Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
For fun- what did you splurge on for YT?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 12:36 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Huh? Idk most women I know get diamond or cz jewelry. So I was wondering if it was diamond. That's it. No need to criticize me.

I agree with you. $400 is too random an amount for a piece of jewelry. Way too much for costume, even nice costume, but not much can be bought with $400 in “real”, and if someone is buying real for that amount if want to know where too, so I can get in on the great deal.
Your question was legit.
I haven’t gotten a real piece of jewelry in 15 years since the prices are so much more expensive than $400 for for anything “real”.

yachnabobba

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:18 am
I have a teenaged daughter who is built like a tree trunk. I spend a lot of time and more money than I do on anything else to make her look and feel beautiful. She has a magnificent Pesach wardrobe and I consider it money well spent

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:39 am
I bought a $190 weekday outfit I just lost some weight and was excited I fit in a non plus size top. My splurg was a $55 kiddie chick little girls shabbous dress cause my daughter has like 5+ from sale/shein. I splurged on a $200 dress wore it one time.. local and the material snagged all over so upset took it back

amother
Wandflower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 3:40 am
yachnabobba wrote:
I have a teenaged daughter who is built like a tree trunk. I spend a lot of time and more money than I do on anything else to make her look and feel beautiful. She has a magnificent Pesach wardrobe and I consider it money well spent

What does this mean? There are many kind of tree trunks.

Reality

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 4:49 am
yachnabobba wrote:

Please tell me I didn't just read that. I'm so sorry you feel like that about your daughter. I'm so sorry you can feel comfortable describing your daughter like that publicly for many people to read. Your daughter deserves to be loved not shamed!

Reality

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:00 am
To answer the question: I haven't shopped yet cuz it's been hectic but hoping to get a new outfit/dress for Pesach. I would love new earrings too! There's always shavuos too!

spikta

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 5:52 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
I really want to splurge on myself but I feel too fat and hopeless.
If anyone has any ideas for a dress that might work for a 5 foot 165 pound upper 30s year old. Let me know. Oh and I have too much anxiety to go shopping in person because my body.

I'm 5'4 and 200 lb so probably similar overall effect. Dresses are obviously really hard. What I've done several times is gotten a top and a pencil skirt in a matching color, then worn together with a wide belt so you can't see the tuck. Everyone thinks it's a dress. You can get stretchy belts in different styles on Amazon and pencil skirts in a variety of colors in various places online, you just need to find what tops work for you.
I always tuck and belt shabbos clothes. It gives you shape and makes you look so much more put together. And if you wear a colorful or interesting belt it totally makes the outfit - a fun belt can totally elevate a boring skirt and top.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Disclaimer and warning…

Enter this thread at your own risk.

I’m ok with getting tomatoes for this. I just don’t enjoy all the frugal competition threads on this board. If this is not your cup of tea then please skip this thread, I do not wish for anyone to get hurt or take offense.

So… I bought my 3 year old a designer dress for YT for $165. I know I’ll get a lot of hate for it, but the rest of her outfits were like $35 annd down (yay past season) and I only have one girl.

The material is gorgeous, the fit is perfect and I get a secret thrill when I look at it. She has a really cute stomach that made lot of dresses too tight on her and this just cuts her in such a nice way.

(Don’t worry, I pay full tuition, give tzedakah and paid with my debit.)

What about you? Bonus if it was something you splurged on yourself.. because jokes on me my outfits are no near as expensive.

Whenever she wears the dress, you will enjoy looking at it and the material etc. It's okay to splurge here and there! Enjoy!!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:23 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Whenever she wears the dress, you will enjoy looking at it and the material etc. It's okay to splurge here and there! Enjoy!!

Totally agree. We splurged on a professional picture wall about a year ago and it gives me such pleasure. I still stand there looking at all the pictures regularly. Made our apartment feel like such a home!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:41 am
I‘m pregnant and have to be extra careful with lifting and shlepping stuff so I will splurge on extra cleaning help and more babysitting for my kids.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:44 am
amother Beige wrote:
I‘m pregnant and have to be extra careful with lifting and shlepping stuff so I will splurge on extra cleaning help and more babysitting for my kids.

That's a necessity not a splurge. Glad you're taking care of yourself!

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 6:51 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
Very expensive diamond earrings! And I love them!!!!
I live frugal, scrimp and save, and dress my kids uner $15 from my local walmart and target
I dont buy myself new things every season, and havent gotten a new pair of shoes in years....
I really had a secret wish for earrings, seems like a little berdie shared my secret! Hub surprised me with a stunning pair. And when I heared the price, I gulped... Its more then his paycheck.... But even though I can think of a million and one necessities I could buy with that money, he definitely made my day, month, year with this gift

Recently I developed a taste for real diamonds. I usually got my gifts from svarowski and so. But I would love something from real diamonds, so I decided to forego a couple of presents and instead put the money aside in order to buy something real in a couple of years.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:35 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Where do you get a nice piece of jewelry for $400? It's diamond? I need deets lol

Im looking for a weekday bracelet, I had my eye on a Diamond station bracelet (like Diamond by the yard look) so yea it’s real Diamond but very dainty and minimalistic. Maybe 5 diamonds total on the bracelet.
I’d probably go to Molly’s but Jen K online has some on their website.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:38 am
amother Clear wrote:
Just bought 3 perfumes from Dossier. They make dupes from expensive perfumes.

I’d never heard about Le Labo before but your post made me buy it. Here’s a link + discount code to the site in case you want to splurge and save at the same time:) http://rwrd.io/uztpgxo?s

I don’t like fakes, I’m scared of what they put in. And maybe I’m a victim of good marketing by luxury companies lol

Le Labo makes amazing scents. They are kind of unisx, not specifically feminine which I love. They smell very expensive. I’ve tried many perfumes and their scents are my favorites. I originally got one as a sample from Nordstrom and I was hooked. But they are expensive!! $90 for a tiny .5 bottle.

So we’ll see if I end up splurging Smile

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:41 am
Reality wrote:
Please tell me I didn't just read that. I'm so sorry you feel like that about your daughter. I'm so sorry you can feel comfortable describing your daughter like that publicly for many people to read. Your daughter deserves to be loved not shamed!

It appears you did not read the remainder of my message. My daughter is thick she has a burly build with a large chest circumference that has nothing to do with development
She is brilliant, kind, witty and frum. Because I feel so strongly that in spite of having really lost in genetics roulette, I want her to look in the mirror and see the beauty I see, I spend a huge amount of time and money neither of which I have in abundance to clothe her. That’s the point. My priority is making her feel beautiful (where do you think the tree trunk description came from)
My daughter is loved and is never shamed. As a matter of fact I haven’t gotten myself as a new pair of underwear in years because she is my priority
I will take your mussar to heart. My daughter is beautiful and brilliant and I adore her to bits. She loves shopping and clothes so I must be doing something not altogether wrong .

yachnabobba

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 7:42 am
amother Wandflower wrote:
What does this mean? There are many kind of tree trunks.

She is sturdy and not curvy. Most clothing expects the majority of the fabric to be needed forward

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:06 am
amother cornflower wrote:
I agree with you. $400 is too random an amount for a piece of jewelry. Way too much for costume, even nice costume, but not much can be bought with $400 in “real”, and if someone is buying real for that amount if want to know where too, so I can get in on the great deal.
Your question was legit.
I haven’t gotten a real piece of jewelry in 15 years since the prices are so much more expensive than $400 for for anything “real”.

It seems like you may have more expensive taste or higher expectations for Jewelery than that poster. You can buy a minimalistic 14k gold chain for 400, such as a layering piece.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:13 am
I will splurge on nice paper goods for pesach so I have less dishes to wash! Smile

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:15 am
To clarify the bracelet debate lol I had in mind something like this https://jenkonline.com/collect.....celet
But with a single chain

Reality

Post Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:36 am
amother Bone wrote:
It appears you did not read the remainder of my message. My daughter is thick she has a burly build with a large chest circumference that has nothing to do with development
She is brilliant, kind, witty and frum. Because I feel so strongly that in spite of having really lost in genetics roulette, I want her to look in the mirror and see the beauty I see, I spend a huge amount of time and money neither of which I have in abundance to clothe her. That’s the point. My priority is making her feel beautiful (where do you think the tree trunk description came from)
My daughter is loved and is never shamed. As a matter of fact I haven’t gotten myself as a new pair of underwear in years because she is my priority

I most certainly did read the rest of your comment. And I read this comment entirely too. While it is admirable that you skimp on yourself to pay for your daughter's clothes, all I can say is OMG, the way you describe your daughter, OMG! I am literally speechless! Don't think for a second that your daughter doesn't know her mom thinks of her as thick and burly, looking like a tree trunk!

Last edited by Reality on Mon, Mar 18 2024, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics