo before but your post made me buy it. Here’s a link + discount code to the site in case you want to splurge and save at the same time:) http://rwrd.io/uztpgxo?s

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:21 pm
I am short and big on top and dresses look awful on me - I do skirts and tops and live vicariously through my daughters who are preteen and taller than me and look awesome in dresses.

My yom tov wish list is:

An orly skirt for myself (these skirts are a fortune , close to $200 , but there is something about the fit and the style is one of the only skirts that look decent on me). I try to make it happen to treat myself every couple of years and it’s been longer than that so I’m hoping I can wing it.

New bra
Nice shabbos flats
Nice weekday flats
$250 headband fall from AliExpress
A couple of new makeup items

I definitely can’t afford all of this so I’m going to start with the bra since that’s most needed, and if I can do the skirt. Everything else will depend if I get a YT bonus this year from work.

I am blessed that my husband is happy with his suit and hat which were both bought within the last year and he’s low maintenance and not even considering to buy himself anything, thank goodness.

My kids are another story. That’s where the money goes …

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:42 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Why do you care?

Me? I don’t care at all. But the way you asked, $400 for nice jewelry? Diamond? Was so oddly presumptive.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:44 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Me? I don’t care at all. But the way you asked, $400 for nice jewelry? Diamond? Was so oddly presumptive.

Huh? Idk most women I know get diamond or cz jewelry. So I was wondering if it was diamond. That's it. No need to criticize me.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Mar 17 2024, 11:53 pm
So far. Dh bought them expensive snacks (snack bags that were about $2 a piece and he bought 75.....) and junk for mm....stuff I would never have bought but I'm home with a newborn so letting it go. Lol
Haven't bought much else but need to buy a wig and clothes.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics